"7-Eleven" staff arrested for stealing tourist's credit card and buying goods

webfact

"7-Eleven" staff arrested for stealing tourist's credit card and buying goods

7pm.jpg

Caption: Arrested: Convenience store staff took tourist's credit card to use

Police in Chiang Mai have arrested three men for stealing a tourist's credit card and going on a spending spree.

Watcharaphon "Art" Chaiyakun, 23, from Sukhothai was arrested on a Chiang Mai warrant and charged with using the card. He was also found in possession of ganja rolled into cigarettes.

He was wearing a t-shirt with a ganja leaf and the word "Hemp" emblazoned on the front. 

Also arrested were Nanthawat "Bow" Sarathi, 28, and 18 year old Phanthakan "Kong" Konkaew from Chiang Mai.

The arrests followed a report from a Jordanian tourist called Han M. Alabadi, 37, that he had lost his Visa Credit Card.

Police examined CCTV and found that the card was used at a 7-Eleven in Ratchaphakhinai in the sum of 590 baht then again at Central Airport Plaza where a 10,000 baht ring was purchased. It was the same man with "Hemp" on his shirt.

Later two other men bought 341 baht's worth of goods at another 7-Eleven in Sompetch market using the same credit card. 

Chiang Mai News reported in their headline that at least one of those arrested worked for 7-Eleven though it was unclear if they all did. 

Source: Chiang Mai News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-18

The people who sold the goods to these men should also be arrested as they would very clearly not look like the person who's name appeared on the card or at least fired from their jobs .

Hmmm, how could they purchase the goods without a pin or signing the card, matching the signature on the back and perhaps some ID, ooops solly I forgot anything happens in Thailand, land of smiles...Sawadee ????

51 minutes ago, keith101 said:

The people who sold the goods to these men should also be arrested as they would very clearly not look like the person who's name appeared on the card or at least fired from their jobs .

And if you give your friend or your thai wife or your thai gig your credit card to pay they will arrest them too

40 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Hmmm, how could they purchase the goods without a pin or signing the card, matching the signature on the back and perhaps some ID, ooops solly I forgot anything happens in Thailand, land of smiles...Sawadee ????

He has the pin he was the worker of 7/11

1 hour ago, Razek said:

He has the pin he was the worker of 7/11

I doubt, or the first thing he would have done is to withdraw all cash he could from ATMs... Far better for him than the small purchases he made.

2 hours ago, Razek said:

And if you give your friend or your thai wife or your thai gig your credit card to pay they will arrest them too

Why would you want to entrust your card to someone else, I agree with the statement they should check the signature with the one on the card.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I searched for any hint on this.

What is your statement based on?

Someone asked how he can use the card without pin code. Who stole the card has already stole the pin code because he was the seller in 7/11

23 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Why would you want to entrust your card to someone else, I agree with the statement they should check the signature with the one on the card.

It is so difficult to do this because if you ask everyone for the signature you will lose half day in this

57 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

I doubt, or the first thing he would have done is to withdraw all cash he could from ATMs... Far better for him than the small purchases he made.

Stupid small incorruptible

In Malaysia, I prefer to wave the credit card to pay instead of keying in the PIN so that there is a lower likelihood of leaving the card behind and it is faster anyway. In Thailand, I have totally avoided using credit cards so far.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Tap and Go on many cards now

40 minutes ago, Razek said:

Someone asked how he can use the card without pin code. Who stole the card has already stole the pin code because he was the seller in 7/11

ah no, read the original report about the theft.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

This is very easy. When I went shopping at Tesco I wanted to sign the bill, but the cashier told me "no need, not below 2500 Baht".

3 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

This is very easy. When I went shopping at Tesco I wanted to sign the bill, but the cashier told me "no need, not below 2500 Baht".

Until I read about 10000 Baht purchase I also thought it was just "minor" purchases that go under the radar (like with these "swiping" thing).

But 10000?

"He was also found in possession of ganja rolled into cigarettes. He was wearing a t-shirt with a ganja leaf and the word "Hemp" emblazoned on the front."

It didn't occur to Mr Art that wearing a shirt glorifying an illegal drug was not a very good idea while  actually carrying the drug on his person. 

4 hours ago, Razek said:

Do you even have a credit card? You must sign the back and when you make a purchase your signature must match the one on the card, or you must key in your secret number, as with an ATM card. So, in the real world, your wife or friend or gik would not be able to use your card. In Thailand they are too lazy to check the signature or, in the case here with the purchase of the gold ring, the assistant with the innocence of a four-year-old believed the cock and bull story that it was his father's card - which in the real world would have been refused and the police called while the customer's purchase was delayed 'by a technical issue'.

I hope you understand now.

2 hours ago, Razek said:

It is so difficult to do this because if you ask everyone for the signature you will lose half day in this

Sorry but I must disagree, in the UK or other places in Europe they do check so why not here..??

2 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

In Thailand?  News to me.  Is that a new Lotus policy?  I'd send a copy of the receipt to identify the cashier and report it to the main office.   

2 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

Always pay cash at Tesco, get pee'd off when shoppers in front use card, but they always sign the receipt.  Not that the cashier checks signature ???? 

11 hours ago, Razek said:

Good idea!!! You can also give your wife or girlfriend a credit card with her own name or not? ????

Archived