Video: Pushing in and showing no driving manners at all!

webfact

l have driven this road many and wanted to do this very thing to many drivers ,  often pushing them off the road entirely.  these types pass unconcerned with the danger they create by causing a headon in front of you or the need for them to cut back in within inches of my front bumper, only to find themselves behind a line of cars further on.  so don't try to sell the bs that both were rude, in my view.

looks like he took off to do some face saving with the other driver too, pity they didnt show what happened later on when they caught up, knowing how these idiots act after they get put in their place anything could have happened

I may be against the majority here but what I see from the video is a black car passing and a silver car accelerating because he doesn't like being passed. In my opinion, the driver of the silver car is 100% at fault for causing the accident as he actually drove into the black car. If someone had been killed, I would charge him with manslaughter.

Ha, for a second I thought it was me in the silver Honda, got exactly the same one.
This happened to me the last time multiple times between CM and Mae Sai,
constructions for the new beautiful roads and aggressive drivers without patience along the temporary 1 lane areas.

Both cars equally in the wrong. When one lane comes to an the cars should come together in an alternating fashion like a zipper. (Zipper Laning) This is faster and more efficient and is the law in many EU countries and provinces in Canada. That said this is not exactly what is happening here as one car in using the opposite lane to pass into the single lane narrowing. Yes, the passing car is driving in a inconsiderate manner but the nudging car could easily have avoided the collision. The car pulling in was clearly ahead. The nuging car driver is just as ignorant a driver as the passing car. Luckily there was no scooter riders caught up in the carnage. They may well have paid with their lives.

Just now, colinneil said:

Amazing Thailand, always amazes me that how come people here can be so polite/ considerate when meeting other people, then change into maniacs when getting behind the wheel of a vehicle.

I've often thought the same thing. It's very Jekyll and Hyde.

Perhaps it's down to not liking to argue face-to-face, but if you're in charge of a vehicle then you can hide behind the steering wheel and attempt to conquer the world?

20 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

An example is going into the right turn lane and then going straight to get ahead of traffic.

Just another example of ignorance - the "me first" mindset which is prevalent.  In the video the driver experienced instant karma and didn't gain any time.  Too bad the other vehicle didn't have a snowplow blade, or similar, on his vehicle - could have put the other vehicle into the scrap heap.

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Sorry to hijack this slightly. The "Do You Know Who I Am" syndrome.

I remember reading about an airline booking clerk who was fed up with people trying to jump the queue for boarding.

When one guy shoved his way to the front of the queue demanding priority boarding, asking, "Do you know who I am?" the clerk immediately picked up the microphone and asked over the PA, "Does anyone here recognise this gentleman? I think he must be suffering from Alzheimers and has forgotten his name, as he keeps asking me if I know who he is."

The guy sat down and shut up.

Good one.

I also like the

Do you know who my father is?

No sorry I don't, ask your mother, she might know.

49 minutes ago, Kasane said:

There are people with big ego's all over the world. In the West they settle this with a road rage shoot out. Drive safely. And may the Buddha be with you.

From very recent experience in UK I noticed especially on motorways where lane closures are all too common it was very unusual to find anyone waiting till the last minute to cut in. Maybe all those cameras do have a good effect on driving.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:16 PM, holy cow cm said:

That is their mentality on motor bikes as well. Happens almost daily with me taking my daughter to and from school. They see it like a bunch of dogs that have to chase a car or bike. They just can't help themselves. Both of those drivers were extremely rude, but they were also in SUV's which empowers them to have bigger balls than they would normally have such as in a Prius.

I see the same, daily. My daughter's school run as an hour each way. I can choose from 2 highways. Both are like war zones! I see at lest 3 bad accidents each week. Slow vehicles hogging the outside lane refusing to move over; people cutting in like this turd; people undertaking when the see an obstruction in the outside lane to 'get in front'; people swerving all over the lanes to get in front; people who signal and move and expect everyone to break or get out of their way; people who pull out right in front of you from a side street as if they have right of way; motorists who are texting, talking or messing with their phones; motorists who seem to be away with the fairies and have no idea what's going on around them!

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I see the same, daily. My daughter's school run as an hour each way. I can choose from 2 highways. Both are like war zones! I see at lest 3 bad accidents each week. Slow vehicles hogging the outside lane refusing to move over; people cutting in like this turd; people undertaking when the see an obstruction in the outside lane to 'get in front'; people swerving all over the lanes to get in front; people who signal and move and expect everyone to break or get out of their way; people who pull out right in front of you from a side street as if they have right of way; motorists who are texting, talking or messing with their phones; motorists who seem to be away with the fairies and have no idea what's going on around them!

And to sum it all up as this is the general Thai way is unbelievable. This can't be taught but is acquired by street conditioning. Dad has son in car or on motorbike and drives insane and rude and no true common sense for how it should be. Son learns that way how to drive or ride from dad, and so on and so on.. And it doesn't matter where you are in Thailand as it is all the same everywhere. Actually except Bangkok people do take a little bit more of the cake though. Maybe more of an air of superiority?

On 6/19/2019 at 12:05 PM, Mango Bob said:

Thai has no idea with driving manners on the roads here.  They just know they have to get ahead of you no matter what it takes including killing you and them or just breaking the law to get ahead.  An example is going into the right turn lane and then going straight to get ahead of traffic.

happens many times here and what do they actually gain....NOTHING...only that THEY have beaten YOU !!

I guess the posters who are not used to drive on Thai roads would do the same as the silver car. If you want to survive, you need to swallow your ego and let the black car move in. In Belgium (so I guess same rule all over Europe) you must continue as the black car did and according to the same rule the silver car must give way.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

22 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Presumably because ThaiVisa wants to send you to Facebook. If you don't play Facebook you cannot see 80% of the videos referred to. I don't know why they do this. Is it monetized?

Thank you for this information !!!

best regards.

On 6/20/2019 at 7:36 AM, bluesofa said:

I've often thought the same thing. It's very Jekyll and Hyde.

Perhaps it's down to not liking to argue face-to-face, but if you're in charge of a vehicle then you can hide behind the steering wheel and attempt to conquer the world?

A bit like posters here on TV hiding behind their keyboards.   LOL

Archived