BANGKOK 18 July 2019 03:34
bubbaba

Red Ants - Mot Dang, need information

I am posting this topic here instead of a farming section since ants are a problem for homeowners as well as farmers.  Red Ants in my yard are so bad I can hardly walk through my yard without being stung by one. I have three small mango trees, however, I had ants long before the trees.  They are in or around my gazebo, garden, fruit trees, lawn, house, everywhere.  What can be done about the ants? I have tried several home tricks that only seem to feed them. My Thai wife has tried some type of power that only works a little and disappears when it rains.  I thought about having a pest company spray the entire yard and kill them all. However, I am worried about what else it might kill. Fish in my pond. Vegetables in my garden, etc. I need advise. Please give me your comments and ideas. Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Borax and sugar mixed together into a paste, they will eat it and are supposed to die off, seems to work for a while.......

Edited by CGW

10 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I have a pest control company that comes every 3 months and no more red ants. The little green boxes from BigC never worked.

What affect does the products you use have on vegetables and fruit trees? I have quite a few. Are you located in or near Korat, Nong Bua Sala area?

Home Pro had a product a few years ago, don't know if it still has

A white powder in 1 kg bags

It killed everything that stepped in it

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Oh thats great, I'll get some for the wife.  Now, back to the ant problem...........................!

Chaindrite in an orange bag, THB140 I think. It works. Forget about Borax.ants.thumb.JPG.aa87c81f05e6bd59aab0718b3c18d945.JPG

• Like 1

I use Chaindrite products. All seem to work fine wether spray, liquid etc.

Available in most stores. 

Nothing much to add apart from stay away from spraying. Use the gels if possible and let the ants take the bait home to kill the nest.

You can always put them in the soup.

Seriously though my wife makes lines of chalk on the ground in places where she doesn’t want them to cross over, no chemicals involved only thing is they wash away quick this time of year.

51 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I use Chaindrite products. All seem to work fine wether spray, liquid etc.

Available in most stores. 

I agree. Works like magic. Whenever I see any ants, indoors or outside, I just put a few drops right on top of them. The rest show up and take it back to the nest and instant ant genocide. The next day, no ants.

• Like 1