Trump launches re-election campaign, presents himself as outsider and victim

webfact

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

Doesn't change a word I said. Nice deflection thanks for  playing. That's my final answer.

No, but it does make a mockery of this:

"Our political opponents look down with hatred on our values and with utter disdain for the people whose lives they want to run."

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not in sync with Trump on everything (like guns and climate change) but if Democrats want my vote they need to move toward the center and Sleepy Joe is well past his prime as we will see in the upcoming debates. Policies like slave reparation, Medicare for everyone, Free university education for all and massive college loan forgiveness are non starters for me. I believe that upcoming reports issued by the Attorney General and Inspector General will seriously implicate Obama era officials for their actions against Trump. Meanwhile nothing is getting done as the House continues with new investigations because they unhappy with the results of the Mueller report. It’s time to move on ! 

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Trump raises $24.8 million dollars in 24 hours smashing the record. A large amount of it from small donors. Here is a brilliant line from Trump that basically sums up the dems in their totality.

"Our political opponents look down with hatred on our values and with utter disdain for the people whose lives they want to run."

Be specific, what values are you and Trump referring to?

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Without television , and social media , mankind would not exit .

Evolution of the species , Darwin ? .

That makes no sense at all, unless you think the dumbing down of the species is evolution.

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Heybruce , you need to update  your browser..

That also makes no sense.

9 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

I am not in sync with Trump on everything (like guns and climate change) but if Democrats want my vote they need to move toward the center and Sleepy Joe is well past his prime as we will see in the upcoming debates. Policies like slave reparation, Medicare for everyone, Free university education for all and massive college loan forgiveness are non starters for me. I believe that upcoming reports issued by the Attorney General and Inspector General will seriously implicate Obama era officials for their actions against Trump. Meanwhile nothing is getting done as the House continues with new investigations because they unhappy with the results of the Mueller report. It’s time to move on ! 

Why do you believe Obama era officials will be implicated? 

The House is doing quite a lot, but the bills being sent to the Senate are being ignored.  Don't blame the lack of action on the Democrats.

26 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

Even if the Democrat candidate for president wins election, absolutely none of those issues you've mentioned will become law unless they also take the Senate. Also, there aren't going to be any reparations and at most free education will only extend to community college or trade school. After the primaries comes the race to the center.

15 hours ago, Berkshire said:

555555.....this is what most Americans think of Trump.  Most Americans are not MAGA rubes.  The Orlando Sentinel is expressing what most Americans think which is "we want someone not named Trump to be President."

[Some readers will wonder how we could possibly eliminate a candidate so far before an election, and before knowing the identity of his opponent.

Because there’s no point pretending we would ever recommend that readers vote for Trump.

After 2½ years we’ve seen enough.

Enough of the chaos, the division, the schoolyard insults, the self-aggrandizement, the corruption, and especially the lies.

So many lies — from white lies to whoppers — told out of ignorance, laziness, recklessness, expediency or opportunity.

Trump’s capacity for lying isn’t the surprise here, though the frequency is. It’s the tolerance so many Americans have for it.]

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/editorials/os-op-sentinel-not-endorsing-donald-trump-2020-20190618-63ya7cyb5ngf3irllodwxnznui-story.html

I just read this and it is excellent.  It is an opinion piece but it references well known facts. 

Those who read (that seems to preclude a lot of Trump supporters, and Trump himself) should check the article out.  Remember the Orlando Sentinel is a right-leaning newspaper.

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

From the man himself:

"Together, we are breaking the most sacred rule in Washington Politics: we are KEEPING our promises to the American People. Because my only special interest is YOU"

Really?  Has he reduced the deficit?  Did he raise taxes on himself and other rich people?  Is Mexico paying for the wall?  What great negotiations has he pulled off?

Don't tell us about draining the swamp, it's deeper and dirtier than ever.  Now we learn that Mitch McConnell is one of the swamp creatures Trump embraces:

" Elaine Chao reportedly helped secure millions of dollars in federal money requested by her husband, Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell, for his home state of Kentucky by using her official capacity as secretary of the Department of Transportation, a move that ethics officials have lambasted and even consider impeachable. " 

" John Hudak of the Brookings Institution labeled the potential conflicts of interest as the sort of "swamp behavior" people often associate with Washington. "    https://www.newsweek.com/mitch-mcconnell-elaine-chao-conflict-interest-1443148

7 hours ago, beechguy said:

Interesting that most of the homeless, seem to reside in states run by Democrats. Some of the homeless have some issues, but generally speaking, there all sorts of jobs out there, no reason not to get one.

Some seem to have one if not more, but casualised workforce, low wages etc equals poverty. 

Surely if doing better than ever before, all would be sharing the rewards?

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Really?  Has he reduced the deficit?  Did he raise taxes on himself and other rich people?  Is Mexico paying for the wall?  What great negotiations has he pulled off?

Don't tell us about draining the swamp, it's deeper and dirtier than ever.  Now we learn that Mitch McConnell is one of the swamp creatures Trump embraces:

" Elaine Chao reportedly helped secure millions of dollars in federal money requested by her husband, Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell, for his home state of Kentucky by using her official capacity as secretary of the Department of Transportation, a move that ethics officials have lambasted and even consider impeachable. " 

" John Hudak of the Brookings Institution labeled the potential conflicts of interest as the sort of "swamp behavior" people often associate with Washington. "    https://www.newsweek.com/mitch-mcconnell-elaine-chao-conflict-interest-1443148

Trump and co>>>>understanding conflicts of interest would take an understanding of ethics, not going to happen

7 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Why don't you do your own research, starting here:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/10/donald-trump-gives-the-economy-a-boost/

And things have gone on getting better.

We will see. Current indications are the US economy is commencing to slide backwards now that the tax incentives have played out. The massive debts incurred by the tax incentives have yet to come into full view. If China and US can sort out their differences will be a boost, if not sorted likely not a good look, especially as other countries are starting to run out of patience with trump's gamble with very aggressive polices e.g. India.

9 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Yes it does. That's precisely why they are so grudging in acknowledging how well the US is doing economically under his stewardship.

You're sad.

You make a claim, back this up by a link, but the link when read does not back up your claim at all. And as a response you state 'that;s because they don't want to'.

Total nonsense this discussion, your claim is simply not backed up by your link.

Trump never claims to be a "victim". That's for the communist left to do. He didn't achieve what he has in life by being a victim. Great example of traditional American "work your tail off" values. The haters will continue to hate because they also hate America and don't want her to succeed. Shameful.

36 minutes ago, howbri said:

Trump never claims to be a "victim". That's for the communist left to do. He didn't achieve what he has in life by being a victim. Great example of traditional American "work your tail off" values. The haters will continue to hate because they also hate America and don't want her to succeed. Shameful.

4 bankruptcies. And repeatedly bailed out by his father. "Great example of traditional American "work your tail off" values."

1 hour ago, howbri said:

The headlines on this site are only made with the intent of triggering the same tiresome echo chamber. The news on this site is devoid of any progress from the dems.

19 hours ago, habanero said:

I think I heard this same argument in 2016. Everyone on the left said, " No way Donald Trump is ever going to be President". 

Guess what? They were wrong then and they are wrong now.

Donald was running against a woman(sorry lady’s)men are reluctant to vote for a woman as president and she was unpopular we know Donald good now he doesent measure up dump the chump 2029

Just now, Tug said:

Donald was running against a woman(sorry lady’s)men are reluctant to vote for a woman as president and she was unpopular we know Donald good now he doesent measure up dump the chump 2029

It's the middle class running against the snobbery of the left.

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Do you even live in the USA? Do you even know what is happening here?

I guess your residency in western PA, a heavily Republican part of the country, gives you special insight into the situation of the US as a whole? Are there no people in the USA who disagree with your perspective? Or is your take on the situation pretty much universally acknowledged as true?

9 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Do you even live in the USA? Do you even know what is happening here?

Even people living there don't know what's happening all over the country. They might have firsthand experience about what's happening to them and their immediate circle of friends and acquaintances.  As for what's happening nationally, they find out the same way expats do: they watch town hall discussions, see people airing their grievances live and see the protest marches on the international news.  Just because you might live in Podunk, PA does not mean you know what's going on all over the country.

Yours is a sad attempt to shut down the conversation by claiming others aren't speaking from firsthand experience.

8 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

From the man himself:

"Together, we are breaking the most sacred rule in Washington Politics: we are KEEPING our promises to the American People. Because my only special interest is YOU"

Since nearly every word out of Trump's mouth is a lie, the above then must be untrue.  How can you believe a conman? 

8 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

From the man himself:

You mean like when he promised better and cheaper health insurance? He's been promising that since before the inauguration. In fact, in an interview that took place before the inauguration, he promised that his plan was virtually ready to go and would be released in a few days. But I guess you know that health care isn't an important issue to the American People.

And his tax plan that slashed taxes on the wealthy, particularly on pass through partnerships in the real estate industry? One of his earliest campaign promises was based on tax reform that would increase taxes on the wealthy. He promised that his reform would result in him paying more in taxes. 

And whatever happened to his infrastructure plan? That got sacrificed to his tax cuts that overwhelmingly favored the wealthy and corporations.

Archived