Thai Airways sneaks into Top Ten. Skytrax World’s Best Airlines Awards 2019.

webfact

18 hours ago, smedly said:

I'd like to see a nationality breakdown of the actual votes, Thais voting for Thai Airways is not going to cut it

Thais are not allowed opinions so they made no complaints about Thai Airways' stupid pricing.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, Kasane said:

It's not sneaked into the top 10. It's earned the right to be in the top 10 because of it's exemplary business acumen.

It got in because people who completed the surveys voted for it. Probably because they like the decor, comfort, service levels, cuisine and beverage offered and in flight entertainment.

5 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

No way in the World is Thai Airways in top ten ! Skytrax now lost all credibility !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I know this will be a surprise but you aren't the world's greatest expert on air travel and airlines. Nor is your opinion, of which you're perfectly entitled, likely to be considered of greater merit than the Skytrax results!

5 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Not sure I can think of one positive the last time I flew Thai (2014) from here to London apart from a few sexy stewardesses. I don't even look at their prices anymore. 

All down to individual preferences. I've flown several times with Thai over the last few years - Korea, HK, Philippines. All excellent flights and IMO better than the ones I took with Cathay Pacific whose business class is a shadow of what it used to be.

I don't see Etihad on the list which I find very surprising. I personally prefer them and think they're much better than Emirates. 

But that's just my experience. 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

It got in because people who completed the surveys voted for it. Probably because they like the decor, comfort, service levels, cuisine and beverage offered and in flight entertainment.

That too.

23 hours ago, CGW said:

least you don't have to walk far when bused in!

Except it is sometimes difficult for handicapped persons such as myself to get down the stairs and then have no wheelchair to get to the bus and beyond.  Incidentally, while not included in this "Top 10" list, China Eastern, at their hub at Pudong - which is a miserable airport to have to layover at, near Shanghai, often uses buses to transport passengers to and from the gate.

'nuf sed.

10 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

But you do understand that as paying customers, we are not required to make excuses for incompetence, right? 

In Thailand, there is incompetence every single place we look. And, if one asks an average Thai why something, anything is so poorly done, a ready excuse will usually be furnished. However, this attitude is one of the main reasons Thailand is so undeveloped. 

The airline is incompetent, as witnessed by its frequent changes of leadership, several of whom had no credentials to lead, its profitability problems despite being a top tourism destination, dropping off passengers, even long-haul passengers, onto a scorching hot tarmac to wait for sardine busses and its other management practices. Embarrassing. 

The airport is also incompetent for its inability to staff properly and improve immigration and those idiotic, poorly designed TM forms, questionable duty-free operations, poor, 1970s lighting, runway quality issues, lack of flooding protection, well known corruption in its construction, improper smoking facilities, on and on. 

Immigration procedures are also fairly incompetent with them unable to link databases so that residents here don't have to fill out yet another silly form and send via our landlords everytime we reenter the country. Embarrassing and frustrating. 

At a certain point, it's far easier to just consider the entire system of culture to be incompetent, rather than waste our lives looking for specific places to place blame.

I could spend the next 20 years making excuses for Thais, but what's the point? 

No? 

Wondering two things

What hold does Thai Airways have over Immigration procedures?

Seeing as you find so incompetent, why do you remain here, or is to make you look more competent by comparison?

These lists are 2 a penny and all different depending upon who is voting, there are dubious carriers on the list to say the least which then makes you wonder how seriously you take any of it.

When looking for a carrier I always look at the price, departure and arrival times and then look at the safety record, if you are putting your life in their hands do you trust them to maintain the plane correctly and do you trust the pilots to be of a high standard. I also prefer RR engines on the wings safe in the knowledge that RR in Derby monitor all their engines 24/7.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Wondering two things

What hold does Thai Airways have over Immigration procedures?

Seeing as you find so incompetent, why do you remain here, or is to make you look more competent by comparison?

This is not the West where organizations generally follow meticulous rules and laws; it's Asia where power comes from people in authority, following whatever they want at the time. 

If you have lived in Thailand for any length of time and think that the national flagship carrier's connected senior management would not be able to influence immigration, then I suggest you ask yourself why you think that. 

It's like saying "why do you think the military can just take over and rule the country, even though it's illegal?" 

On 6/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, Chelseafan said:

Dunno about the biz lounge but their first class lounge is probably one of the best. Not only that but they offer private check-in and a golf buggy to the lounge plus still have a smoking room.

And free 1 hour massages and buggy to immigration.  

On 6/19/2019 at 4:32 AM, Hayduke said:

Thai First Class passengers overwhelmingly selected Thai Airways as having the best completely free First Class seating made available to high level Thai government officials, Thai military generals and all of their family members.

A few years back before taking off to Tokyo the crew let several middle age Thai men come up to first class and take selfies in an empty seat.  Hilarious.  What wasn't hilarious was the middle age hiso Thai woman cutting her fingernails during the flight.

This is not the West where organizations generally follow meticulous rules and laws; it's Asia where power comes from people in authority, following whatever they want at the time. 

If you have lived in Thailand for any length of time and think that the national flagship carrier's connected senior management would not be able to influence immigration, then I suggest you ask yourself why you think that. 

It's like saying "why do you think the military can just take over and rule the country, even though it's illegal?" 

Yes this is why the whole skytrax survey is fake ! The airline would have influence over any survey

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived