Trump launches re-election campaign, presents himself as outsider and victim

webfact

51 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Such a nonsensical article. The author begins by claiming that the Democratic Party is the Party of the Rich. Really, so it was the dems who supported the the latest tax giveaway? It's the Dems who support appointing federal judges who consistently favor corporate interests over those of workers? It's the Dems who want to destroy guaranteed insurance coverage for pre-existing conditions? Or medical care for the 10 million or so Americans who are too poor to afford it but are now getting medical care because of it? As for nonsense that because the states that are wealthier tend to vote Democratic that makes it the party of the rich.. Upper middle class people, who constitute that vote, are not the wealthy who are subverting the political system. It's the superwealthy who wield outsize control. And thanks to the right wing justices on the Supreme court and their Citizens United decision, their power has been hugely magnified. This is why the Chamber of Commerce overwhelmingly supports Republicans?  When the Republican party starts supporting big increases in the minimum wage get back to me.

Here's a sentance in the article you may have missed: "Yes, the establishment Republicans are no better, but this is a discussion about the Democratic Party."

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Are you saying that all persons who are anti Trump are bigots?

If so I believe it shows a very poor aptitude for reasoned debate, and reflects poorly on you

Political ideas are formed through reasoned debate, and lowering oneself to name calling about those who hold opposing views is not reasoned logical debate.

Or freedom of speech

I apologize for not being clear in my post, I was a little vague while trying to not directly target the original poster, whose post I found offensive and a textbook example bigotry. 

I have no problem with legitimate opposing views with credible references, I think that is how we learn and solve problems. 

I do not think calling those with opposing viewpoints rednecks and stupid is the path to reasonable debate. 

9 minutes ago, CaptRon2 said:

I apologize for not being clear in my post, I was a little vague while trying to not directly target the original poster, whose post I found offensive and a textbook example bigotry. 

I have no problem with legitimate opposing views with credible references, I think that is how we learn and solve problems. 

I do not think calling those with opposing viewpoints rednecks and stupid is the path to reasonable debate. 

Thank you for reply

Just now, lannarebirth said:

Here's a sentance in the article you may have missed: "Yes, the establishment Republicans are no better, but this is a discussion about the Democratic Party."

Is that all you've got? That she closed with a sentence that contradicts her opening? Nothing more sustantial than that?

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Is that all you've got? That she closed with a sentence that contradicts her opening? Nothing more sustantial than that?

The writer of the article can be reached at this address: <deleted> . She invites people to contact her if they have any comment or criticism of her article. Feel free to do so.

10 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

The writer of the article can be reached at this address: <deleted> . She invites people to contact her if they have any comment or criticism of her article. Feel free to do so.

So you just cited this quote because you thought it was decorative? You don't actually agree with it?

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:20 AM, heybruce said:

Sorry, it's impossible for me to "be happy" about Trump and friends undermining democracy and the US Constitution.

Well, I sincerely feel sorry for you, that you are so invested in it that it makes you unhappy. Most don't even think about politics between elections except when they do something to stuff up our lives, which unfortunately seems to be happening more frequently now than in the past. 

As for myself, whenever I think Trump wasn't the best man for the job I just remember who would have been president if he lost, and I feel really happy.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well, I sincerely feel sorry for you, that you are so invested in it that it makes you unhappy. Most don't even think about politics between elections except when they do something to stuff up our lives, which unfortunately seems to be happening more frequently now than in the past. 

As for myself, whenever I think Trump wasn't the best man for the job I just remember who would have been president if he lost, and I feel really happy.

If the Founding Fathers had met you they would have re-thought their views on democracy.  Functioning democracy depends on voters who care about their government and monitor what it is doing.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

If the Founding Fathers had met you they would have re-thought their views on democracy.  Functioning democracy depends on voters who care about their government and monitor what it is doing.

That would be few people, IMO, then. Many voters vote depending on how big the bribes from the politicians are. 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That would be few people, IMO, then. Many voters vote depending on how big the bribes from the politicians are. 

I disagree on you first point but agree with the second.  If Mitch McConnell is re-elected it will be because of the pork projects he brings to Kentucky.

"Fill the swamp!  Fill the swamp!"

Archived