Video: Viral video shows Thai "hubby" ask his "mia" for money to pay off the "pretties"!

webfact

Video: Viral video shows Thai "hubby" ask his "mia" for money to pay off the "pretties"!

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A widely shared video posted to Facebook showed a Thai husband mischievously asking his pregnant wife for 100 baht to give a tip to some pretties who came up to their table. 

The married couple were at the wedding party of friends when a singer and the women approached.

The man 'wais' his wife and indicates he needs just 100 baht. As friends shriek in delight - and he is playfully called a water monitor (a Thai swear word) - he dips into his wife's handbag to get the money for the girls. 

Some 5,000 people commented on the video and it was shared nearly 30,000 times. 

Daily News reported on the video remarking on the good-natured fun that juxtaposes a (presumably faithful) husband asking for money for another woman from his "mia" or wife. 

Thaivisa notes that if you cannot see the humor in this exchange you possibly need to learn a little more about Thai culture!

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-18

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... and then one day she comes home to find she's all alone. She hands her baby to her mum and dad and says she's off to Pattaya where a friend has arranged a job for her in a soi 6 restaurant.

(Oh dear, someone is going to take this seriously. Clap and laugh, guys, and give me 100 baht for entertaining you.)

38 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

But in all sincerity, the guy is an idiot.

Or maybe you are for inability to see he's just joking around and everyone appreciated the humor including the wife.

9 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

He wais to the wife for the money. He showed respect and asked for forgiveness. Harmless fun. But the wife will never delete that video, just in case!!!!

Video or not, wives don't have a delete button.

When the split comes, every minor misdemeanor you ever committed, no matter how vague or how far in the past, will be revived and exaggerated in divorce court.

7 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Or maybe you are for inability to see he's just joking around and everyone appreciated the humor including the wife.

Hardly!!! That clip made me cringe, and by all means I am not a saint. Look at the video again and then at the wife and really see how uncomfortable and moronic the situation was. And again I am no saint by all means, but that was just idiotic. By himself that is perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, Old Croc said:

When the split comes, every minor misdemeanor you ever committed, no matter how vague or how far in the past, will be revived and exaggerated in divorce court.

And the Court, knowing Thais, will easily perceive that on the scale of offenses typically committed by Thai husbands against their wives, this one barely moves the needle.

2 minutes ago, JSixpack said:
7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

And the Court, knowing Thais, will easily perceive that on the scale of offenses typically committed by Thai husbands against their wives, this one barely moves the needle.

Unfortunately, I was delving into my own experiences in a land far, far away.

15 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Hardly!!! That clip made me cringe, and by all means I am not a saint. Look at the video again and then at the wife and really see how uncomfortable and moronic the situation was. And again I am no saint by all means, but that was just idiotic. By himself that is perfectly fine.

No one in that video showed any discomfort or moronity at the playful situation, not one person.  Whether you did or not is irrelevant to the circumstances.

Why such an uproar ?....they will start a happy life.....

him with his tea-time friends at the Poseidon Club  and she with her tennis and fitness coaches or maybe an occassional farang sponsor here and there....and all will live happily ever after !

20 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Thaivisa rests its case about some people needing to learn a little about Thai culture.

Rooster

Been here 26 years + for your information. Speak the language and have a near and full grown family of my own (HERE). I interact with more than several several Thai business people who are well to do whom are my close friends, as well as middle and lower class Thai of all variety whom are my good friends. So I get around a lot. I'm sure that guy will have a problem over this at one time or the other with his wife. No disrespect, but I would gather I probably have more understanding of Thai people and whom they are for their culture in my left pinky than you may ever have in your entire time here. 

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:
3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

But in all sincerity, the guy is an idiot.

Why is he an idiot ?? He and everyone around him is having a great time... 

the go go bar mentality is not limited to go go bars

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes, of course it would be fine if he did it by himself. You do know that you just stated, that it would be better he go out with the guys and give money to other girls without his wife knowing. I sincerely hope that philosophy is working out fine for you. :clap2::cheesy:

The subject if he is something that could be called a real man, is questionable though. A real man would have a 100 baht in his pocket to give away at any given second of his life.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, of course it would be fine if he did it by himself. You do know that you just stated, that it would be better he go out with the guys and give money to other girls without his wife knowing. I sincerely hope that philosophy is working out fine for you. :clap2::cheesy:

The subject if he is something that could be called a real man, is questionable though. A real man would have a 100 baht in his pocket to give away at any given second of his life.

Clearly the wife holds the purse strings in that relationship.  

It was a wedding, the girls were the entertainers.  The guy quite rightly wanted to tip them.  How the Thai's on social media can ridicule that just shows how infantile and pathetic they are. 

6 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

It was a wedding, the girls were the entertainers.  The guy quite rightly wanted to tip them. 

Exactly, totally respectable situation. Our posters, drawing on their only experience, have the wrong impression they're bar girls/go-go dancers/massage girls or otherwise prostitutes coming on to him and he's tipping suggestively. Duh.

26 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Out of sight out of mind where no feelings are hurt or ugliness remembered thus having no foul done with little petty money give aways.. And yes I on my own do support the fun and games to keep the institution of the boys club alive here. Just as I get older not as much as before as my house is more comfortable.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Been here 26 years + for your information. Speak the language and have a near and full grown family of my own (HERE). I interact with more than several several Thai business people who are well to do whom are my close friends, as well as middle and lower class Thai of all variety whom are my good friends. So I get around a lot. I'm sure that guy will have a problem over this at one time or the other with his wife. No disrespect, but I would gather I probably have more understanding of Thai people and whom they are for their culture in my left pinky than you may ever have in your entire time here. 

A recitation of credentials gets you nowhere here and merely suggests you don't have a rational argument to make based on evidence. Talk's cheap on the net.

Archived