Northeastern MPs warn they may reconsider their role if they are ignored

webfact

%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%

Cabinet seat sharing in the Palang Pracharat party appears to be far from settled, as resentment still simmers among a group of 19 northeastern MPs who claim they have been left out and are now demanding a “share of the cake”.

Mr. Aekkarat Changlao, a party-list MP and self-proclaimed leader of the dissident MPs, said that the group will meet tomorrow, at an undisclosed location, to discuss their next move, should the party still ignore the group.

“There are 20 provinces in the Northeast and the Korat group, representing five provinces, was given cabinet seats, but our group represents 15 provinces. 

We have won 19 constituency and party-list seats, but the senior people in the party have overlooked our importance. We are not eyeing a (cabinet) seat, just an executive post. It does not have to be me, but anyone in our group is fine, said the party-list MP as he warned that the group would reconsider its role in the party if its demand is not heeded.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/northeastern-mps-warn-they-may-reconsider-their-role-if-they-are-ignored/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-06-18

1 hour ago, webfact said:

These people don't seem to understand the Prayut government is not there to help improve the quality of life for the punters out in the provinces. It is there to protect and enrich their elite commercial friends for which they would be handsomely rewarded.

It is the elite 1% of the population who already own 67% of the Country's wealth and have made Thailand famous by making it No. 1 as the world's most unequal country. Now the "election" is over it is likely this inequality will grow.

Will central government, the dicatorship, take heed of Northeastern politians and their  intentions?

From my experience of living in Thailand;  or should it be renamed Tie-land, considering it is a country under marshall law,  I've come to understand that N.E Thailand plus Thai are considered the back water, undisirables of Thailand.

I could be wrong?

Good luck.guys...

Paradise. Time to get out...

1 hour ago, Sonhia said:

Will central government, the dicatorship, take heed of Northeastern politians and their  intentions?

From my experience of living in Thailand;  or should it be renamed Tie-land, considering it is a country under marshall law,  I've come to understand that N.E Thailand plus Thai are considered the back water, undisirables of Thailand.

I could be wrong?

Good luck.guys...

Paradise. Time to get out...

Living in a backwater is laid back and easy, no hassle.

they did get some 50-100mln baht (or were promised to) each for switching sides from PT to junta. They should stay quiet and monthly instalments will be still coming into their offshore accounts

Revolt may be the only answer. Just look at Hong Kong. How do you think these nitwit incompetents would act, if two million Thai people took to the streets? Another coup would be impossible, since they essentially pulled a coup last month. What would they do? Why don't the people express the obvious disdain they feel for the feckless and hapless army fools?

Archived