PHOTOS: Just what's needed on Thailand's roads! "Fast and Furious 9" prepares for filming

Jonathan Fairfield

Just what's needed on Thailand's roads! "Fast and Furious 9" prepares for filming

f5.jpg

Sanook reported that locals in southern Thailand were all excited at the prospect of "The Fast and The Furious" being filmed in Thailand. 

An auto parts supply firm in Krabi posted pictures online of cars, some under wraps, that looked like they would be used in the filming for the latest edition of the franchise, number nine in the series. 

Last week we reported that filming would take place in Krabi, Phangnga, Phuket and Surat Thai from July 1st to 27th. 

The company making the film is spending 340 million baht in Thailand that has sought to promote itself as a hub of film production. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-18

f1.jpgf2.jpgf3.jpgf6.jpg

f7.jpgf8.jpgf9.jpg
f10.jpg

I never liked this franchise, Its like publicly encouraging and idealizing crazy and irresponsible driving.

I must admit it was a bit ironic when one of the main actors died in a real car accident while sitting in a fast moving Porsche.

Hope the ticket selling will be low, though i doubt that..

7 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

If ever there was a perfect filming location choice for a road rage movie whose juvenile, irresponsible characters break every single letter of the law and cause millions in public property damage, this is it!

It takes some believing, but today I witnessed just East of Pattaya, some work guys erecting protection barriers around road signage.

Nothing is safe or sacred from the Lunatics on Thai roads it would seem.

What a great idea.lets make a film about road racing in the country with the most road deaths.what next death race 2020 remake around Bangkok.

did I see a report from some government idiot saying it's  not about road racing......anyway crap movie from what I've seen of it.

3 hours ago, car720 said:

The Rock and ladyboys.  That would be worth seeing alone.  :cheesy:

Poor guy will get molested and his size and muscles will not save him as some of the ladyboys are as huge as him????

37 minutes ago, connda said:

But we were recently assured that this was a first and foremost a movie about Thai culture!  

Their culture revolves around money, so 340 Million baht is what this movie is about, anything else is just an excuse. Just think about how much of that 340 Million baht made it into local corrupt officials pockets.

3 hours ago, happy chappie said:

What a great idea.lets make a film about road racing in the country with the most road deaths.

pakistan, Nigeria, India, China, Congo, Indonesia, Russia, USA have more road deaths than Thailand.

3 hours ago, happy chappie said:

......anyway crap movie from what I've seen of it.

Very popular happy chappie. I watch them all.

Many Farang worry too much in Thailand. Less than ten people average die in car crash in Thailand everyday. (the average) A lot because they drunk.

It is not good they die, but I think very unlucky if it you. I don’t know anybody who die in car crash.

RIP Paul Walker

19 minutes ago, Yinn said:

pakistan, Nigeria, India, China, Congo, Indonesia, Russia, USA have more road deaths than Thailand.

Don't spoil the illusion, we like to think we are facing imminent carnage, death & destruction every time we drive on the roads!

Unfortunately often we are! ???? 

12 minutes ago, CGW said:

Don't spoil the illusion, we like to think we are facing imminent carnage, death & destruction every time we drive on the roads!

Unfortunately often we are! ???? 

If you don’t drive fast, wear the seatbelt, don’t drunk, you will be ok. 

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Very popular happy chappie. I watch them all.

Many Farang worry too much in Thailand. Less than ten people average die in car crash in Thailand everyday. (the average) A lot because they drunk.

It is not good they die, but I think very unlucky if it you. I don’t know anybody who die in car crash.

RIP Paul Walker

Must be nice living in the sticks, try Bangkok on for size, you'll learn what the rest of us are worrying about. I almost got slammed into twice today, once by a Taxi driver who jumped out of line and onto the opposite side of the road to cut around 6-7 cars (including me) turning right at a turn light, he decided he wanted to beat us to the turn at full-speed, came to a skidding stop at my drivers door. Should have saw the faces on the motorcycle riders waiting to go straight after we turned, they probably thought they were going to die. I have never seen dumber drivers in my life before coming here, the US is a delight compared to this madhouse, these people lack any training whatsoever.

9 hours ago, ocddave said:

Must be nice living in the sticks, try Bangkok on for size, you'll learn what the rest of us are worrying about. I almost got slammed into twice today, once by a Taxi driver who jumped out of line and onto the opposite side of the road to cut around 6-7 cars (including me) turning right at a turn light, he decided he wanted to beat us to the turn at full-speed, came to a skidding stop at my drivers door. Should have saw the faces on the motorcycle riders waiting to go straight after we turned, they probably thought they were going to die. 

Hahaha. Sound like the fast and furious movie!

1) drive a car. Motorbike is dangerous. Pick up go over too easy. Van not safe

2) Wear a seatbelt

3) don’t go fast

4) if have rain, turn on light, go slow

5) not drunk

Should be ok. 

Archived