BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

US pensioner arrested for staying in Thailand illegally

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Sounds like he misunderstood something and now they are making him look like the evil foreigner. He certainly tried as he travelled to the bridge twice. 

The evil foreigner didn't walk the extra 20 meters to exit and then reenter for his entry stamp. From his passport record, he never left Thailand. Trying doesn't cut it; you have to do it.

Edited by Uptooyoo
clarification

A troll post and a reply have been removed

• Like 1

It really looks like that Thais only focus to catch on foreigners.

Why they not go to catch all the criminal dangerous drivers who break the laws 

a billion times every day????

Dangerous speeding. Red traffic light violations. Endangering outhers. Driving on the sidewalk. etc.

I don't want to hear stupid excuses!!!!! I want to know why????

I am wondering what would happen, if all these deported foreigners would wake up and

start some serious lawsuits against this country. That would make some waves, if thez get some

invitation from the International Crime Court in Den Haag.

I just think about the torture and inhuman treatment of prisoners.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LongTang said:

Totally agree, This kind of new makes me want to vomit !

Shaming an old man like that for an obvious mixup is absolutely despicable ! 🤬🤢🤮

TBH , sounds like it was a deliberate attempt at deception 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

This is just a case of the IOs involved making a major thing out of nothing.

Oh look we are doing a fantastic job, we nabbed this farang offender, took 5 of us, pathetic.

Who knows maybe the poor man got confused, made a simple error, it does happen sometimes to older folk.

Happens to me weekly in Soi Nana.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Pitches for Thai reality TV shows:

To Catch a Farang with Chris 'Big Joke' Hansen

Thailand's Most Wanted Farang

Kick Me Out of Thailand [based on Take Me Out of Thailand]

12 Years an Expat

Django Chained and Deported

The Fugitive Farang

You wanna say this is all TVF-induced paranoia, be my guest, but I'm telling you these constant reports about foreigners being arrested, rounded up, and deported is having a very negative effect on how average Thais see foreigners. The Land of Smiles is becoming The Land of Stares. The government better wake up. It's not just expats who are noticing this; tourists have to have started noticing as well.

I think it's good for the agents business eh?  

55 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Think you will find that photo was taken for Thai news.

And yes, it's Thai people killing Thai and Falang people on the Thai roads.

was there any real point to your post. 

So you think immigration should travel around Thailand to arrest people who drive poorly? Or what was the point of your post?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Estrada said:

I had this problem once. Flew to Singapore for a meeting in the airport transit area with a friends transiting through Singapore Airport. Neither of us entered Singapore but I exited Thailand. They gave my agro at Immigration because they said I must enter the other country. (Thai logic). I remember years ago a friend used to go to a border crossing, get stamped out and then go to the the end of the building and get stamped back in again. It seems like there are people still using this system. I do not believe that there is anything in the regulations that stated you have to enter another country after receiving an exit stamp.

Once you get stamped out of Thailand and leave the country, its non of their (Thai immigration) where you go. In most of Europe if you have a UK passport for example you don't get stamps entering and exiting. Why you would get 'agro' entering back into Thailand is to say the least very odd.

• Like 1

In the end we all know at present they are clamping down on every infraction, why give them an excuse to clamp down on you easier to just follow the rules and keep your nose clean.