BANGKOK 19 July 2019 02:10
Jonathan Fairfield

PHOTOS: Just what's needed on Thailand's roads! "Fast and Furious 9" prepares for filming

Just what's needed on Thailand's roads! "Fast and Furious 9" prepares for filming

f5.jpg

Sanook reported that locals in southern Thailand were all excited at the prospect of "The Fast and The Furious" being filmed in Thailand. 

An auto parts supply firm in Krabi posted pictures online of cars, some under wraps, that looked like they would be used in the filming for the latest edition of the franchise, number nine in the series. 

Last week we reported that filming would take place in Krabi, Phangnga, Phuket and Surat Thai from July 1st to 27th. 

The company making the film is spending 340 million baht in Thailand that has sought to promote itself as a hub of film production. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-18

f1.jpgf2.jpgf3.jpgf6.jpg

f7.jpgf8.jpgf9.jpg
f10.jpg

• Thanks 1

No need to engage the "momentary suspension of disbelief" for this movie, in this country it's running 24/7. Directors cut,  admission free. 

• Like 2

I never liked this franchise, Its like publicly encouraging and idealizing crazy and irresponsible driving.

I must admit it was a bit ironic when one of the main actors died in a real car accident while sitting in a fast moving Porsche.

Hope the ticket selling will be low, though i doubt that..

• Like 2

Can't wait for the local replication of the out-takes........

• Like 1

..should blend in well...no need to pay for insane extras.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

If ever there was a perfect filming location choice for a road rage movie whose juvenile, irresponsible characters break every single letter of the law and cause millions in public property damage, this is it!

It takes some believing, but today I witnessed just East of Pattaya, some work guys erecting protection barriers around road signage.

Nothing is safe or sacred from the Lunatics on Thai roads it would seem.

I hope they put the cars back in the center. Last F&F was a crappy spy movie, nothing like the first ones.

• Like 1

What a great idea.lets make a film about road racing in the country with the most road deaths.what next death race 2020 remake around Bangkok.

did I see a report from some government idiot saying it's  not about road racing......anyway crap movie from what I've seen of it.

3 hours ago, car720 said:

The Rock and ladyboys.  That would be worth seeing alone.  :cheesy:

Poor guy will get molested and his size and muscles will not save him as some of the ladyboys are as huge as him😂

• Haha 2