BANGKOK 19 July 2019 03:13
DonDoRondo

Da Nang, Vietnam - quality of life observations please?

I'm also in Chiang Mai and April I escaped to Vietnam. You won't have any issues regarding air quality in that coastal area and all the way north until you approach Hanoi where it won't be so great but still far from what Chiang Mai experienced this season.

Cant help with other issues.

• Like 1

Be interested also

Viet People are very friendly and cooperative, renting condos are more expensive compared to those in major cities in Thailand, Grab Taxis are widely used, climate 1-2 degrees hotter than Pattaya, the commercial centers in Dan Nang I have visited are not very attractive...plenty of tourists everywhere...be careful with the traffic...I would have transferred to Da Nang if Europeans were eligibles for a 1 year visa....Have fun in Da Nang....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

Viet People are very friendly and cooperative, renting condos are more expensive compared to those in major cities in Thailand, Grab Taxis are widely used, climate 1-2 degrees hotter than Pattaya, the commercial centers in Dan Nang I have visited are not very attractive...plenty of tourists everywhere...be careful with the traffic...I would have transferred to Da Nang if Europeans were eligibles for a 1 year visa....Have fun in Da Nang....

What is the difference for you between a 1  year visa and or a 3 months visa that your agent extends 4 x in a year for you?

Are you saying Danang is hotter climate than Pattaya?

• Like 1

Can someone provide that "better link" to the greater information on Vietnam, Da Nang, ect?

I'm in the last 60 days of 9 yrs here in Udon and hoping to make a smooth landing there around Auguest or sooner. I love being near the waters, as I lived in South Florida for many years. Can anyone suggest, what would be the best bang for the buck , to be close to the water..away from hustle and bustle a bit and not be away from all english speakers? Thanks in advance. BTW, I enjoy simple living, street foods and common people...nothing fancy. Thanks

• Like 2

These extensions are too expensive unless your agent is doing it at a low price. In accordance to historical weather statistics the climate is slightly hotter than Pattaya...Dan Nang is extending some bus lines and this may helps at some point to change from taxis to bus. Despite tourism in Da Nang the public area counts with only a few signposting in english language...but you may ask to help out one of the super nice vietgirls... Of sure there are also noisy places but I never had to call the housemaster. The dogs are friendly they prefer not to call the attention or they will end in the food pots of a restaurant...The condos are not as sophisticated as in Thailand (unless you ask and pay for it) and often poorly soundproofed...I do not know about Chiang Mai but in Pattaya you find street restaurants throughout the city every 20 mts. I missed this in Da Nang. Take care...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

There are several other Vietnam threads running atm with lots of followers and good knowledge available  from members are you aware of that?

Thank you.  At various times I've done searches on this website for Da Nang and haven't come

up with much. Could you point these Da Nang specific threads out to me?  

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, DonDoRondo said:

What is the situation with street dogs - safe to walk side streets without fear of being bitten? 

They eat them.  There are no stray dogs.

Lots of motorcycles, fewer cars.  They don't speed like the idiots here.  Air is mostly good.

Food is bland compared to Thailand.

Happy Endings are hard to find.  Suggest you find out how Vietnamese women operate compared to Thais.  

Hint: The majority would be offended if you offered them money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DonDoRondo said:

Thank you.  At various times I've done searches on this website for Da Nang and haven't come

up with much. Could you point these Da Nang specific threads out to me?  

Pattaya versus DaNang and the winner is? That is a running thread

• Confused 1