Chinese tourist in Bangkok caught defecating in street next to shocked diners

webfact

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Definitely need to update the title of this thread.

As usual people are reading the headline and posting without realising that the thread has taken a new direction ( not damning just stating a fact ).

The person in question is an autistic teenage Thai boy who has been known to act in a similar wY before, locals are aware of this and therefore not creating a scene.

"The person in question is an autistic teenage Thai boy"

"Chinese tourist in Bangkok caught defecating in street next to shocked diners"

So, bearing (baring?) in mind that some Chinese tourists are prone to act in this manner, (e.g. females urinating in taxis or on trains) are we to believe the former or the latter? 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to have a photo of the sign above the toilets at Grand Canyon National Park in USA. The sign said in English and Chinese

“Please do not fill up your water bottles using toilet water. Not suitable to drink.”

if anyone has a photo of the sign please post it for me. 

15 minutes ago, Sizzler55 said:

Maybe the Chinese tourist was visiting from San Francisco. Defecating or even shooting up in public is perfectly normal and acceptable there.

Jumped to the end of the thread.  Absolutely dead on. Especially on Market Street.  Last there in 2017. Hasn't changed a bit.

24 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

Jumped to the end of the thread.  Absolutely dead on. Especially on Market Street.  Last there in 2017. Hasn't changed a bit.

I lived there for 15 years and grew up not far away. San Franfeces is a dystopian hell at this point and a cautionary tale for what happens when crazy leftists are put in complete charge. 

2 hours ago, sambum said:

So, bearing (baring?) in mind that some Chinese tourists are prone to act in this manner, (e.g. females urinating in taxis or on trains) are we to believe the former or the latter? 

Does this woman look like a Chinese to you? You can find plenty of such videos on the internet involving races of all kinds.

I wouldn't be surprised with your reaction. Just like this case in Singapore:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/woman-seen-defecating-mrt-identified

Many Singaporeans just refused to believe that the perpetrator was a local instead of a "Chinese tourist", even though her nationality was confirmed by the police.

16 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Public toilets are generally notso  plentiful in Thailand.

I wish there were more of them as we all require there use every day.

I have learned a strategy of scoping out toilets wherever I go so as to never be in such a desperate situation. My first encounter with a squat toilet and no toilet paper was enough

Is it just a coincidence that the guy was Chinese? I will leave much unsaid about that. But any traveler should be mindful of peeing and pooping at the most rather than least opportune moments, I learned that when I was a kid traveling with my parents, duh! I reduce my fluid intake before long trips, I will go once just before boarding etc. But then, I'm an ed-yew-cay-ted person.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Is it just a coincidence that the guy was Chinese? I will leave much unsaid about that. But any traveler should be mindful of peeing and pooping at the most rather than least opportune moments, I learned that when I was a kid traveling with my parents, duh! I reduce my fluid intake before long trips, I will go once just before boarding etc. But then, I'm an ed-yew-cay-ted person.

An autistic Thai teenager.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

She said she felt sorry for him - the authorities should put some porta-loos into that area. 

No public toilets to use, restaurants without toilet facilities, where do the authorities expect people to do their business. Family friendly Thailand most definitely is not.

While the latters headline is shocking yet believable in this case it appears that the initial report had mistakenly reported that a Chinese tourist was responsible for the dirty deed.

Another report from the same source ( Thairath ) states that it was a local autistic Thai boy aged 15-16 , this report came a day after the first.

https://www.thairath.co.th/news/society/1594506#cxrecs_s

Is this something that the Chinese do in their own country? Amazing.

I have worked in China on various occasions from 1984 to 2014 and while I never saw adults or teenagers doing this many toddlers wear trousers that are split at the crotch so any urge is usually satisfied by squatting and doing your business.
The time and place is usually irrelevant.

20 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Public toilets are generally notso  plentiful in Thailand.

I wish there were more of them as we all require there use every day.

Agree totally, TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand)  more TAT (Toilets and Trash)  bins please; the place is void of both these public facilities so no wonder it's a dumping ground for (PP&P) poop, pee and plastic, Thailand get your act together and start catering effectively for your 30- 40 million annual tourists..............or this story will become the norm not the exception!

one of the posters number 232 posted that he has worked in china on various occasions from 1984 until 2014 and never saw an adult or a teenager defecate in the street........I'll let that sink in for you slower thinkers.........that is 30 years.........never saw this once......

I lived and worked in china for 12 years and visited many cities and towns......also never saw this happen....so what are your ridiculous racists and insulting comments based on......what....maybe you saw saw a documentary on Hong Kong once....how about just posting facts you racist clowns....

12 minutes ago, John P Ryke said:

one of the posters number 232 posted that he has worked in china on various occasions from 1984 until 2014 and never saw an adult or a teenager defecate in the street........I'll let that sink in for you slower thinkers.........that is 30 years.........never saw this once......

I lived and worked in china for 12 years and visited many cities and towns......also never saw this happen....so what are your ridiculous racists and insulting comments based on......what....maybe you saw saw a documentary on Hong Kong once....how about just posting facts you racist clowns....

Pictures say a thousand words (facts)...

https://www.google.com/search?q=chinese+defecating+in+public&rlz=1C1ZKTG_enCA845CA845&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUqPTbuvTiAhUYsJ4KHaLcADkQ_AUIECgB&biw=1366&bih=625