Pit bull savages child in Chiang Mai - owner pays 3,000 baht and no more

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is nothing wrong with a pitbull who has been properly trained. But, the ones that have not received the right kind of training can be very dangerous. 

Agree, But pitbull dogs were bred for fighting and extreme aggression / determination not to stop fighting and to block out pain.  It's in their genetic make up to be pre disposed to go 'crazy' if something triggers them.  

16 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Normally It has nothing to do with the dog. Any dog can rip you , even a Chihuahua !!

I

15 hours ago, BestB said:

Pitbulls are fighting dogs? Since when?

being forced to fight and being fighting dogs are very different matters 

They are genetically selected for their fighting abilities over many generations.  That is still part of their make up today, and why, if one starts to attack it can not 'switch' off and stop... instead will try to fight to the death even if its getting badly hurt and wounded.  It only takes an incident to trigger this response and then its very difficult for us to stop the attack.  Because of the breeds massive strength and size the damage inflicted on a human or other animals is severe compared to what a chihuahua or smaller dog can do.  (also these dogs are not genetically bred to be so strong and powerful, or go into a frenzy fighting mode).  

11 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

It's not the dog, it's the owner - now there's an argument that destroys itself. The problem is, there's no way of telling if a person is capable of handling that potential lethal weapon known as the pitbull terrier. Yet the very worst of them claim the right to own such a beast. So if you don't want this weapon to fall into the wrong hands you have to decide one of two things: stringent psychiatric evaluations and training of potential owners, or eradicate the breed altogether so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. The first is not possible in Thailand, which leaves only the second. 

Same as the gun laws in America... its not the gun its the owner.  Its the same mentality going on with these people.  Funny how they don't want other counties to have nuclear weapons as its not the weapons fault, nuclear bombs don't kill people... its the 'owner' lol.  

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

Agree, But pitbull dogs were bred for fighting and extreme aggression / determination not to stop fighting and to block out pain.  It's in their genetic make up to be pre disposed to go 'crazy' if something triggers them.  

They are genetically selected for their fighting abilities over many generations.  That is still part of their make up today, and why, if one starts to attack it can not 'switch' off and stop... instead will try to fight to the death even if its getting badly hurt and wounded.  It only takes an incident to trigger this response and then its very difficult for us to stop the attack.  Because of the breeds massive strength and size the damage inflicted on a human or other animals is severe compared to what a chihuahua or smaller dog can do.  (also these dogs are not genetically bred to be so strong and powerful, or go into a frenzy fighting mode).  

Same as the gun laws in America... its not the gun its the owner.  Its the same mentality going on with these people.  Funny how they don't want other counties to have nuclear weapons as its not the weapons fault, nuclear bombs don't kill people... its the 'owner' lol.  

Yes because of their strength they inflict lots of damage but so do other large breeds and as already proven by facts , retrievers are above pitbulls on attacks on humans. 

Today's pit bull is a descendant of the original English bull-baiting dog—a dog that was bred to bite and hold bulls, bears and other large animals around the face and head. ... Some pit bulls were selected and bred for their fighting ability. That means that they may be more likely than other breeds to fight with dogs.

Hardly means pitbulls are fighting dogs or breed for fighting .

they have tendency and if forced or encouraged then it becomes a fighting dog, most certainly not born as one 

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yes because of their strength they inflict lots of damage but so do other large breeds and as already proven by facts , retrievers are above pitbulls on attacks on humans. 

Today's pit bull is a descendant of the original English bull-baiting dog—a dog that was bred to bite and hold bulls, bears and other large animals around the face and head. ... Some pit bulls were selected and bred for their fighting ability. That means that they may be more likely than other breeds to fight with dogs.

Hardly means pitbulls are fighting dogs or breed for fighting .

they have tendency and if forced or encouraged then it becomes a fighting dog, most certainly not born as one 

You are saying these dogs were bred to 'bite and hold' large animals 'around the face and head'.  They were 'selectively bred for their fighting ability'.  

Then you say this hardly means they are fighting dogs or bred for fighting !!!!!!  

They are one of the most powerful dog breeds out there... and as you say, bred to bite and hold large animals faces.  That does not sound like a good dog breed to choose as a pet.

A retriever is physically not able to inflict as much damage as a pitbull.  It is also not likely to go into a pitbull frenzy and go on and on at a victim oblivious to anything going on around it.  

Ask yourself, if you were faced with having to fight a vicious retriever or a vicious pit bull, which one would you say was going to be the most dangerous to you?

They are just too potentially dangerous to be pets.  You might as well keep a hyena or bear, then act shocked if it seriously injured someone, saying it was usually so loving with you and liked tummy rubs.  Mind you in America I have seen people do keep tigers, lions, huge snakes and bears as pets... crazy world.  

28 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

True. But it does not help to have 40% of all of the guns in the world in the US. Gun ownership and easy access to guns, leads to violence. Just like pitbull ownership can lead to deaths or injuries. 

Since the Sandy Hook shooting, there have been more than 2,000 mass shootings in which four or more people, excluding the shooter, were shot but not necessarily killed. Nearly 2,300 people have been killed and almost 8,400 have been wounded. Since 2013, there has been only one full calendar week — the week of January 5, 2014 — without a mass shooting.

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/19/18412650/columbine-mass-shootings-gun-violence-map-charts-data

American citizens now own 40 per cent of all guns in the world - more than the next 25 top-ranked gun ownership countries combined - with the number only set to grow, according to new research. According to a decade-long survey released by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, not only do Americans own the highest number of guns per capita, but also between 2006 and 2017, US gun owners acquired some 122 million new guns. That represented more than half of the 207 million new civilian-owned firearms around the world during that time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/gun-ownership-country-us-legal-firearm-citizens-statistics-a8406941.html

20 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You are saying these dogs were bred to 'bite and hold' large animals 'around the face and head'.  They were 'selectively bred for their fighting ability'.  

Then you say this hardly means they are fighting dogs or bred for fighting !!!!!!  

They are one of the most powerful dog breeds out there... and as you say, bred to bite and hold large animals faces.  That does not sound like a good dog breed to choose as a pet.

A retriever is physically not able to inflict as much damage as a pitbull.  It is also not likely to go into a pitbull frenzy and go on and on at a victim oblivious to anything going on around it.  

Ask yourself, if you were faced with having to fight a vicious retriever or a vicious pit bull, which one would you say was going to be the most dangerous to you?

They are just too potentially dangerous to be pets.  You might as well keep a hyena or bear, then act shocked if it seriously injured someone, saying it was usually so loving with you and liked tummy rubs.  Mind you in America I have seen people do keep tigers, lions, huge snakes and bears as pets... crazy world.  

Anciently they were bred for that, modern times they are not .

as I said I have 6 pitbulls , Aunty , father and 4 kids . Sure as hell

did not breed them to be fighting dogs nor are they interested in anything else but sleeping on the sofa with AC on.

pups are terrorists like all other pups but with more strength so most of the furniture is fully eaten instead of being partly eaten 

You don't have to breed them to be violent, they just are, you have no choice. Anyone keeping these dogs in a family with children is courting disaster as many with dead children found out the hard way, but good luck with the doggie ticking time bombs.

22 hours ago, natway09 said:

Pit bulls should be a banned species, & I love dogs

I agree with the elimination of the Pit Bull breed and I'm a dog as well as animal lover also.

I'd not suggest killing anyone's living dog but I'd like to see a mandatory neutering and spaying of all Pit Bulls with a failure to do so having a seriously punitive fine and or imprisonment.   

The individual dog may be sweet but underneath that sweetness lies a  very  real potential killer.

6 hours ago, Almer said:

BestB, i will i will take a chance with the cat, Ive heard rumour that a fit healthy male 6' 15 stone stands little chance with an angry Pit 

Typically i do not pick fights with dogs, so can not comment, but can tell you for a fat, cat bite hurts by far more than dogs bite.

Dog bite may look worse but heals fast, cats bite, looks as if nothing,but hurts by far more than a dogs bite and takes longer to heal.

From personal experience as i posted earlier, dog bite 2-3 days and all good, my cat bite took almost 3 week and double course of antibiotics because swelling would not go down

Perfect example of ignorance . Were you aware Most Common Breeds of Dog to Attack are labradors ? If you were not , you are now [emoji106]

Let’s not forget Joanna Villafane.
Killed by HER OWN pitbulls March 2019. The testimonies from friends about her said she was a wonderful person. No way she mistreated her dogs or is guilty in any way other than the staggering stupidity of keeping pit bulls in the first place

Next time you read of a Labrador savagely mauling their owner, and biting her by the throat until dead please provide a link.IMG_0735.jpg.

9 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

Let’s not forget Joanna Villafane.
Killed by HER OWN pitbulls March 2019. The testimonies from friends about her said she was a wonderful person. No way she mistreated her dogs or is guilty in any way other than the staggering stupidity of keeping pit bulls in the first place

Next time you read of a Labrador savagely mauling their owner, and biting her by the throat until dead please provide a link.IMG_0735.jpg.

Yes because no other breed of dogs ever attacked its owner.

Pit Bulls Are Chiller Than Chihuahuas

The American Pit Bull Terrier—a breed often portrayed as highly aggressive—consistently ranked as one of the least aggressive dogs, with the exception being toward new dogs, where it was still below Miniature Schnauzers. This could be because pit bull owners are conscious of the bias against the breed when self-reporting, but it does agree with the American Temperament Test Society, which also has found that American Pit Bull Terriers were among the most tolerant breeds.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/09/pit-bulls-are-chiller-than-chihuahuas/500558/

22 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

Next time a little yapping irritating Toy breed kills somebody please provide a link.

Do little research, less than 3 months ago poodle killed its owner here in Thailand,was on Thai visa, so what you gonna say now?

Do little research, less than 3 months ago poodle killed its owner here in Thailand,was on Thai visa, so what you gonna say now?

If it was Standard Poodle I believe it.

Them’ bitches be nasty.

Otherwise please provide a link.

IMG_0742.jpg

23 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

If it was Standard Poodle I believe it.

Them’ bitches be nasty.

Otherwise please provide a link.

IMG_0742.jpg

No it was not and deflecting does not make your posts more factual. Again was on Thai visa, do your own research 

I did and can find nothing but an off topic article about a pack of small dogs killing an old woman in the US last year. No doubt an aged or invalid individual can be killed by a small dog.

How many tragedies involve so-called pit-bulls? I won’t bother proving the links do your own research

Smart jurisdictions ban dangerous breeds or put them under kenneling/muzzling restrictions with high insurance, mandatory registration, and mandatory sterilization. These are countries with clear rule of law, and competent courts and constabularies. Not suitable for Thailand. Go down to the beach and see the owners, almost as dangerous looking as the dogs themselves frothing at the mouth with a heavy chayne. The message?, “I’m a dangerous aggressive animal, AND SO IS MY DOG”

25 minutes ago, BestB said:

No it was not and deflecting does not make your posts more factual. Again was on Thai visa, do your own research 

I did a thaivisa search and can't find a topic of a poodle killing it's owner. I'm willing to believe it if you can post the link.

We always had pitbulls in our African American community. (Because of this discussion) I thought of something funny had not remembered for years. back in the 70s as a little kid my neighbors Dad “Don’t you ever go in my back-yard that dog gonna’ take you for a honky and bite your ass”.

The dogs name was “Ripp”.

These were guard dogs never taken on walks.
Don’t recall white people keeping no Pitbulls neither!

9 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

I did and can find nothing but an off topic article about a pack of small dogs killing an old woman in the US last year. No doubt an aged or invalid individual can be killed by a small dog.

How many tragedies involve so-called pit-bulls? I won’t bother proving the links do your own research

Smart jurisdictions ban dangerous breeds or put them under kenneling/muzzling restrictions with high insurance, mandatory registration, and mandatory sterilization. These are countries with clear rule of law, and competent courts and constabularies. Not suitable for Thailand. Go down to the beach and see the owners, almost as dangerous looking as the dogs themselves frothing at the mouth with a heavy chayne. The message?, “I’m a dangerous aggressive animal, AND SO IS MY DOG”

So now you have gone from letting you know when small dogs kill

someone , to of course they can kill an old person to now judging owners looks based on your perception and judgements.

gee ... I wonder what’s next 

9 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I did a thaivisa search and can't find a topic of a poodle killing it's owner. I'm willing to believe it if you can post the link.

Research Thai visa , not over 3 months ago

A lot has to do how the dogs were raised. I’ve had a pit bull and pitt bull mixed Lab. Neither were aggressive the only time was when someone came over the backyard fence (block) 5 ft with no 

one was home. 

A lot has to do how the dogs were raised. I’ve had a pit bull and pitt bull mixed Lab. Neither were aggressive the only time was when someone came over the backyard fence (block) 5 ft with no 
one was home. 

Any dog would be aggressive in that scenario.
What kind of dog attacks a HORSE?
We already know what kind of owner let’s a dog run free in a leashes required recreation area.
The typical low education, irresponsible self-centered “ trash”.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, BestB said:

From personal experience as i posted earlier, dog bite 2-3 days and all good, my cat bite took almost 3 week and double course of antibiotics because swelling would not go down

A pitbull dog savages you leg, or a cat bites your leg.... you think the dog bite is all good in 2 - 3 days and you won't need any antibiotics of hospital treatment perhaps? LOL

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

A pitbull dog savages you leg, or a cat bites your leg.... you think the dog bite is all good in 2 - 3 days and you won't need any antibiotics of hospital treatment perhaps? LOL

Rabies injections needed

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

I do not think or guess , I know  as I have both and have been bitten by both. The real question is do you ? Have you been bitten by both to know how long it takes and what is needed?and the difference?

Archived