Police breakthrough after teen’s mystery death

snoop1130

Police breakthrough after teen’s mystery death

By WASUKIT LAO-IN, 
SURIYA PATATHAYO 
THE NATION

2142e0e468fc2ea75d54d905ae76606d.jpeg

POLICE are hoping to speedily secure arrest warrants for those allegedly implicated in the death of a 15-year-old schoolboy at a boarding school in Nakhon Sawan’s Muang district earlier this month.

“This case isn’t very complicated but, as it involves a minor, we have to tread carefully and work with the related agencies as per the law. I won’t let the culprit(s) walk free. We should soon have some good news [regarding the arrest warrants],” said Nakhon Sawan police chief Pol Maj-General Damrong Phetchpong after a meeting with investigators on Monday.

Tapakorn “Chaidaen” Sapsin came from Tak province but had been living and studying at the tutoring school for almost two years to prepare for the military cadet academy entrance exam along with 10 other children.

He was injured on June 9, later fell into a coma and was rushed on June 12 to Sawan Pracharak Hospital, where he was treated in the intensive care unit before passing away the next day. 

Police General Hospital’s Institute of Forensic Medicine spokesman Pol Colonel Wathee Atsawuthtamangkoon said the post-mortem conducted on June 15 showed he had died from bleeding in his stomach and that his internal organs had sustained traumatic injuries. The lab test result for any substances in his body would come out in 30 days, Wathee added.

Muang Nakhon Sawan superintendent Pol Colonel Sutthinan Khongchaemdee said police believe Tapakorn died from injuries he had sustained from “an accident while playing with friends” – as his tutors and others had initially insisted – or as a result of being fatally assaulted. 

A police source said belief in the latter possibility stemmed from Tapakorn’s parents’ scepticism over their only son’s sudden and serious injuries. 

The source also said a tutor had reportedly admitted to punishing the boy by hitting him 20 times with a baseball after he argued with the school owner’s mother-in-law because she wouldn’t allow him to use his mobile phone to call home.

Sutthinan said police had conducted extensive inquiries with students but the case had been held up because interviewing teenagers required a public prosecutor and a multidisciplinary team to be present and therefore took longer to organise.

While lodging a police complaint over Tapakorn’s death on June 14, Pisanu Sapsin, 47, said he and wife lived in Tak but kept in regular phone contact with their son, who was studying to fulfil his dream of becoming a military officer. He recalled that Tapakorn appeared absent-minded and troubled as if he was having a hard time during his latest visit home, but Pisanu assumed he just had a normal teenager’s problems and so the family let him continue studying at the school. 

“On June 12, we heard our son was in a coma in hospital,” he said. “A doctor said he had a head wound [which required seven stitches], a broken arm, a blood infection and that his internal organs were in trauma. 

“I was so shocked and puzzled how and why he could have sustained such serious injuries. I asked the school owner, who told me my son was playing with friends on June 9 when he accidentally tripped and hit his head on the railings of a staircase. 

“So why did the school owner seize my son’s phone to prevent him from calling home about that accident? Why did they keep him at the school until he had shock episodes and passed out before sending him to hospital on June 12 and only then informed me?

“I think my son was assaulted. I want police to investigate this case. If my suspicions turn out to be true, I will take legal action [against those involved in the assault].”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30371257

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-17

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

I asked the school owner, who told me my son was playing with friends on June 9 when he accidentally tripped and hit his head on the railings of a staircase. 

The Friends could be and should be the witness truth to the accident and what happened.

Could a baseball break an arm. ?

“This case isn’t very complicated but, as it involves a minor, we have to tread carefully and work with the related agencies as per the law.

Not very complicated is it as hitting yourself with a baseball bat 20 times suicide must have been ruled out early on even here????RIP

12 hours ago, thequietman said:

Know your place and move on. 

Oh, Sir. I really admire you fantastic solution. You do realize the result of that way of thinking is why it is like it is today.

And you just want everyone to get back in line and keep quiet. How can you even dare to make a comment like this? I know, try say it in front of the father.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Oh, Sir. I really admire you fantastic solution. You do realize the result of that way of thinking is why it is like it is today.

And you just want everyone to get back in line and keep quiet. How can you even dare to make a comment like this? I know, try say it in front of the father.

Sarcasm ..... look it up and then re-read my post. Hopefully you will recognise it then. ????

9 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

“This case isn’t very complicated but, as it involves a minor, we have to tread carefully and work with the related agencies as per the law.

Not very complicated is it as hitting yourself with a baseball bat 20 times suicide must have been ruled out early on even here????RIP

Base ball ........ base ball.

37 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The Friends could be and should be the witness truth to the accident and what happened.

Could a baseball break an arm. ?

I assumed that was supposed to read "baseball bat". If so, how brutal !

28 minutes ago, neeray said:

I assumed that was supposed to read  "baseball bat".  If so, how brutal !

Agree it states a source said !! 

One of the reasons I would question the friends to get answers about the play accident and see if there are any doubts.

If so finding out if there are any threats towards them if the truth be told.

Sounds like hard work though..   

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Muang Nakhon Sawan superintendent Pol Colonel Sutthinan Khongchaemdee said police believe Tapakorn died from injuries he had sustained from “an accident while playing with friends” – as his tutors and others had initially insisted

I t just goes on and on and on !

Un believable !

34 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I t just goes on and on and on !

Un believable !

Agree and it's unbelievable that these circumstances and these incidents have not been stopped decades ago and more especially stopped now whilst the military has such strong control.

But is also shows their lack of realization of their role and the boundaries they must operate within and their lack of any attempt to do so and the lack of action my military seniors to get this fixed. And their lack of understanding / acceptance that they are accountable to the whole populace of Thailand.

Roll on the young folks to quickly gain / demand a very strong position of power along with intelligence and balance and make the dinosaurs irrelevant.

Roll on FF.

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It is probably what it meant to say if the journalist was paying attention to his/her work. It's the main weapon of choice in Thailand. They certainly don't use them to play baseball.

Just as probable that your bashing speculation is wrong and that that is not what the reporter meant.

This in any other country, would have resulted in all staff and students being interviewed.

Possible suspension of any classes and resolved as soon as the autopsy report was completed.

Shocking you put child into the care of a school and it appears he is beaten to death.

The lad deserves justice

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:02 AM, thequietman said:

I wish you luck sir, I really do, but you are not going to get any kind of justice in this.

Hit 20 times with a baseball bat, to think that this needs an investigation of more than one week and a charge of manslaughter at the least, is beyond belief---- but TIT.

Shocking, poor boy RIP.

On 6/17/2019 at 9:02 PM, thequietman said:

I wish you luck sir, I really do, but you are not going to get any kind of justice in this.

Why do some find my op confusing?

He is up against the Thai army here. In my 14 years here, no one, NO One in the army has been convicted off a crime like this. They may say that they will take action, they may say that they found one guilty but only confined to barracks. They do not convict their own, so I feel it's best for the father to move one.

He won' t get any satisfaction unless he takes matters into his own hands. It's really that simple. He wholeheartedly has my sympathy but let's be realistic here and remember where you are.  

On 6/17/2019 at 8:54 PM, snoop1130 said:

a tutor had reportedly admitted to punishing the boy by hitting him 20 times with a baseball after he argued with the school owner’s mother-in-law because she wouldn’t allow him to use his mobile phone to call home.

Murder - As if this was ever a question, except by those who would cover up the crime and protect the killers.

Archived