Chinese tourist in Bangkok caught defecating in street next to shocked diners

webfact

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

A quick wild guess here that this guy is probably from a far flung province in China that the streets there also serves as a public toilets and every one in his province is doing it...

or a sasha baron cohen (ali g) fan

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ezzra said:

A quick wild guess here that this guy is probably from a far flung province in China that the streets there also serves as a public toilets and every one in his province is doing it...

Google or YouTube some China things, you will see it happens anywhere, not only in the sticks.

Not uncommon in countries like China and Vietnam that people openly pooh in the streets!

I remember a visit to Vietnam many years ago I noticed there were no wild dogs roaming around, but still lots of pooh along some of the more quiet streets,

but then I noticed people sitting down squatting all along the edge of the streets!

Went once to the Vung Tao Beach outside HCM city and had to go to the toilet, was showed a room but it was totally bare just a concrete floor!?

I then noticed a girl standing outside with a bucket of water and a small spade/broom, so I decided to go elsewhere, and to my relief I finally found a real toilet in a fancy restaurant! ????

Plahgat

9 minutes ago, plahgat said:

Not uncommon in countries like China and Vietnam that people openly pooh in the streets!

I remember a visit to Vietnam many years ago I noticed there were no wild dogs roaming around, but still lots of pooh along some of the more quiet streets,

but then I noticed people sitting down squatting all along the edge of the streets!

Went once to the Vung Tao Beach outside HCM city and had to go to the toilet, was showed a room but it was totally bare just a concrete floor!?

I then noticed a girl standing outside with a bucket of water and a small spade/broom, so I decided to go elsewhere, and to my relief I finally found a real toilet in a fancy restaurant! ????

Plahgat

in vietnam theres a good reason no wild dogs roaming the street and the last word in your paragraph explains it

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

When I lived in India, you would regularly see a local curling one out on the side of the road, but even they were discrete enough not to do it in a crowded street. It shows a shocking level of "shitty" manners to do this in front of people eating. Clearly he has no shame whatsoever, but he is Chinese, so a quality tourist apparently.

When I lived in India 2001-3 the statistic was that 25% of the one and a half billion people didn't have regular access to a toilet!

No one liked walking on the pavements!

5 minutes ago, GreenerGrass said:

Why is not being hunted down? You can bet your bottom dollar if it was a western tourist he would be in the nick by now with the threat of blacklisted and deportation!!!

Yeah, get hold of the deposit he made to find his DNA, then DNA test all departing Chinese tourists.

Piece of,  err, cake.

The police managed to do it with the black panther fat bastard using DNA from the same source.

This maybe is a sign that even many rural peasants of China have become rich enough to go on overseas holidays.

I have been to China many times, but I have yet to personally encounter a single case of public defecation in their cities. But I have seen people taking a dump in the open at a small Malay village in a rural part of Malaysia, decades ago, where most homes there back then have no toilets.

Like I have said before - I find it rather strange that the BTS and most MRT stations in Bangkok have no toilets. There is always the likelihood that anyone of us might need to purge within the next minute. Personally I have forced a bus in Malaysia to stop so that I may take a dump by the road side. At first the bus driver refused to stop but then he had no choice because the alternative is that I do the business on the bus itself.

For those who don't know, this is a big part of Chinese reality.
TAT, you dream of the 50 and more million Chinese tourists, well I recommend you get ready to shovel the poop they leave you!

The fault is most likely the Governments. If you had to defecate and could no longer hold on and there were no public urinals around would you do it in your pants or look for the next best thing available. Shame on the Government for soliciting tourists to come in mass hoards but not providing them with the basic necessities  of life which undoubtedly means toilets and garbage bins to throw their garbage after purchasing the street food so readily available on every street.

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Public toilets are generally notso  plentiful in Thailand.

I wish there were more of them as we all require there use every day.

There are certainly far more available in larger towns in China but entering them can be a challenge to the senses!

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Right, but millions of locals and tourists manage to find toilets every day. There really isn't any excuse. 

i have asked to use the facilities in some restaurants here and they get very angry unless you are a customer.  seen signs, "customers only"  the solution is that Thailand needs to pony up and provide sanitations facilities for it's visitors.  follow the Paris model and very hi-tech solution.  but Thailand would rather intimidate people into paying for the privilege of using the bathroom in a private establishment.  

Archived