Take that back! Man defecating in Chinatown was not Chinese but Thai kid with autism

webfact

2 hours ago,  John P Ryke said: 

I'm confused, you say that you lived in China for 3 and 1/2 years and saw this behaviour on a daily basis. 

I said I did not see this behaviour in the 12 years I lived there. Your opinion of my statement is quote

"Therefore, before making any such statement always confirm the facts before publishing them.   I say that as neither the location(s) or dates where your "friends" lived and travelled was disclosed and nor was the time they spent in such places."

Tell me how your statement is any different to your totally believable statement.....I lived in China for 3 1/2 years and saw such behaviours on a daily basis....

You disclosed dates and locations did you.....I must have missed that bit......nuf sed indeed

Powerful statement. 

Problem the kid taking a dump in the aisle, on the airline flight to Detroit. Delta I think. It was pretty well publicized worldwide. Why his parents had him do that rather than take him to the toilets on the plane, has never been explained.

Perhaps now, Mr Ryke, is the moment!

Ok now I am confused.....the point of my post was that I had never in 12years in China I had never seen an adult or teenager defecating in public....

Can you explain what you are asking of me......I fail to see what my experiences in many parts of China have got to do with a plane ride going to Detroit...... can you clarify exactly what your point is......thankyou

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, John P Ryke said:

It seems to be fairly stupid of me to use logic and common sense on this site as it appears that your opinions (for whatever reasons) are so established as facts or truths that no amount of logic is going to shift that. But I will have another go......

Fact 1.....the person reported for defecating in the street is not Chinese.......see if you can hold that thought for a minute or two.

Fact 2....two farangs who have lived, travelled, worked and made friends with many Chinese have never seen an adult or teenager crap in the street.....is this starting to sink in......

What are these totally insulting racist comments being based on......

You would think that with video phones being very so accessible in China that there would be tons of documentary evidence of this occurring.....there are 1.7 billion people in China.....some of them probably do mistakes........but how about thinking how the Chinese feel when they are being racially profiled with no basis of fact......yes they have feelings too.....

Asians in general are usually the target on this site though normally it's the Thais that get slammed the most...

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Oooops! Well, I am as guilty as most of the other posters yesterday, so my apologies to the Chinese. Autism is something many of us have never had to confront, and very taxing on the family.

I would like to know how the story got out saying the boy was a foreign tourist? Someone definitely stirring the bucket there.

I don't believe a word. Chinese %100. Seen them do worse. 

18 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Asians in general are usually the target on this site though normally it's the Thais that get slammed the most...

Strange dichotomy there to me , when living in Asia

5 hours ago, John P Ryke said:

It seems to be fairly stupid of me to use logic and common sense on this site as it appears that your opinions (for whatever reasons) are so established as facts or truths that no amount of logic is going to shift that. But I will have another go......

Fact 1.....the person reported for defecating in the street is not Chinese.......see if you can hold that thought for a minute or two.

Fact 2....two farangs who have lived, travelled, worked and made friends with many Chinese have never seen an adult or teenager crap in the street.....is this starting to sink in......

You would think that with video phones being very so accessible in China that there would be tons of documentary evidence of this occurring.....there are 1.7 billion people in China.....some of them probably do mistakes........but how about thinking how the Chinese feel when they are being racially profiled with no basis of fact......yes they have feelings too.....

Fact: multiple cases of Chinese from the mainland peeing and pooping in Hong Kong in public. 

Fact: China has strict controls on social media. 

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

To all the Chinese who i defamed in my earlier post, my apologies, and the next toilet paper roll is on me...

You will be bankrupt soon even if only 0.1% of the offended Chinese uses toilet paper. ????

posted by  buanmeerugsaa

Fact: multiple cases of Chinese from the mainland peeing and pooping in Hong Kong in public. 

where did you find these facts.......please tell me

have you ever been to Hong Kong.........good luck with finding public toilets......it isn't just Chinese suffering from lack of public toilets....westerners as well 

and tell me about strict controls on social media in china.........please.....you have never heard of a vpn have you

1 hour ago, John P Ryke said:

Can you explain what you are asking of me......I fail to see what my experiences in many parts of China have got to do with a plane ride going to Detroit...... can you clarify exactly what your point is......thankyou

That was a Beijing to Detroit flight and yes Chinese in China got angry about this incident. They felt these people had embarrased their country. Even they thought it was something you do not do, on an airflight. That said why did they do it, unless more common back home ?! 

Any responses, or is it back to deflecting

37 minutes ago, buanmeerugsaa said:

It's all about the psychology of prejudice. I believe we learn most stereotypes from the mass media.

I can easily find many videos on the internet about non-Chinese taking a dump or peeing in public but apparently, the mass media is not very fond of highlighting those acts by non-Chinese people.

Don't forget that 1/5 of the world's population is Chinese, so of course we would surely have more news about them than any other races.

Take India for example. They were many high profile cases of Indian rapes highlighted by the media but statistically speaking, Sweden, Belgium, Australia and New Zealand have very high level of sexual crimes but most people don't see them as having such a problem.

•  
   1 hour ago,  John P Ryke said: 

That was a Beijing to Detroit flight and yes Chinese in China got angry about this incident. They felt these people had embarrased their country. Even they thought it was something you do not do, on an airflight. That said why did they do it, unless more common back home ?! 

Any responses, or is it back to deflecting.....

Well that was clear as mud..... my point was and still is you do not see people crapping in Chinese cities despite what a few of the posters here claim......in fact was a daily occurrence for one poster...

your post says the Chinese thought it was something you do not do......so if the Chinese thought it shouldn't be done, why  would it be common back in China.....your logic is confusing

23 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Any responses, or is it back to deflecting

I bet you have been on flights that have China passengers in them. Do you see any pooping or peeing on the aisle event so far? I bet you have not seen any, which means that kind of event must be pretty rare to be in the news.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Take that back! Man defecating in Chinatown was not Chinese but Thai kid with autism

It´s understandable. It´s two very similars, so it´s easy to mix that up.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Oooops! Well, I am as guilty as most of the other posters yesterday, so my apologies to the Chinese. Autism is something many of us have never had to confront, and very taxing on the family.

I would like to know how the story got out saying the boy was a foreign tourist? Someone definitely stirring the bucket there.

Or it really is fake news to save face........

7 hours ago, John P Ryke said:

Well my comments were based on the fact that I've seen them do this here, as well as spit in the shops and shopping mall, put their feet on a restaurant table and clip their toenails and dead skin, letting it fly all over the place, and also completely ruin the toilet in a friend's apartment by defecating all over the place, including managing to smear it on the walls.

I won't apologise for what I've seen and it won't change my opinion of the low quality Chinese trash that we are getting here........ some may call it racist, I just call it as I see it.

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I think it most likely was the "pooping" thing... Put "2" (the guy doing) plus "2" (the Chinese having a reputation for doing it) together, and presto, you get a Chinese tourist.... :biggrin:

9 hours ago, John P Ryke said:

https://tradingeconomics.com/china/people-practicing-open-defecation-percent-of-population-wb-data.html

see row #6 .   X x 1.51% .  where X = china population .    will get approx total # practicing open defecation in china

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 19.04.19.png

So do we know who the spin Dr was to suddenly declare that it was not a Chinese tourist but an autistic Thai youngster ? TAT must have been poohing their pants at the repercussions of yet another Chinese Faux Pas in the open air, kid on beach road comes to mind as just one example, so who do we believe ? Serious question folks, they print one thing one day and lo & chuffin behold the following day it's not the precious Chinese, it's Burmese, Cambodian, Lao, Vietnamese or Farang, make your bloody minds up or get your reporting right in the first place.

Please note that the last sentence is not directed at Thaivisa staff as they can only work with what they are given, phew, I think I'm safe. ???? 

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Yes, you.

Archived