Food delivery services...do you use them?

worgeordie

I have not used mealsonwheels4U,for a few years now,when they were

the only ones providing the service,have only used Pizza Hut lately.

The new boys Panda,are everywhere,but the location i am in they

seem to offer a restricted number of restaurants.i also understand

that Grab food operate in Chiang Mai now, so who do you use and

what are your thoughts about service,and how much do they charge.

regards worgeordie

I use Mealsonweels. Excellent service. If something is not right (rareyl!); they're right on it. Nice people. I don't like FoodPanda. Prices are too high and I don't care for the app. It has a tracking feature that is never correct!

I got large pad thai  goong, pad see ew, and the gravy shrimp/noodle dish delivered within 15 minutes for 130 baht yesterday on grab, and it was good. Arnos has a killer deal for a 200 baht burger set as well. I love them ????

The panda is very hit and miss. More miss than hit lately unfortunately. Had virtually inedible food on many occasions.

In Pattaya they also seem to lack drivers often - sometimes takes 2 hours for food to arrive, while their super shiny doofus app hollers it's right around the corner.

We are using mealsonwheels. I guess they're ok, a bit pricey. Drivers don't always manage to find the place despite exact google location included in the information I provide. Sometimes they drive to another mooban with a similar name and call me from there LOL. Lately better though.

Didn't try panda here. Used them a few times when we lived in bkk.

Food Panda and Grab Food both have excellent promotions. If you stay on top of the promos, you can get excellent deals (sometimes 30%). Once in a while we get a Grab Food driver who can't for the life of him/her find our house and the delivery takes forever and many, many phone calls. Otherwise - good service.

Thought it was good and used it a couple times but won't be using it again. Not because the service isn't great and the price unreasonable but because of the amount plastic used both times I've used the service. Two people's worth of food was packed in 10 bags one time and 11 the next plus single use cutlery. The whole food panda craze couldn't have come at a worse time. Thailand's plastic usage is through the roof and with China banning non-recyclable plastic waste from the western world that rubbish is now flooding into places like Thailand and will only add to the current situation.

15 hours ago, elektrified said:

Food Panda and Grab Food both have excellent promotions. If you stay on top of the promos, you can get excellent deals (sometimes 30%). Once in a while we get a Grab Food driver who can't for the life of him/her find our house and the delivery takes forever and many, many phone calls. Otherwise - good service.

House addresses are a real joke here!! Nobody can find anywhere from an address given. Example, I have a four line address that has no soi number, no main road name. I live in Lang Khai by the large Military camp that everyone knows - why not in my address? Zip codes (postcodes) are simply of no use whatsoever. My zipcode covers many square kms.

I live in Lampang. I think I am talking about the City. But Thai people always talk Lampang without talking Province but their subject matter could be about somewhere 100 kms away! Forgive me if I get confused!

6 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"You never use food delivery service?

You not married? I have a first class food delivery service...... The wife."

Wife? 

As they say, "Why buy a cow when milk is so cheap?" (Particularly here in Thailand....)

For the same reason I would never buy a car from a rental company. ????

David

On 6/18/2019 at 5:33 AM, Jeffkp said:

I don't like FoodPanda. Prices are too high and I don't care for the app. It has a tracking feature that is never correct!

My experience matches that from @Jeffkp

And here's another option:  I have used FoodPanda often from a nearby Italian restaurant.  But once in a while I'd go in person.  The waiter asked if I lived nearby, he explained the restaurant will deliver directly.  No FoodPanda.  One of their waiters on his personal motorcycle.

So I've been calling direct.  Works very well.  They use LINE and FaceBook, but I just send an ordinary SMS text message with my order.  Then they text back with the total amount.  No delivery charge.

Ordering direct like that the food arrives much faster: about 1/2 the time of FoodPanda.   And -- this was a surprise to me -- the portions are noticeably larger and the food better quality: such as fresher salad, meatier BBQ ribs. 

So, I've come to the conclusion that Food Panda deliveries get the "second-rate" food and smaller portions.  I'm going to start asking other restaurants if they delivery directly.

If anyone had a pizza company pizza delivered last week in Suthep Nimmen area that may not have been up to standard.

The real reason was .

Motorbike took off at the lights at Sirimangklajarn to head up Suthep road.

Taking that corner at speed with your pizzas not tied on properly really wasnt good for the driver but absolutely hilarious for everyone else queuing up at red.

"sorry sir, we only had calzone left"

• 3 weeks later...

My wife uses them for us all the time as we live in a "no cooking" condo. She gets major discounts every time and has a tracking app that tracks the driver to make sure he/she stays on course. Never a delivery charge and she always gets a choice of restaurants when ordering. :wai:

PS. She doesn't use or recommend foodpanda

I was once caught out in a cloudburst, with a dozen others on motos. As we took shelter, under an expressway overpass, the road became quite flooded. Soon, along came a Pizza Company delivery guy. Rain still coming down in torrents, with flood water up to the foot pegs, he continued on.

This guy had more balls that any Thai Post guy I have seen. Even EMS will hold up until the weather suits them ....

On 6/18/2019 at 12:33 PM, Jeffkp said:

I use Mealsonweels. Excellent service. If something is not right (rareyl!); they're right on it. Nice people. I don't like FoodPanda. Prices are too high and I don't care for the app. It has a tracking feature that is never correct!

i also have used all three--grab food, foodpanda, and meelsonwheels4u, quite a bit recently, and mow4u is the best.

Archived