Nonthaburi Immigration - Non O - warning!

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your to have a enough time to have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

Unless you are from a country that can only apply for a visa in their home country you could get a single entry non-o visa from a nearby embassy or consulate.

They apparently gave you the correct information a proving the 40k baht income by doing transfers into the country. But was there a problem with showing the source of it when you went to immigration?

• Like 1

Thank you for you reply ubonjoe...the 60 day extension is mentioned in the post above. And, no they didn’t give the correct information because as also explained above, more or less, they won’t accept 40k a month...only 400K. (the 40k or more has to be a “proven income” from your home country, or a pension of over 40k, “proven”. Nothing else will be accepted...

PS. What good is leaving the country for a NON O if you have to eventually repeat the process of providing income, photographs of your house, inside and out, personal life, bank statements etc, eventually, all of which would cost more money that I would not have needed to spend if immigration didn’t provide the wrong advice, not to mention a flight to a “nearby embassy”. I have 3 children in 3 schools in Thailand, each child costing me 40k or more per term, I really cant afford to be traveling every 3 months due to the incompetence of a few individuals at immigration. The one year marriage visa I have been using for the past 6 years is convenient as we only need to report not leave the country. 

btw, I have spent 4 million baht for our home, plus car, kids education for 12 years, this is not a consideration for immigration NONTHABURI, and that provides us with an indication of the true nature of immigration in Thailand, whereas in other more “ENLIGHTENED” countries these financial details would be a consideration.

Anyway, this is something we all should be aware of if we want to continue staying here, as it is getting much more difficult for farang in Thailand. But thank you anyway and I appreciate your advice.

PSS...they knew who the “source” was, the initial immigration officer that gave me this spurious advice was sitting around the corner from us, at a desk less than 30 or so feet away. When my wife questioned him as we were leaving as to why he gave us the wrong advise, and, does he realise what he has done to our family, he replied, “I’m Sorry they should not be so strict”. 

2 minutes ago, Centra said:

I don't believe in God so I can't help you. Now if you believed in a caring person donating money I could help elevate your stress.

I have nothing to add here...this has nothing to do with money...please read the post carefully to fully understand the gravity of the situation

• Like 1

OP thank you for your information, I might start putting the 40k/m in the bank, as a possible back-up, the more stories like yours that I read, reminded me that nothing can be relied on now (not my previous view a few years ago). If I put 40k/m in the bank they would probably want 45k, if I actually applied, knowing  my luck. Anyway we shall avoid dealing with those people as long as practically possible. Thank you for your post...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Johny67 said:

What good is leaving the country for a NON O if you have to eventually repeat the process of providing income, photographs of your house, inside and out, personal life, bank statements etc, eventually, all of which would cost more money that I would not have needed to spend if immigration didn’t provide the wrong advice, not to mention a flight to a “nearby embassy”

I wrote single entry non-o not a multiple entry non-o visa. You could apply for the extension based upon marriage near the end of the 90 day entry from it.

You can travel overland to get the single entry non-o visa at the embassy in Vientiane or the consulate Savannakhet in Laos without showing financial proof. You would only need your marriage certificate, and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

14 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

OP thank you for your information, I might start putting the 40k/m in the bank, as a possible back-up, the more stories like yours that I read, reminded me that nothing can be relied on now (not my previous view a few years ago). If I put 40k/m in the bank they would probably want 45k, if I actually applied, knowing  my luck. Anyway we shall avoid dealing with those people as long as practically possible. Thank you for your post...

Brother, thank you for your kind response...however, please be aware that placing 40k in a “Thai bank account” may not suffice, our 45k as you mentioned, I did that...but they want it to be a proven income from your home country. I live in Thailand and am retired, so I just send money I have saved from Australia plus pension. But if you are placing more than 40K from your home country and it is work related I don’t think you will have a problem.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

This is exactly the reason my wife and I have learned to NEVER ASK THEM ANYTHING as we have been given the wrong advice many times in the past only to show up again and be told that "we did not say that".  It seems to be some sort of game that they are fond of.

Thank you...the thing is this time they were aware of their mistake and admitted it. We confronted the guy that gave the wrong information. Also remember the only source of info we have is immigration, their websites are precarious at best, so if they can’t get it together we have no choice but to continue to depend upon an unprofessional immigration system in Thailand.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, glegolo said:

btw, I have spent 4 million baht for our home, plus car, kids education for 12 years,

Pardon me, but you don't appear to be too short of funds. You spend B120,000 a term on educating your 3 kids and with a 4 million baht house, my question is "Why didn't you set aside B400,000 in the bank and "forget about it" until extension time?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Pardon me, but you don't appear to be too short of funds. You spend B120,000 a term on educating your 3 kids and with a 4 million baht house, my question is "Why didn't you set aside B400,000 in the bank and "forget about it" until extension time?

How did you manage that??? I did not write what you are qouting my friend. If I had 4 miljon baht I would have been so drunk now that I wouldn´t be able to put a sentence in english together, I think....hahahaha

glegolo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@johny67, I'm guessing that now you are clear on the rules, so just hop on over to Laos and get that Non-Imm O, and you've got 90 Days from then to put 400K into your bank account. No other financials required.  If need be, put a child into a public school for one semester to free up some funds--it will not kill them and they will certainly not fall behind based on the level of education being taught here. You did say you've been here 25 years unless I missed something-stop blaming the system, make some positive moves. As we say in my home country, get er done...

P.S. I know hindsight is 20/20 but maybe 3.5 Mil on the house and 500K in the bank would have been a better idea--for the listeners out there...or better yet 3, Mil on the house and 1 Mil in the bank.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, glegolo said:

How did you manage that??? I did not write what you are qouting my friend. If I had 4 miljon baht I would have been so drunk now that I wouldn´t be able to put a sentence in english together, I think....hahahaha

glegolo

You have a perfect inside into my life, you know exactly when I bought my house, how long I have been living here etc etc...Is my original post not clear to the majority of the detractors here? No one said anything about me not having 400k...the point is here that the wrong information has caused my family and I to spend more than necessary to fix a problem immigration created. Can the detractors here actually read more than one paragraph without being confused as to the context...what’s disturbing is that only 10 percent of the people posting here get that I have the money to place in the bank, but was informed it wasn’t necessary and now I have only a few days to repeat what has taken weeks to do...transfer a great deal of money, take more pics etc...please, from now on if you have no understanding better to remain silent and be thought of a fool...and so on...

Edited by Johny67
  • Haha 1

So you are also implying that if one was working in Thailand and earning more than 40K baht a month, they could also not qualify for the 0 visa based on marriage? This is the first I've heard of that, if that's the case. 

What visa/extension have you need on the last decade or so?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

So you are also implying that if one was working in Thailand and earning more than 40K baht a month, they could also not qualify for the 0 visa based on marriage? This is the first I've heard of that, if that's the case. 

What visa/extension have you need on the last decade or so?

No I did not say that...I said if you have a proven income you will have no problem. I have money, it’s just not income but savings. I can place the 400k tomorrow, but was informed that I would only need to show 40k a month, but today was told it must be a proven income...letter from a boss, government pension etc.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Johny67, I feel for you and your situation,  I have been dealing with Nonthaburi Immigration for 8 years and they can be difficult to the extreme.  You still cannot do 90 day reports online and trying to register for an online TM30 account (Section 38 app) has proved to be impossible.

I can confirm that Nonthaburi have changed their requirements drastically over the past 12 months.  I am on the 800k retirement extension however we had to put up with a home visit, lots of photos and prying into our personal lives.  The two Immigration Officers who came also spoke to neighbours.

Probably not a lot of help to you now however speaking to the (large) guy who checks paperwork and allocates queue numbers has proven to be helpful.  Having a Thai asking Q's also helps.

All the best to you.

14 minutes ago, mosan said:

@johny67, I'm guessing that now you are clear on the rules, so just hop on over to Laos and get that Non-Imm O, and you've got 90 Days from then to put 400K into your bank account. No other financials required.  If need be, put a child into a public school for one semester to free up some funds--it will not kill them and they will certainly not fall behind based on the level of education being taught here. You did say you've been here 25 years unless I missed something-stop blaming the system, make some positive moves. As we say in my home country, get er done...

P.S. I know hindsight is 20/20 but maybe 3.5 Mil on the house and 500K in the bank would have been a better idea--for the listeners out there...or better yet 3, Mil on the house and 1 Mil in the bank.

u have a perfect inside into my life, you know exactly when I bought my house, how long I have been living here etc etc...Is my original post not clear to the majority of the detractors here? No one said anything about me not having 400k...the point is here that the wrong information has caused my family and I to spend more than necessary to fix a problem immigration created. Can the detractors here actually read more than one paragraph without being confused as to the context...what’s disturbing is that only 10 percent of the people posting here get that I have the money to place in the bank, but was informed it wasn’t necessary and now I have only a few days to repeat what has taken weeks to do...transfer a great deal of money, take more pics etc...please, from now on if you have no understanding better to remain silent and be thought of a fool...and so on...

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Johny67 said:

Brother, thank you for your kind response...however, please be aware that placing 40k in a “Thai bank account” may not suffice, our 45k as you mentioned, I did that...but they want it to be a proven income from your home country. I live in Thailand and am retired, so I just send money I have saved from Australia plus pension. But if you are placing more than 40K from your home country and it is work related I don’t think you will have a problem.

What did you understand them to mean about the "proven income" notion?

As best as you understand it, what did they want to see as to the source of the funds for the 40K monthly foreign transfers, and how did your transfers fail to meet what they wanted?