Merkel says recovered from shaking bout after drinking water

webfact

Merkel says recovered from shaking bout after drinking water

2019-06-18T122255Z_1_LYNXNPEF5H11K_RTROPTP_4_GERMANY-UKRAINE.JPG

German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Ukrainian President Zelenskiy attend a news conference in Berlin, Germany, June 18, 2019. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke

BERLIN (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who was seen shaking when she met visiting Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy earlier on Tuesday, said she had since drunk water and was feeling better.

Merkel looked as if she were struggling to stand up while she and Zelenskiy listened to national anthems during military honours upon his arrival.

"Since then I have drunk at least three glasses of water - I obviously needed that and so I'm doing very well now," Merkel said during a joint news conference with Zelenskiy in Berlin.

(Reporting by Michelle Martin and Joseph Nasr; Editing by Madeline Chambers)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-06-19

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes Dr.

She's 64 years old and looks 74. She should follow the example of her mentor, Helmut Kohl, and spend two to three weeks every year on a fat farm.

7 hours ago, faraday said:

Gin, or whatever the Germans drink. Do they have beer in Germany?

I would think she's had this before, as if this was the first event, her medical team would have intervened.

Arguably the best beer in the world no artificial additives or chemicals.

I'm pleased she's found a miracle cure for early onset Parkinson's

8 hours ago, faraday said:

Gin, or whatever the Germans drink. Do they have beer in Germany?

I would think she's had this before, as if this was the first event, her medical team would have intervened.

Only 3oo or 400 sorts of beer available.

As long as it’s not an assassination attempt on the leader of the free world, its all good. Hopefully she’ll she alright. Leading the world does tend to put a strain on people. Stay strong Angela, we need you.

6 hours ago, zydeco said:

She's 64 years old and looks 74. She should follow the example of her mentor, Helmut Kohl, and spend two to three weeks every year on a fat farm.

Haha, result of the "fat farm" was wiped out at the celebration of having lost 1 kg at the end0. All the delicious Austrian food and wine put the 1 kg back on quickly. Merkel preaches austerity and gets fatter by the week. Time for her to go. Europe will be better of without this lady.

Archived