Trump launches re-election campaign, presents himself as outsider and victim

webfact

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, simple1 said:

It's mind boggling his base believes this stuff coming out of the mouth of a self serving arrogant elitist.

Well the supporters are probably not the sharpest tools in the shed.

It is appalling that so many people are now living in their cars, that to protect the people sleeping in the cars, some carparks have installed gates and lock them in at night, and have hired security guards

These are people who have at least one part time job in many cases, cannot afford accommodation, or utilities. Some of them have their school aged kids with them

Make America Great Again>>> while his family rack in kazillions.

20 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Love him or loathe him, his record on the economy is impressive, which is what counts most with the electorate.  Even the biased BBC. which arguably loathes Trump even more than some of his detractors on this forum, have had acknowledge his achievements.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-45827430

BBC doesn't loathe Trump.

And nowhere in the article you linked to is it claimed the present economic situation is a trump achievement, in contrast, it is stated many developments were set in motion before he took office.

36 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Love him or loathe him, his record on the economy is impressive, which is what counts most with the electorate.  Even the biased BBC. which arguably loathes Trump even more than some of his detractors on this forum, have had acknowledge his achievements.

Tell that to the increasing number of homeless since he came to office.

The number of returned service people who cannot get services

40 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Please tell us what he has implemented to make such an impressive economy.

2 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

You don't think the Russia probe was an assault on him, his family, and his associates?  If you quit listening to MSNBC & CNN for 5 minutes you might hear something besides Russia! Impeach! Trump is deranged! The country is in great peril because of the liar Trump!

I've asked before and I'll ask again:  Where do you Trump supporters get your news? 

22 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I've asked before and I'll ask again:  Where do you Trump supporters get your news? 

I personally watch regularly CNN, BBC, FOX, AL JAZEERA,  BLOOMBERG, and RT...

How can you form your own opinion if you only watch one or two channels that stroke your animus...

What a LIAR!

But his marks eat it up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/19/fact-checking-president-trumps-reelection-campaign-kickoff/

Here we are again, four years later, fact-checking a campaign kickoff speech by Donald Trump.

The fact-checkable claims were different this time around, but history repeated itself nonetheless. Trump’s campaign kickoff speech in Orlandowas littered with the same false or misleading claims he has so often repeated as president.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

How can you form your own opinion if you only watch one or two channels that stroke your animus...

I watch those same channels with the exception of Fox I get an entirely different message than you bottom line for me personally some of the (message)I’m in agreement with but the messenger needs to be replaced ASAP to listen to him that con man try to play the victim card is laughable what is tragic is some people believe him just play in your mind donalds greatest hits helinsky McCain daca tarreffs blabbing state secrets health care tax scam on and on and on nope dump the chump 2020

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Tell that to the increasing number of homeless since he came to office.

The number of returned service people who cannot get services

Interesting that most of the homeless, seem to reside in states run by Democrats. Some of the homeless have some issues, but generally speaking, there all sorts of jobs out there, no reason not to get one.

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

BBC doesn't loathe Trump.

And nowhere in the article you linked to is it claimed the present economic situation is a trump achievement, in contrast, it is stated many developments were set in motion before he took office.

Yes it does. That's precisely why they are so grudging in acknowledging how well the US is doing economically under his stewardship.

The problem for the Democrats, is they still aren't presenting a good candidate. People like Biden is what got us to this point, and Bernie or Warren? Please, no need to BS people about free stuff, it's not free, some tax payer working for a living will have to pay for it.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't trying to get bogged down in details. The point I was making is that despite 2 1/2 years of Dem demonization, Trump can still get a cheering crowd of thousands. If the propaganda had worked, he'd have had a few tramps and a old cat to greet him.

Back to the drawing board, Dems.

Yes, and there are thousands who believe in Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, Qanon, etc.  There are always thousands (millions actually) who will believe what they want to believe regardless of the evidence or lack of evidence.

9 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Don't you worry none...the Dem machine there has been busy since the last Dem rigged election...working overtime to ensure Trump does not win the southern colorful counties...

Rigging?  You mean by doing things like reducing early voting opportunities (early voting primarily benefits people with inflexible work schedules) and having an inadequate number of voting locations in areas with large minority populations?  That was done by Florida's Republican government, which has long been keen on voter suppression and gerrymandering.

" Florida, for example, reduced the number of early in-person voting days from 14 to 8. At the 2012 election, several Florida polling places with large populations of color experienced wait times of up to 7 hours. "   https://splinternews.com/black-people-wait-twice-as-long-to-vote-as-white-people-1793861100

7 hours ago, wombat said:

He is certainly a victim of the media.

Trump says and does outrageous things because he loves the media attention, and because he loves to play the victim.  The media plays along because reporting on the President is the media's job.

Trump told obvious, outrageous lies the day he was inaugurated and has been telling such lies ever since.  The media has been calling him out on some of the most obvious and outrageous, they don't have time to call him out on every lie.  That doesn't make Trump a victim.

7 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

the a.m. fitting a 100 % on china-joe biden. trumpy boys highest approval rating 45 % latest fox news poll.

wbr

roobaa01

Over two years in office and his highest approval rating, according to the pro-Trump network, is 45%.  That should tell you something.

2 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I rely on an ancient technology that predates television; I read.

Trump raises $24.8 million dollars in 24 hours smashing the record. A large amount of it from small donors. Here is a brilliant line from Trump that basically sums up the dems in their totality.

"Our political opponents look down with hatred on our values and with utter disdain for the people whose lives they want to run."

12 hours ago, Basil B said:

Yes he has done a lot of damage but he is also very vindictive and when he loses the presidency I see him doing his worst in his last 2 months.

...God Help America. 

Donald will return , he is a natural born leader .   

36 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Without television , and social media , mankind would not exit .

Evolution of the species , Darwin ? .

27 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Trump raises $24.8 million dollars in 24 hours smashing the record. A large amount of it from small donors. Here is a brilliant line from Trump that basically sums up the dems in their totality.

"Our political opponents look down with hatred on our values and with utter disdain for the people whose lives they want to run."

Donald Trump who cares for the little people:

A brief history of Trump's small-time swindles

"A far more sweeping investigation by USA Today found Trump was involved in over 3,500 lawsuits during the last three decades. "At least 60 lawsuits, along with hundreds of liens, judgments, and other government filings" were from contractors claiming they got stiffed. USA Today also found "24 violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act since 2005 for failing to pay overtime or minimum wage."

https://theweek.com/articles/783976/brief-history-trumps-smalltime-swindles

Trump settles fraud case against Trump University for $25M - USA Today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/11/18/reports-trump-nears-settlement-trump-u-fraud-case/94068946/

Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

Among those who say billionair didn't pay: Dishwashers, painters, waiters

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

39 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Heybruce , you need to update  your browser..

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Donald Trump who cares for the little people:

A brief history of Trump's small-time swindles

"A far more sweeping investigation by USA Today found Trump was involved in over 3,500 lawsuits during the last three decades. "At least 60 lawsuits, along with hundreds of liens, judgments, and other government filings" were from contractors claiming they got stiffed. USA Today also found "24 violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act since 2005 for failing to pay overtime or minimum wage."

https://theweek.com/articles/783976/brief-history-trumps-smalltime-swindles

Trump settles fraud case against Trump University for $25M - USA Today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/11/18/reports-trump-nears-settlement-trump-u-fraud-case/94068946/

Doesn't change a word I said. Nice deflection thanks for  playing. That's my final answer.

Archived