Trump says U.S. agency will begin removing millions of illegal immigrants

webfact

Trump says U.S. agency will begin removing millions of illegal immigrants

2019-06-18T013659Z_1_LYNXNPEF5H03O_RTROPTP_4_USA-IMMIGRATION-TRUMP.JPG

FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump speaks about his administration's proposals on U.S. immigration policy in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington, U.S., May 16, 2019. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Monday that U.S. authorities would begin next week removing millions of immigrants who are in the United States illegally.

"Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States," Trump tweeted, referring to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency. "They will be removed as fast as they come in," he said. He did not offer specifics.

There are an estimated 12 million immigrants who are in the United States illegally, mainly from Mexico and Central America.

Under a deal reached earlier this month, Mexico has agreed to take Central American immigrants seeking asylum in the United States until their cases are heard in U.S. courts.

The agreement, which included Mexico pledging to deploy National Guard troops to stop Central American immigrants from reaching the U.S. border, averted a Trump threat to hit Mexican imports with tariffs.

Trump also said in the tweet that Guatemala "is getting ready to sign a Safe-Third Agreement."

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence suggested last week that Guatemala could receive asylum seekers from its neighbors as a so-called safe third country.

Details of the plan have not been made public, and Guatemala has not publicly confirmed talks that the U.S. State Department said were taking place in Guatemala on Friday.

U.S. rights group Human Rights First said, however, it was "simply ludicrous" for the United States to assert that Guatemala was capable of protecting refugees, when its own citizens are fleeing violence.

Mexico has agreed that if its measures to stem the flow of migrants are unsuccessful, it will discuss signing a safe third country agreement with the United States.

(Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by Mohammad Zargham and Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-06-18

8 minutes ago, Tug said:

not finding anything on this

It's more like PR for his base.  Even Fox News indicated it was rather "scant on details."  I doubt ICE knew about it.  Trump is getting rather desperate.  More craziness to come, I promise you.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ice-to-remove-millions-of-illegal-aliens-in-us-trump-says-scant-on-details

1 hour ago, Tug said:

not finding anything on this

A bit more info below. If the man is serious. not yet another red meat baiting exercise, no way to achieve as insufficient resources / government to government agreement/s

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/trump-vows-mass-immigration-arrests-removals-of-millions-of-illegal-aliens-starting-next-week/2019/06/17/4e366f5e-916d-11e9-aadb-74e6b2b46f6a_story.html?utm_term=.c797e0d384c6

.. this is such a maze ... mis-information...  Ask a legal immigrant what they think about the illegal immigrant not jumping through the hoops...  How did this issue become so <deleted> up..???

8 hours ago, Rhys said:

.. this is such a maze ... mis-information...  Ask a legal immigrant what they think about the illegal immigrant not jumping through the hoops...  How did this issue become so <deleted>  up..???

Because the quality of life that an illegal immigrant in the USA is most likely to have is something to resent and envy?

He's making serious noise (lies) to placate his xenophobic base. He will soon officially announce his re-election campaign. His saying things like this doesn't make them so, but his Fox News viewers take it for gospel. Just like ignoring the morbid poll results leaked by his own campaign staff, he lives in the land of delusion.

I'm not any fan of Trump, but deporting illegals is the right decision, imho.

Migrants should respect the laws of the US and not enter or stay illegally. The US is very, very generous in the field of immigration and should be respected for this. They make it very easy for people to work in the US and to get green cards and naturalised. The last figures I saw were that there were 11 million illegals in the US.

2 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Migrants should respect the laws of the US and not enter or stay illegally. The US is very, very generous in the field of immigration and should be respected for this. They make it very easy for people to work in the US and to get green cards and naturalised. The last figures I saw were that there were 11 million illegals in the US.

But how to re patriot 11 million people and what will the effect be on the economy?

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Trump is getting rather desperate.  More craziness to come, I promise you.

Not desperate, for sure. His tactics before were shock and awe - attack on multiple fronts - have the crazy left and media pre-occupied with one "shocking behavior" while quietly getting other things done quickly. Quite effective actually.

22 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Did you miss the part about awaiting court cases? They have a right to due process. They should not be removed until their cases are completed, especially to Guatemala.

I hope the govt is keeping records of where these people can be contacted so they can return for their hearings.

2 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Not desperate, for sure. His tactics before were shock and awe - attack on multiple fronts - have the crazy left and media pre-occupied with one "shocking behavior" while quietly getting other things done quickly. Quite effective actually.

Whats the other things getting done?

Repeal and replace must have been really quiet

3 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Yes, I'm sure you see it that way.  But Trump's tactics only work with people in his cult.  It doesn't work with everyone else....i.e., the majority of Americans.  Trump knows this but has no idea how to fix it. 

[It’s fairly standard stuff for campaigns to project outward confidence, to keep supporters energized. But President Trump and his propagandists often go to extraordinary lengths to create the almost cultlike illusion that he is winning everywhere, possesses total mastery of events, and wields absolute dominance over his foes.]

[This leads to all manner of absurdities: Trump insists he’s taking fearsome actions against enemies he isn’t actually taking, blames the media for fabricating polls that accurately depict his deep unpopularity, and even pretends large protests greeting him abroad simply never happened.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/trump-is-afraid-hell-lose-reelection-and-hes-in-a-fury-over-it/ar-AAD0iO7?ocid=wispr

33 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

m not any fan of Trump, but deporting illegals is the right decision, imho.

You certainly have a point, However, the reality is complex.  Hate do you do about the children of the illegals who are born in the US and they are thus US citizens.  ICE come for Mom and DAD

CN ARE AT SCHOO

35 minutes ago, kamahele said:

But how to re patriot 11 million people and what will the effect be on the economy?

Whether legal or not, those people in many cases are WORKING in jobs in the U.S. and supporting their families. They're hired by Americans and American companies to do jobs that, in many cases, Americans don't want to do, at least for the salaries being offered.

I'm not sure U.S. ICE even remotely has the ability to do anything like what Trump is suggesting in any kind of near-term timeframe.... How would they even begin to find, arrest, process and deport that large a population spread out all over the U.S.

And what would the effects of that be on the U.S. economy...on agriculture, factories, services, etc etc....  The reason illegal immigration exists in the U.S. is because U.S. employers and companies WANT it to exist and feel they need that workforce in order to remain profitable (or more profitable).

It's typical Trump bull in the china shop behavior. pandering to his core of right wing zealots, and ignoring the practical consequences of what he's proposing.

37 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

m not any fan of Trump, but deporting illegals is the right decision, imho.

You certainly have a point, However, the reality is complex.  Hate do you do about the children of the illegals who are born in the US and they are thus US citizens.  ICE come for Mom and DAD

The children come home from school and no one is theree as the parents are in custody and being deported.  No other family in the US.  The children then become wards of the State and are placed in foster homes.

The parents  are now back in Mexico and get a letter for a court appearance in the US where they need to appear and present documentation that they can care for their children or the children will be become permanent wards of the State and the parents lose parental control.  Obviously, the parents cannot appear, so the children are gone.

IMO- losing your children simply because you came to America for economic reasons is a high price to pay.

Then there are the Veterans who enlisted in the US Military- not American citizens- served honorably in war zones. They come back to the US- get into drugs or alcohol because of economic situations or combat psychosis- arrested, convicted and deported as US Immigration law says legal aliens can be deported for a felony conviction.   Sent back to their birth country- cannot speak the language; and have no income.

I would agree -something has to be done but not simply deport everyone and cause huge personal issues that end up in tragedy. 

The whole Immigration system needs a huge overhaul and laws changed . Neither Trump or the Us Congress have acted and until they do-  chaos will be the norm.

9 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

i would expect everyone with a hard on for kicking out visa dodgers/overstayers here would be thoroughly behind this, no?!

Anyone who gets some pleasure out of the misery of another really needs to see a psychiatrist 

While I can understand there must be a law- there can also be compassion show when applying it.

What's interesting is that everyone seems to think that everything was all nice and happy,  and the US government was super-hospitable and welcoming of 'undocumented' immigrants. That is....until Trump thought up this evil idea of deporting people. And no one....for some reason...ever mentions deportations that occurred under Obama. But deportation, as we all know, is not a new idea. Not by a long shot. According to the ICE website, the Obama administration 'removed' over three million people during his tenure from 2009 to 2016. Right? Wrong? Fair? Unfair? Good? Bad?...up to you. I'm not a fan of Trump by any means, but those are the numbers.

https://www.ice.gov/

9 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

What's interesting is that everyone seems to think that everything was all nice and happy before Trump showed up and the US government was all determined to protect 'undocumented' immigrants to the maximum degree possible. And no one....for some reason...ever mentions deportations that occurred under Obama. But according to the ICE website, the Obama administration 'removed' over three million people during his tenure from 2009 to 2016. Right? Wrong? Fair? Unfair? Good? Bad?...up to you, but those are the numbers.

https://www.ice.gov/

So why is Trump taking credit for being so much tougher than Obama on immigration?  Is he lying again?  Rhetorical question. 

The law states that assylam seekers to the US need to apply at US consulate in first country of entry i.e. Mexico. They have been very 

generous over the years. I am sick 

and tired of this human rights crap. 

21 minutes ago, Whip said:

The law states that assylam seekers to the US need to apply at US consulate in first country of entry i.e. Mexico. They have been very 

generous over the years. I am sick 

and tired of this human rights crap. 

The law states no such thing. I am so tired of the widespread ignorance about this issue.

A foreign national who seeks asylum in the United States may do so either affirmatively or defensively.[4] An affirmative asylum seeker is physically present in the United States. This person must apply for asylum within one year of his arrival in the United States.[5] He may be undocumented, living in the United States without status, or may have entered the U.S. on a visa which will soon expire.[6]

https://lawshelf.com/videos/entry/immigration-law-the-rules-and-procedure-for-asylum-seekers

4 hours ago, Sujo said:

Did you miss the part about awaiting court cases? They have a right to due process. They should not be removed until their cases are completed, especially to Guatemala.

I hope the govt is keeping records of where these people can be contacted so they can return for their hearings.

Did you miss the part were according to statistics 90% never show? So I think we have sufficient numbers to start with. Everyday is another round of missed court dates. 

Archived