Take that back! Man defecating in Chinatown was not Chinese but Thai kid with autism

webfact

Take that back! Man defecating in Chinatown was not Chinese but Thai kid with autism

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath discovered that the man caught on camera defecating in Soi Texas in Yaowarat was not a Chinese tourist after all

He is a Thai boy suffering from autism. 

Suvit Srisarayounont said the boy is about 15 or 16 years old. He asked society to understand the situation. 

"He gets out frequently", said Suvit. "He does things like urinate at the bus stop and sometimes sits down to eat then leaves abruptly. Everyone around here knows him and we appreciate the situation".

Thaivisa notes that parents of children on the autistic spectrum can have problems training their children in use of the toilet. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-19

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooops! Well, I am as guilty as most of the other posters yesterday, so my apologies to the Chinese. Autism is something many of us have never had to confront, and very taxing on the family.

I would like to know how the story got out saying the boy was a foreign tourist? Someone definitely stirring the bucket there.

It seems to be fairly stupid of me to use logic and common sense on this site as it appears that your opinions (for whatever reasons) are so established as facts or truths that no amount of logic is going to shift that. But I will have another go......

Fact 1.....the person reported for defecating in the street is not Chinese.......see if you can hold that thought for a minute or two.

Fact 2....two farangs who have lived, travelled, worked and made friends with many Chinese have never seen an adult or teenager crap in the street.....is this starting to sink in......

What are these totally insulting racist comments being based on......

You would think that with video phones being very so accessible in China that there would be tons of documentary evidence of this occurring.....there are 1.7 billion people in China.....some of them probably do mistakes........but how about thinking how the Chinese feel when they are being racially profiled with no basis of fact......yes they have feelings too.....

9 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Is shitting in public common with autistic teenagers? I don't think so.

I certainly wouldn't know. But I do know that it takes a better person than me to care for an autistic being.

Story: I'll be as brief as possible. My former Thai gf has a family with two autistic adults. I witnessed the care first hand and have nothing but praise for these people. They are an awesome family and live on an awesome farm, growing almost everything. The autistic boys spent the day on the huge farmhouse deck, rocking and moaning, but seemingly happy.

One morning I was showering when in came one of the "boys" to do his "business". My gf (bless her heart) frantically came in to rescue me from what she felt was going to be a very unpleasant situation for me. I believe that I would have rolled with the punches, but who knows, hindsight is 20/20.

29 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Remember that advert in England years ago . ' Let the drain take the strain '

Irrespective of the nationality of the person, these shit jokes have been to my crap mind absolutely hilarious.

28 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

He's a Panda... Eats, shoots and leaves

That one too. An excellent old joke revisited there.

47 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Oooops! Well, I am as guilty as most of the other posters yesterday, so my apologies to the Chinese. Autism is something many of us have never had to confront, and very taxing on the family.

I would like to know how the story got out saying the boy was a foreign tourist? Someone definitely stirring the bucket there.

In fairness Ds we were all blindsided by the headline of the original story which began clearly stating " Chinese tourist " .. I doubt it might have got as many replies had we known the facts as they are now reported .. 

55 minutes ago, John P Ryke said:

two farangs who have lived, travelled, worked and made friends with many Chinese have never seen an adult or teenager crap in the street..

Sorry, but I lived in China for 3 1/2 years and saw such behaviours on a daily basis including males and females of all ages.  Therefore, before making any such statement always confirm the facts before publishing them.   I say that as neither the location(s) or dates where your "friends" lived and travelled was disclosed and nor was the time they spent in such places.  I have also witnessed such happenings in Thailand by males and females.

'nuf sed.

Understandably an unpleasant topic, but needs to be treated as a public health and education problem. I hope people will resist the temptation to frame this as a cultural issue, and remember that incontinence emergencies sometimes occur.

22 minutes ago, Kasane said:

So why was TV broadcasting a trope?

From the Forum Rules:

The ThaiVisa News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.

Except as otherwise indicated in the byline, news bulletins are reprinted verbatim from a mass media source which has given TV permission to use its feed. 
Original articles, especially in the Thai press, often have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ThaiVisa is not responsible for these nor does ThaiVisa have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ThaiVisa is not responsible for any opinions reflected  or quoted in reprinted news stories.

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

Understandably an unpleasant topic, but needs to be treated as a public health and education problem. I hope people will resist the temptation to frame this as a cultural issue, and remember that incontinence emergencies sometimes occur.

That's very true.

Only last year Prawit had his own 'medical emergency'. But he had the luxury if being able to be 'whisked' from Ubon to Bangkok.

Nothing to do with the availability of public conveniences between those two locations, of course.

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Is shitting in public common with autistic teenagers? I don't think so.

It can be without proper training and support

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5638627/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/is-autism-the-real-public_b_8191918

https://autismawarenesscentre.com/trials-toilet-training-training-older-child/

posted originally by wotsdermatter

Sorry, but I lived in China for 3 1/2 years and saw such behaviours on a daily basis including males and females of all ages.  Therefore, before making any such statement always confirm the facts before publishing them.   I say that as neither the location(s) or dates where your "friends" lived and travelled was disclosed and nor was the time they spent in such places.  I have also witnessed such happenings in Thailand by males and females.

'nuf sed. 

I'm confused, you say that you lived in China for 3 and 1/2 years and saw this behaviour on a daily basis. 

I said I did not see this behaviour in the 12 years I lived there. Your opinion of my statement is quote

"Therefore, before making any such statement always confirm the facts before publishing them.   I say that as neither the location(s) or dates where your "friends" lived and travelled was disclosed and nor was the time they spent in such places."

Tell me how your statement is any different to your totally believable statement.....I lived in China for 3 1/2 years and saw such behaviours on a daily basis....

You disclosed dates and locations did you.....I must have missed that bit......nuf sed indeed

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Don't feel too bad about it, the Chinese deserve their reputation as toilet pigs.

I was in a five star hotel in Hanoi just recently. It was full of Chinese tourists. I went to take a leak and noticed a Chinese leaving one of the toilet booths. After I had finished I glanced into the open door of the booth and he had left his huge dump on the floor. The poor toilet attendant was beside himself.

Maybe the Chinese have a thing about sitting on toilets like most other people.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:
4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

That one too. An excellent old joke revisited there.

And a good example of why syntax and punctuation are very important ????

1 hour ago, John P Ryke said:

I'm confused, you say that you lived in China for 3 and 1/2 years and saw this behaviour on a daily basis. 

I said I did not see this behaviour in the 12 years I lived there. Your opinion of my statement is quote

"Therefore, before making any such statement always confirm the facts before publishing them.   I say that as neither the location(s) or dates where your "friends" lived and travelled was disclosed and nor was the time they spent in such places."

Tell me how your statement is any different to your totally believable statement.....I lived in China for 3 1/2 years and saw such behaviours on a daily basis....

You disclosed dates and locations did you.....I must have missed that bit......nuf sed indeed

Powerful statement. 

Problem the kid taking a dump in the aisle, on the airline flight to Detroit. Delta I think. It was pretty well publicized worldwide. Why his parents had him do that rather than take him to the toilets on the plane, has never been explained.

Perhaps now, Mr Ryke, is the moment!  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:
4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I hope that is not what is meant when I see the Panda Food delivery motorbikes wizzing around? What do they deliver.... stools?

I think with the food delivery, it's because it's coming soon.

oh dear how will this one be spun ? I know taxi driver returns a billion baht left by chinese customer in taxi?

or thai locals help out chinese tourist in walking street altercation instead of helping to kick head in in a swarm like fashion

or even thai immigration staff fix crappy service by getting 1000 chinese through customs in less than 3 hours.

Archived