Bill Gates hanging wire wish to come true!: 20 billion baht work set to be finished by 2021

webfact

Bill Gates hanging wire wish to come true!: 20 billion baht work set to be finished by 2021

5pm.jpg

Bangkok's governor general Asawin Kwanmuang has given details of the progress of a scheme to bury thousands of kilometers of unsightly wires in the capital of Thailand. 

Much of the work on the 20 billion baht project has been completed and the governor said it should all be done by June 2021. 

Yesterday the governor was inking an agreement with the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission regarding how to pay for the scheme. 

Public money is not being used, he said. Through a subsidiary company called Krung Thep Thanakhom Co Ltd. the money is being raised through bank loans and advanced rental payments for companies that will use the wires. 

A 30 year agreement with those companies is expected to see 10 billion repaid within slightly less than half that time. The other 10 billion is coming from the bank loans.

In all 2,450 kilometers of wires on main roads, secondary roads and sois is being buried underground. Roads are not affected and sidewalks and adjacent areas are being used. 

The city has been split up into four main zones each comprising slightly in excess of 600 kilometers. Two are on the Bangkok side and two on the Thonburi side of the capital. 

Roads such as Withayu (Wireless), Rama I, Petchaburi, Ratchada Pisek and Thiam Ruam Mitr will benefit. 

General Asawin said that 150 kilometers in each zone will be completed within this year. 

The rest should be done by June 2021. 

Some years ago Microsoft owner Bill Gates posted holiday snaps of hanging wires from Bangkok calling for change. This prompted Thai prime minister Prayut Chan-ocha to hurry along plans for the burial of the wires.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-19

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Much of the work on the 20 billion baht project has been completed and the governor said it should all be done by June 2021. 

(with apologies to The Who) Got a feeling '21 is going to be a good year:

The overhead cable should have disappeared and the 'high speed' train section from Bangkok to Korat should be completed and running.

its a shame the villages don't also fall under this, it means the stupidity will continue in multiple city housing investments.

what is needed is proper standards and a means to prevent corruption

surely it is only corruption that enables multiple wires to be hung and rehung

the economics cannot justify such an action

4 hours ago, webfact said:

5pm.jpg

Bangkok's governor general Asawin Kwanmuang has given details of the progress of a scheme to bury thousands of kilometers of unsightly wires in the capital of Thailand. 

Okay, cut and bury, right under the carpet and upcoming blackouts:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Please show me where this has finished already. The amount of cables and the chaos that they are in, makes this a project for a group of 1000 people who can make their 45 years career of this! 20 billion baht and not even public money! Wow, I wish I was the manager of this project 555 :cheesy:

13 hours ago, Cheops said:

Please show me where this has finished already. 

Er.......how about a huge chunk of Sukhumvit for a start, will that do for you?

I believe they have already done about 100kms throughout the city.

Don't get out much?

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 11.34.57 AM.png

12 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Er.......how about a huge chunk of Sukhumvit for a start, will that do for you?

I believe they have already done about 100kms throughout the city.

Don't get out much?

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 11.34.57 AM.png

Thanks. But why do you think that "I don't get out much"?

Do you think all foreigners live near Sukhumvit? ????

I live more than 14 years in Bangkok and go out every day, but rarely come near Sukhumvit.

Outside the City center there are not much area's where they cleaned up this cable mess.

BTW, why didn't they post some photos of the cleaned up area or even include a simple map to show which areas are done?

Or do they expect that we all drive around Bangkok to take a look 555 :cheesy:

Archived