Visa exempt entry to Thailand immediately following expiry of O-A visa extension

I am wondering if I will encounter any problems if I exit Thailand a day or two before my retirement extension expires in August 2019 and then fly back to Thailand after my extension has expired hoping to enter on a visa exempt (30days) stamp.

I have been using the O-A visa and retirement extensions for the last 5 years. My aim is to extend my stay beyond expiry of my retirement extension on 17 August for 30 days before I fly back to the UK.

Hope I have sufficiently explained what I am after, just wondering if Thai Immigration will quiz me or somehow refuse me entry. I have never had an overstay or as far as I am aware any reason to be refused entry.

Thanks in advance for useful responses.

Did you consider border crossing. You won't have trouble with border. When you say "fly back" I assume from Asian country?. If so just fly to somewhere like udon and bounce at border. 30 day visa exempt and extend if required. Another 30. 

Edited by DrJack54

Thank you both Ubonjoe and DrJack54. I live in Hua hin, so was thinking of just jumping on an AirAsia flight to Kuala Lumpur and staying there for a couple of nights and then returning to get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Thanks again

3 minutes ago, bilbo52 said:

Thank you both Ubonjoe and DrJack54. I live in Hua hin, so was thinking of just jumping on an AirAsia flight to Kuala Lumpur and staying there for a couple of nights and then returning to get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

No problem to do it that way.

13 hours ago, bilbo52 said:

Thanks again

How about a few days in Bali?