New Cabinet to be ready by month-end: PM Prayut

webfact

New Cabinet to be ready by month-end: PM

By The Nation

54fd6471ba0d3981abe6bd99021f850b.jpeg

General Prayut Chan-o-cha

PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday that he would finish putting together his Cabinet by the end of this month but was yet to make a decision on whether he would take the post of defence minister.

A legal team is examining the names proposed by parties in the pro-junta coalition on whether they are qualified to serve in the Cabinet, he said. 

Prayut’s statement yesterday on the new Cabinet came amid a brewing conflict within the coalition leader Phalang Pracharat Party whose MPs from the Northeast and southern constituencies are demanding their pound of flesh.

General Prayut is about to cut off his ties with the military when the ruling junta – the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) – makes way for the new cabinet. He is considering taking on the leadership of the Phalang Pracharat.

A legal team is looking into possible risks for Prayut should the party face legal trouble that could lead to dissolution. “Take it easy, I have my legal team looking into this matter,” Prayut said in response to queries. 

Prayut dismissed criticisms of his claims while taking power after the 2014 coup that he was not keen on parliamentary politics while some have expressed apprehensions of his ability to deal with politicians. “Well, I have been in this position for five years and managed to fix many problems to move the country forward,” Prayut told reporters.

“What I have done over the past years are good and bad. I’m not born to be the premier but I have learned a lot.” The general claimed his government had done better than civilian governments. The junta chief said Thailand is now a democratic country, and hence he has to listen to all views and opinions, especially the new generation. 

“I don’t blame anybody. This is a democratic world, the students can express their opinions about politics but they should focus on doing their duty rather than waste time talking too much about politics,” he said, referring to students’ political expression through pedestal trays when they paid respects to their teachers during Teacher’s Day last week. 

Besides taking over the leadership of the Phalang Pracharat, observers believe Prayut would need to keep the Defence portfolio to secure the military’s support, as his mentor and comrade-in-arms Prawit Wongsuwan might not be able to take the position in the new cabinet due to his poor health. 

“It would be wrong if I take two positions [PM and Defence]. I’m not worried about that since our military has strong discipline”, he said, declining to answer questions on whether Prawit would stay in the new cabinet. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30371333

thenation_logo.jpg

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

The general claimed his government had done better than civilian governments. The junta chief said Thailand is now a democratic country, and hence he has to listen to all views and opinions, especially the new generation. 

Unless we can find a way to bar them from politics (Thanathorh Juangroongruangkit), as they are a threat to my fiddled leadership !

His spiel does get worse by the day, and it is difficult to see how he has anything to offer Thailand, if the people want the country to go forward. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This is a democratic world, the students can express their opinions about politics but they should focus on doing their duty rather than waste time talking too much about politics,

What duty? They are students not soldiers. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“Well, I have been in this position for five years and managed to fix many problems to move the country forward,” Prayut told reporters.

I need time to try and remember one... I'll be back later.

“What I have done over the past years are good and bad. I’m not born to be the premier but I have learned a lot.” The general claimed his government had done better than civilian governments. The junta chief said Thailand is now a democratic country, and hence he has to listen to all views and opinions, especially the new generation. 

How do you talk about democracy? True democracy has never existed, in Thailand the fear of the military has always reigned even when the governments were "CIVIL AND DEMOCRATIC"! You are a soldier, do you think people can forget it?

New Cabinet to be ready by month-end: PM

With some of the bluntest knives in the drawers that couldn't cut butter even when hot.

Led by someone who famously lamented he didn't want to be a PM.

Besides taking over the leadership of the Phalang Pracharat, observers believe Prayut would need to keep the Defence portfolio to secure the military’s support, as his mentor and comrade-in-arms Prawit Wongsuwan might not be able to take the position in the new cabinet due to his poor health. 

Well, first of all ensure that the military is always well and always have the most modern and sophisticated weapons! This is what democracy is!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is now a democratic country, and hence he has to listen to all views and opinions, especially the new generation. 

Talk is cheap. You failed at the first instance when you didn't attend the first parliament debate on the 5th June to hear views and opinions from MPs. You also didn't caution your deputy  for his outburst on the students freedom of expressions. Enough of your false promises and vows. 

1 hour ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:
2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That's rubbish! If he gets on down to Ikea, they have them in stock ready to take away.

And it would run the country better than the troop of halfwit incompetents he's planning to assemble!

Going on his performance over the last few years, I reckon the first cabinet was self-assembly too, but he held the instructions upside down.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That's rubbish! If he gets on down to Ikea, they have them in stock ready to take away.

No you forgot it  will be flat pack and they dont have anyone with the brains to assemble it.

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

What duty? They are students not soldiers. 

What a shame that none of the reporters present thought to ask him what he considered the students duty to be.

33 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Just waiting for Lazada to deliver new wallets. 

Large bill size to accommodate the next major construction projects and palm greasing. 

Three sizes available:

Standard, large, and bloody enormous - specifically designed for Thai government use.

Thailand needs some youthful leaders. Of course the old guard will do, and are doing everything in their power to keep them out. But, sooner or later they will emerge, and replace the out of touch dinosaurs, and crocodiles. Perhaps then, Thailand can move forward. For now, it is standing still, or moving backwards. 

I am eagerly looking forward to the opposition coalition parties forming his own Shadow Cabinet just to embarrass Prayut's motley crew of ministers that will come about as a result of bargaining and rewards rather than competency and vision.  

Archived