PM encourage people to claim tax deduction on book purchases; promotes ASEAN Chairmanship song

webfact

PM encourage people to claim tax deduction on book purchases; promotes ASEAN Chairmanship song

363a9ff8c28215f0140b53aca0fe9211_small-1.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Prime Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has encouraged people to purchase and read more books, as buyers can claim a tax deduction on book purchases. The Prime Minister has also promoted songs to mark Thailand’s 2019 ASEAN chairmanship.

Before chairing the weekly cabinet meeting on Tuesday (June 18), the Culture Minister, Vira Rojpojchanarat, and his entourage met with Gen. Prayut. The group presented an exhibition on tax deduction for book purchases under the shopping tax break campaign.

The measure is aimed at encouraging Thai people to gain more knowledge by reading and improving the quality of human capital in the country, which is in line with the government’s national strategy. For the tax deduction on the purchase of books and e-Books, buyers need have receipts or tax invoices provided by bookstores. The tax deduction for the purchase of books and e-Books between January 1 and December 31, 2019, cannot exceed 15,000 baht.

The Prime Minister visited a booth to promote songs, which will be played during the 34th and 35th ASEAN summits. The songs, composed by the Ministry of Culture, are titled "Advancing Together as One" and "ASEAN Will Go Far". The lyrics of both songs are about the unity of the 10 ASEAN member states.

The Prime Minister said he would like Thai people to follow the 34th ASEAN Summit and be a good host to the delegates of this event. On this occasion, he asked the choir to sing him a song titled "I Will Dream of You".

The Prime Minister also visited booths displaying products by the Support Arts and Crafts International Center of Thailand (SACICT). An event will be held to promote Thai arts and crafts from June 27 to 30, 2019, at the SACICT in Bang Sai district, Ayutthaya province.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-19

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister visited a booth to promote songs, which will be played during the 34th and 35th ASEAN summits. The songs, composed by the Ministry of Culture, are titled "Advancing Together as One" and "ASEAN Will Go Far". The lyrics of both songs are about the unity of the 10 ASEAN member states.

I'm just waiting for someone to release an adapted version including the line, ASEAN Will Go Far, preferably over a cliff"

They're just as effective as a chocolate teapot.

Any agreements they come up with are not enforced by anyone within the group, owing to their policy of non-interference in member states affairs.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

If they spend most of the time singing and dancing, maybe the region might be left alone for a change.  " Ministry of Culture" or a silly, worn out propaganda machine?

I think I understand what all this sudden recent nonsense about Prayut's recommending books is all about: it's all about IMAGE. Trying to make himself look like a well-read intellectual (steeped in world literary culture - British - Orwell - Greek - Aesop, etc.) and trying to show the international community (not least ASEAN) that he is leading his people into the sunlit uplands of erudition and scholarly wisdom.

It's all guff, of course. All for show.

No substance behind it. He does not know what the hell any of the books he mentions are really teaching or saying (I mean - Prayut recommending Orwell?!!!! For God's sake!).

Yes, it's all pretence, all for show. And  right there I have touched my finger on the beating heart of official Thai 'culture': glossy exterior concealing a vacuous, utterly empty interior.

ALL SHAM!

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:

No substance behind it. He does not know what the hell any of the books he mentions are really teaching or saying (I mean - Prayut recommending Orwell?!!!! For God's sake!).

Yes, indeed! It's an oxymoron in itself.

The tax credit is not worth a bowl of noodles. This is just one more dumb, meaningless, patronizing effort by the junta in an attempt to make it look like they are returning "happiness to the people".

Archived