Michel Platini arrested

mrbojangles

27 minutes ago, kkerry said:

Hardly anyone believes Qatar were awarded the 2022 World Cup fair and square, simply never made any sense.

Absolutely. These people must live in a bubble not of this world and believe they can fool us all.

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm not saying a word.

Innocent until proven guilty as always!

In fairness Ronnie, both he and Blatter where found guilty of conflicts of interests and regulation beaches, which is why they both got lengthy bans from any football related activities

for me the surprise why this (arrest) took so long and where is Blatter, they should be together, the guys from Qatar bought they way in, Platini/Blatter accepted the bribe...humm should the Qataris be (also) punished, I guess so, complicity should be punishable, will they be?

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Fair point mrboj....question is where this leaves the 2022 World Cup.

from the start I always supported the idea of cancelling Euro 2018 in Russia and 2022 World cup in Qatar.... Russia was awarded the Euro due to all the cheating/racketing/extortion, etc.,,, Qatar should be removed as a host and they should have looked into alternatives. Qatar hosting the World cup in Summer time with temperatures reaching 45-50 degrees Celsius, Qatar is not a football enthusiastic as much as other countries they were competing with.... quote from https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/03/14 .......Eight years after it won the bid to host the World Cup, Qatar’s human rights record is still of concern.

He may have been a magic gloden boy in his era...but now, he is nothing more then a common criminal with his cronies Sepp Blatter and Co....

.......Football has become a disgusting mafia modeled business (like many other sports).....but apparently as long as the stars score goals, the masses who feed the stadium frenzy, just do not care....

16 minutes ago, madmen said:

bit late for that

Then a global boycott should work. If only 4 countries shows up there will not be much of a world cup. 

Only a matter of time before it caught up with Monsieur Platini .. 

Too late to call off 2022 in Qatar however bent and skewed the bidding process and subsequent awarding of the tournament was .. It takes years for a country to prep' once they've been awarded ..

Footie Nuts Brazil kicked off the 2014 tournament with the cement still wet and paint still drying on some of their stadiums .. and they had near 7 yrs notice after the award .. 

Reality is it has to be accepted that it will be held in Qatar like it or not .. 

44 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Too late to call off 2022 in Qatar however bent and skewed the bidding process and subsequent awarding of the tournament was .. It takes years for a country to prep' once they've been awarded ..

I reckon England, Scotland and Wales could jointly host it with only a few months notice. Good size grounds and all the infrastructure in place already

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I reckon England, Scotland and Wales could jointly host it with only a few months notice. Good size grounds and all the infrastructure in place already

Sound point and that appears to be the basis of a proposal for a possible bid for 2030's tournament but can you imagine the bitchin' between the various FA's about who gets what .. Another issue that could seriously impare the Welsh F A using the Millennium stadium is the ongoing transport link problem along the M4 back to Eng .. The tunnels at Newport Jct 25a/26 are a notorious choke point that all traffic must pass through on the way to the Millennium Stadium ( unless you want a joyless tour through Newport itself which gets snarled up at the very mention of slow traffic along the M4 ) .. And the Welsh government have recently announced the cancellation of a proposed by-pass of Newport so that now makes it an intractable problem .. There would be big embarrassment all round if fan's are prevented or late getting there because of transport issues .. 

And would that not mean rearranging the Prem league seasons again as I seem to recall they are to be shuffled to accommodate playing in Qatar mid winter'ish as a way of mitigating the heat .. 

9 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Sound point and that appears to be the basis of a proposal for a possible bid for 2030's tournament but can you imagine the bitchin' between the various FA's about who gets what .. Another issue that could seriously impare the Welsh F A using the Millennium stadium is the ongoing transport link problem along the M4 back to Eng .. The tunnels at Newport Jct 25a/26 are a notorious choke point that all traffic must pass through on the way to the Millennium Stadium ( unless you want a joyless tour through Newport itself which gets snarled up at the very mention of slow traffic along the M4 ) .. And the Welsh government have recently announced the cancellation of a proposed by-pass of Newport so that now makes it an intractable problem .. There would be big embarrassment all round if fan's are prevented or late getting there because of transport issues .. 

And would that not mean rearranging the Prem league seasons again as I seem to recall they are to be shuffled to accommodate playing in Qatar mid winter'ish as a way of mitigating the heat .. 

Agreed that there'd be some issues but all workable IMO

I think the allocation of how it is sliced and diced between Scot, Eng and Wales wouldn't be too much of an issue. They'll argue/negotiate/propose behind closed doors and then come out with an agreed allocation.

With regards to the transport links between Eng and Wales. That is assuming everyone would want to travel back to England straight after the match. Which was the case when English teams played their finals there but this is a World Cup and supporters of the teams playing at the Millennium won't be in the same big rush to get to England, depending on where and when their own national teams fixture is being played next. Who knows, foreign fans may even want to explore a bit of Wales whilst they are there. ????

I shouldn't think the fixtures would be an issue either. I doubt the Prem and all of Europe for that matter would reject keeping their season's as they currently are, instead of having to re-shuffle for a winter world cup.

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

And if Brexit has happened then they could charge EU citizens £1000 each for VISAs to come and watch their teams play,  sort of a bonus if you like to the Brexiteers.  Of course it may seem a lot but if it did happen the pound would be next to worthless so the £1000 to those lucky  Europeans still in the EU would be peanuts.

Yep the 2020 world cup being held in the UK could be really something special.

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

And if Brexit has happened then they could charge EU citizens £1000 each for VISAs to come and watch their teams play,  sort of a bonus if you like to the Brexiteers.  Of course it may seem a lot but if it did happen the pound would be next to worthless so the £1000 to those lucky  Europeans still in the EU would be peanuts.

Yep the 2020 world cup being held in the UK could be really something special.

Two years early for a start.

We should remember that Euro 96 was used to gouge fans to the max. There were no concessions for children or OAPs so thousands of empty seats in partially rebuilt stadiums was the embarrasing outcome. Not that the FA were embarrased; they are shameless.

Just now, champers said:

Two years early for a start.

We should remember that Euro 96 was used to gouge fans to the max. There were no concessions for children or OAPs so thousands of empty seats in partially rebuilt stadiums was the embarrasing outcome. Not that the FA were embarrased; they are shameless.

my dyslexic keyboard, of course 2022

On 6/18/2019 at 4:00 PM, kkerry said:

Hardly anyone believes Qatar were awarded the 2022 World Cup fair and square, simply never made any sense.

it will be hard for Chang, Heineken and the likes FIFA sponsor, Qatar is a muslim country, no alcohol allowed, marketing will be hard

Archived