Trump launches re-election campaign, presents himself as outsider and victim

webfact

13 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I personally watch regularly CNN, BBC, FOX, AL JAZEERA,  BLOOMBERG, and RT...

How can you form your own opinion if you only watch one or two channels that stroke your animus...

Hmmmm...facts aren't subject to opinion.  At least not in the real world.  If you watch/read several news outlets that said Trump told a bunch of lies at his rally, but one (say, Fox) spins it another way, are you going to give Fox equal weight?  It's like reading a bunch of science journals that conclude the Earth is round, but one says the Earth is flat and you give it the same weight.  Bizarro.  

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You mean like when he promised better and cheaper health insurance? He's been promising that since before the inauguration. In fact, in an interview that took place before the inauguration, he promised that his plan was virtually ready to go and would be released in a few days. But I guess you know that health care isn't an important issue to the American People.

And his tax plan that slashed taxes on the wealthy, particularly on pass through partnerships in the real estate industry? One of his earliest campaign promises was based on tax reform that would increase taxes on the wealthy. He promised that his reform would result in him paying more in taxes. 

And whatever happened to his infrastructure plan? That got sacrificed to his tax cuts that overwhelmingly favored the wealthy and corporations.

His tax plan saved me a lot of money and helped the middle class. AgainI don't think you live in the USA. I don't think you pay any tax at all just sit in a military dictatorship and bitch about life.

12 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

His tax plan saved me a lot of money and helped the middle class. AgainI don't think you live in the USA.

As you repeatedly have stated in this forum, you are heavily invested in the stock market. That puts you among a tiny minority of U.S. citizens. So naturally the huge breaks Trump has given corporations helps you.  And how does living in a certain region of USA give you a factually sound basis for making a judgement about how the middle class across the entire USA has fared under Trump? Do you believe  yourself to be an objective observer?

23 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You mean like when he promised better and cheaper health insurance? He's been promising that since before the inauguration. In fact, in an interview that took place before the inauguration, he promised that his plan was virtually ready to go and would be released in a few days. But I guess you know that health care isn't an important issue to the American People.

And his tax plan that slashed taxes on the wealthy, particularly on pass through partnerships in the real estate industry? One of his earliest campaign promises was based on tax reform that would increase taxes on the wealthy. He promised that his reform would result in him paying more in taxes. 

And whatever happened to his infrastructure plan? That got sacrificed to his tax cuts that overwhelmingly favored the wealthy and corporations.

Well its a good thing he didn't say something to the effect. "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor".

1 minute ago, habanero said:

Well its a good thing he didn't say something to the effect. "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor".

And Obama has been deservedly criticized for that. But how does that compare to repeatedly promising the imminent release of a health care plan that will provide insurance that is cheaper and better and it repeatedly turns out that the plan doesn't exist? Or trying to get rid of guaranteed coverage for pre-existing conditions while claiming to be doing no such thing?

40 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

His tax plan saved me a lot of money and helped the middle class. AgainI don't think you live in the USA. I don't think you pay any tax at all just sit in a military dictatorship and bitch about life.

Donald’s tax scam cost me just under 9k his tax scam is corporate welfare

46 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmmm...facts aren't subject to opinion.  At least not in the real world.  If you watch/read several news outlets that said Trump told a bunch of lies at his rally, but one (say, Fox) spins it another way, are you going to give Fox equal weight?  It's like reading a bunch of science journals that conclude the Earth is round, but one says the Earth is flat and you give it the same weight.  Bizarro.  

If Russia, Russia, Russia ad nauseam has taught us anything...facts are a moving target and are not formed in concrete...

Your poo pooing on gathering information from several news sources comes from a lack of confidence and discernment...trust your ability to sort fact from fiction...as I do.

9 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

If Russia, Russia, Russia ad nauseam has taught us anything...facts are a moving target and are not formed in concrete...

Your poo pooing on gathering information from several news sources comes from a lack of confidence and discernment...trust your ability to sort fact from fiction...as I do.

If you're referring to the Mueller investigation, the point is it was an investigation to assay what facts there were vs. falsehhoods and what weight those facts should have. That's why it's called an investigation. But there are also settled facts and it's those that Trump repeatedly lies about.

thumbs up for mr. trump 49% say yes to make america great again suffolk university poll.

obviously democrats favour make america weak again as the latest sample of disgrace coming from dem rep. aocortez comparing ice detentation facilities at the southern borderto "nazi" concentration camps during world war ii. does this dumm dem rep. aocortez ever participated in history lessons.

wbr

roobaa01

2 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

Keep America Great; 4 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what's the story with all the pickup trucks driving aound with a US flag on a staff in the pickup bed? White supremacists or just your garden variety narcissistic yokel?

41 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

If you're referring to the Mueller investigation, the point is it was an investigation to assay what facts there were vs. falsehhoods and what weight those facts should have. That's why it's called an investigation. But there are also settled facts and it's those that Trump repeatedly lies about.

"If you like your healthcare insurance, you can keep it." "If you like your doctor, you can keep him."  "The cost of your healthcare insurance will decrease."   Lying to US citizens is not something uniquely Trump...

2 hours ago, attrayant said:

Even people living there don't know what's happening all over the country. They might have firsthand experience about what's happening to them and their immediate circle of friends and acquaintances.  As for what's happening nationally, they find out the same way expats do: they watch town hall discussions, see people airing their grievances live and see the protest marches on the international news.  Just because you might live in Podunk, PA does not mean you know what's going on all over the country.

Yours is a sad attempt to shut down the conversation by claiming others aren't speaking from firsthand experience.

I pretty much know what's going on all over the country and I don't even watch TV. "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

To be fair that was entirely a Goldman Sachs construct. Trump got played just like everyone else.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

As you repeatedly have stated in this forum, you are heavily invested in the stock market. That puts you among a tiny minority of U.S. citizens. So naturally the huge breaks Trump has given corporations helps you.  And how does living in a certain region of USA give you a factually sound basis for making a judgement about how the middle class across the entire USA has fared under Trump? Do you believe  yourself to be an objective observer?

"Heavily invested" might be stretching it. The one trade he mentioned was for 1 (one) share of stock.

Just now, lannarebirth said:

To be fair that was entirely a Goldman Sachs construct. Trump got played just like everyone else.

Really? And it just happened that real estate partnerships structured like Trump's were disproportionaly benefited? What about Trump's conduct in office makes you believe that he put self-interest in abeyance? And where is your evidence that Goldman Sachs created the tax bill? Blowing smoke, much?

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Really? And it just happened that real estate partnerships structured like Trump's were disproportionaly benefited? What about Trump's conduct in office makes you believe that he put self-interest in abeyance? And where is your evidence that Goldman Sachs created the tax bill? Blowing smoke, much?

According to Gary Cohn (Goldman Sachs stooge) who ramroded the tax bill through, Trump wanted to increase taxes on the wealthy and Cohn said he convinced him not to do it as he was a Republican now and that is not something a Republican would do if he hoped to get re-elelected.

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

According to Gary Cohn (Goldman Sachs stooge) who ramroded the tax bill through, Trump wanted to increase taxes on the wealthy and Cohn said he convinced him not to do it as he was a Republican now and that is not something a Republican would do if he hoped to get re-elelected.

And how you know it was a Goldman Sachs construct is that he left Goldman Sachs to join Trumps team and when the tax bill was passed he promptly left government to return to the private sector to reap the rewards for delivering the goods.

4 hours ago, howbri said:

Trump never claims to be a "victim". That's for the communist left to do. He didn't achieve what he has in life by being a victim. Great example of traditional American "work your tail off" values. The haters will continue to hate because they also hate America and don't want her to succeed. Shameful.

That would be "work your tail off" as in being born into money.

12 hours ago, elliss said:

The Great American people .

The majority of the Great American people did not vote for him.

The majority of the Great American people who did vote, did not vote for him.

The majority of the Great American people seem unimpressed by his leadership, given ratings.

The great leader regularly denigrates those opposed or not supporting him - many of these would be of the Great American people.

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

Do you think it does not require to work just as hard to keep the money?

No. By various estimates, linked many times on these topics, had Trump simply conservatively invested his inheritance, he'd end up with about the same.

4 hours ago, howbri said:

Trump never claims to be a "victim". That's for the communist left to do. He didn't achieve what he has in life by being a victim. Great example of traditional American "work your tail off" values. The haters will continue to hate because they also hate America and don't want her to succeed. Shameful.

Shameful indeed- that is - your thought processes. 

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

I've heard witch-hunt, witch-hunt, witch-hunt far more than I've heard Russia, Russia, Russia.  Though I concede the repetition works on simple minds; no matter how carefully it is explained that an investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election was necessary to preserve our democracy, the Trump fans keep repeating "witch-hunt".

You went downhill from there.  Facts are a moving target?  Wrong.  Additional facts may be revealed, but a fact is a fact.  If you don't know this, you clearly can't distinguish between fact and fiction.

Archived