Video: Pushing in and showing no driving manners at all!

webfact

Video: Pushing in and showing no driving manners at all!

10pmm.jpg

video screenshot

Dash cam footage on the We Love Pattaya page showed a driver trying to barge their way in in front of another car on a highway in the north of Thailand. 

A black car is fish-tailed by another vehicle after trying to push in. 

The media cited this as yet more impolite and impatient driving in Thailand. It was lucky there was not more damage or a more serious accident, they said.

They said it was the second time that this vehicle had exhibited such moves along this road. 

The footage came from Tawan Manfah who was driving between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai where there were some roadworks. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-19

Thai has no idea with driving manners on the roads here.  They just know they have to get ahead of you no matter what it takes including killing you and them or just breaking the law to get ahead.  An example is going into the right turn lane and then going straight to get ahead of traffic.

That is their mentality on motor bikes as well. Happens almost daily with me taking my daughter to and from school. They see it like a bunch of dogs that have to chase a car or bike. They just can't help themselves. Both of those drivers were extremely rude, but they were also in SUV's which empowers them to have bigger balls than they would normally have such as in a Prius.

16 minutes ago, Captain_Bob said:

Get out of the way for Mister "Do-You-Know-Who-I-Am?!?!" 

Lucky to just get a simple nudge rather than full-on crash. Som nam na ???? 

Sorry to hijack this slightly. The "Do You Know Who I Am" syndrome.

I remember reading about an airline booking clerk who was fed up with people trying to jump the queue for boarding.

When one guy shoved his way to the front of the queue demanding priority boarding, asking, "Do you know who I am?" the clerk immediately picked up the microphone and asked over the PA, "Does anyone here recognise this gentleman? I think he must be suffering from Alzheimers and has forgotten his name, as he keeps asking me if I know who he is."

The guy sat down and shut up.

it is all caused by root of lack of safe and considerate driving

get  people driving too slow and even rational drivers start to maneuver to get around.

That is why civilised countries ensure drivers understand about keeping up with the flow of traffic

SOM NOM NA!! 55555

I cant wait! 

I must be first!

I have a big car!

I am Thai! 

I am High-so with an inflated ego and a big head. 

Typical mind-set.

LOOSER!

Lose of face for the world to witness the stupidity.

Good!

I'm guessing a Thai was driving the Black Fortuna? He or she must have felt so stupid? Or maybe not! After all Thai cannot do wrong even when it comes to intentionally endangering other peoples lives. They cannot accept defeat, or wrong doing, much the same as the Thai man in Sisaket who recently tried to kill his family because he was too obsessed with gaming 24/7. Just another day in paradise.

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

That is their mentality on motor bikes as well. Happens almost daily with me taking my daughter to and from school. They see it like a bunch of dogs that have to chase a car or bike. They just can't help themselves. Both of those drivers were extremely rude, but they were also in SUV's which empowers them to have bigger balls than they would normally have such as in a Prius.

Following your logic shouldn't that be a Priapus?

Rooster

I drive here as if my life depends on it. Easy does it, as the other guy is in a hurry. Keep it simple for simpletons. He too shall pass. One road at a time. Let him be first. 

31 minutes ago, off road pat said:

How come I can never see the videos posted ???

Presumably because ThaiVisa wants to send you to Facebook. If you don't play Facebook you cannot see 80% of the videos referred to. I don't know why they do this. Is it monetized?

Years ago my driver (at the time) failed to react to drivers who braked hard so he get caught in it. Damage was was not that great but it really scared my wife (I was not in the car at the time). Once she fired the driver she had the damage repaired but in addition she had steel bumper material completely wrapped around the car. We may be in an accident but it will take a 10 wheeler to get through the steel protective barrier. I think we paid several thousand baht but have had many inquiries as to where we had the work done.

15 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

Years ago my driver (at the time) failed to react to drivers who braked hard so he get caught in it. Damage was was not that great but it really scared my wife (I was not in the car at the time). Once she fired the driver she had the damage repaired but in addition she had steel bumper material completely wrapped around the car. We may be in an accident but it will take a 10 wheeler to get through the steel protective barrier. I think we paid several thousand baht but have had many inquiries as to where we had the work done.

A photo would be nice ????

Sorry another highjack but it confirms the " i am important syndrome"

stood in a 7/11 Q everybody patiently waiting, but oh no in she comes  after  parking he MU and blocking 3 other cars, straight to the front of the Q with her loaf of bread, the staff didn't bat an eyelid snd proceeded to ring he loaf up, but neither reckoned on another female stood in front of me walked to the front of the Q and threw  her loaf of bread somewhere down buy  the noodle section, MU driver now being asked to move her car, walked across the road to Family Mart and then moved her car, the female who sorted her at the front of the Q asked me if that happens in my country, i explained only if you want your eyes dug out of your head, but i also explained that it was my opinion the fault lied with the 7/11 staff for allowing it, happy days.

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Sorry to hijack this slightly. The "Do You Know Who I Am" syndrome.

I remember reading about an airline booking clerk who was fed up with people trying to jump the queue for boarding.

When one guy shoved his way to the front of the queue demanding priority boarding, asking, "Do you know who I am?" the clerk immediately picked up the microphone and asked over the PA, "Does anyone here recognise this gentleman? I think he must be suffering from Alzheimers and has forgotten his name, as he keeps asking me if I know who he is."

The guy sat down and shut up.

Similar thing happened to me Years ago back in HR Uk.

The guy said to me " Dont you know who I am ? "

" No " said I " Do you know who I am ? "

" No " he replied.

" Well " said I" I guess that makes us the same, so F^&k off to the back of the que "

I encounter incidents not too dissimilar to this most days, & it requires a patience I didn't know I had.

Even today, in the town centre as I was at the fire daeng, some 'scunthorpe' overtook me. Unbelievable!

I do see a time though when I have to stop driving, not because of infirmity or dementia; I just won't have the extra reaction time that is needed here.

Archived