Re entry permits wait times in Bangkok ?

If one goes into Jomtien immigration office to get / apply for a re entry or multi re entry permit the wait time is quite fast even on busy days I have found .

With that said what is the time it takes to get this done in Bangkok and what is the best time to go ? Getting at airport last minute seems risky now with such delays and long lines there so getting this well in advance of travel days seems always to be best . Are there any local offices or visa service shops that can do it for you like a 90 reporting check in do one does not have to go out to that immigration office that is far from the center of town ? Thanks for any comments or information.

The waiting times at airport is separate issue to reentry permit. The REP process is quick and easy. Have your tm28 all filled in and with photo. Its a breeze. 

Time spent getting permit at CW needs to include time getting there and back apart from time at cw. No brainer IMO

My experience is that it is 1-2 hours at CW, once it took almost 3 hours.

Recently I have done it at the airports and it is very quick... I've probably done it 6 times and never waited more than 10 minutes.

The only reason I would ever do it at CW again would be if I knew I was leaving using a land border.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can save a lot of time a Chaeng Wattana by making an appointment online for the re-entry permit.

Site: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term

Good grief, I tried to open the above link and received a message that it can only be opened with Internet Explorer. I haven't used IE for at least ten years, nor do I even have it installed on my Macbook. Are these people for real?

1 minute ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Good grief, I tried to open the above link and received a message that it can only be opened with Internet Explorer. I haven't used IE for at least ten years, nor do I even have it installed on my Macbook. Are these people for real?

Yes, hardly a shining example of keeping up to date.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

On Safari you can set up a user agent for IE. See: https://www.dummies.com/web-design-development/how-to-activate-user-agent-switcher-in-safari/

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, hardly a shining example of keeping up to date.

Online 90 day reporting was the same way until they made some changes.

With Widows you can use IE tab to emulate IE. See: https://www.ietab.net/

I have it set up as an extension on Chrome with a IE tab folder for the 90 day reporting and etc.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Online 90 day reporting was the same way until they made some changes.

With Widows you can use IE tab to emulate IE. See: https://www.ietab.net/

I have it set up as an extension on Chrome with a IE tab folder for the 90 day reporting and etc.

I've now got it to open in Safari, following the link you provided above. Thanks again.

I saw the same thing [emoji37]

3 hours ago, Lumbini said:

I saw the same thing emoji37.png

Did you read my post about it?

On 6/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, ubonjoe said:

And this one.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, PerkinsCuthbert said:

I've now got it to open in Safari, following the link you provided above. Thanks again.