Bangkok Bank FCD transfer online problem

Normally I transfer pounds from my Bangkok Bank Foreign Currency account to my savings account using their online service.

Since their update last week, the screen displays a Transaction Error message.  One possibility suggests that the problem is due to a new account.

Managed to contact their helpline yesterday (only 10 minute wait), who said they would report my problem to their computer department. 30 hours later the problem has still not been resolved and the pound continues to depreciate!

Anybody else experiencing the same online problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Since you have managed to get access via the Bangkok Bank's Bualaong system can you, please, explain how to satisfy Block 2 of their internet application here:

https://ibanking.bangkokbank.com/Register/SignUp.aspx

Block 1 Card Number is OK but cannot type anything into Block 2. Is the 'Code' that comes up when the window is clicked that which has to be typed into the box? Beats me!

Question 2 from me. With an FCD designated in GBP (Pounds Sterling) can cash be withdrawn in Pounds (subject to notifying the branch in order to have Sterling on hand) or do they insist on converting it into Thai Baht?

It is at least 6 years ago, since I joined, and the above was the first problem I have ever had. Best advice is to go to your local branch and let the staff help you set up the online banking account. Change password when back home.  Your FCD can then be added .

I have never tried to withdraw pounds.  If I remember correctly, in the fine print, there is a 0.25% charge to repatriate pounds to the UK.

The major plus point of this account is the ability to instantaneously convert the pounds in the account to baht, if you think the pound will fall tomorrow. A normal transfer would take 2 or 3 days.

Recently the transfer time using this account has markedly improved. My last transfer on a Friday, before 12am UK time, was in my account on the Saturday.

Thanks. I solved my Question 1. The window requires the 4 digit number below the Card Number and has to be input by clicking on the numeral box. It didn't help. When it rolled to the next page a flashing message informed that it could not be progressed at this time. Try later!

I went to the bank this morning but the knowledgeable staff member that I usually interact with was not on shift and the PYT could not answer due to distraction from her mobile device.

Archived