PM calls on people to pay attention to ASEAN Summit

webfact

PM calls on people to pay attention to ASEAN Summit

5ee4c1cd6b074b71fc8cad9fae20e2b8_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 19 June 2019(NNT) - Thailand is hosting the 34th ASEAN Summit and venues and security measures have been prepared. Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha called on the people to pay attention to the ASEAN Summit.

As chair of ASEAN this year, Gen. Prayut said every Thai should pay attention to the Summit, which will impact Thailand’s future. At issue are security, economic and social affairs of the ASEAN community and measures to cope with the trade war. As chair of ASEAN, Thailand is steering the next ASEAN meeting, scheduled for the end of this year. Over 180 smaller meetings are scheduled throughout this year.

Leaders of the 10 ASEAN member states are scheduled to attend the 34th ASEAN Summit at The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Bangkok, and at more than 10 other venues. The ASEAN flags and Summit symbol have been prepared by officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs while police are patrolling around the venues and rollingp out security measures.

The Summit is scheduled to begin tomorrow with a meeting of the ASEAN permanent representatives followed by a meeting of senior ASEAN officials on Friday. The ASEAN leaders are scheduled to be at the Summit on Sunday.

Members of the media can use the press center at Grand Center Point Hotel where computers, communication equipment and a parking lot for TV vehicles are provided. The press center opens today. Members of the media who have registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are strictly screened for security reasons.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-19

1 hour ago, webfact said:

As chair of ASEAN, Thailand is steering the next ASEAN meeting, 

Hope he's better at steering than a lot of the pop' .. Anyone see that cruise liner crash into the dock at ( I think ) Venice last week t'was on the news .. Why does that keep springing to mind .. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Over 180 smaller meetings are scheduled throughout this year.

Tuck in chaps .. 

I don't know about you, but I (vicariously, for the Thais, as it were) am sick and tired to my back teeth of being constantly lectured, exhorted, admonished and bossed around by this man - told what to think, what to do, what to read, what to say, what to wear, what to  - well, just about everything.

I am sure there are many Thais who will now make it a point of principle always to do the very OPPOSITE of what this person tries to force and foist upon them!

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is steering the next ASEAN meeting

It is doubtful that Thailand will have much influence on Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore or Vietnam.  They will wish to steer clear of cha cha's Thailand.  A wonderfully nationalistic notion steeped in deep delusion. 

What Uncle Number One really means…is he would like ASEAN to see the streets filled with delirious demonstrations of the love he enjoys from the ‘democratically happy’ Thai people....

NK001.jpg

Something like this would do nicely....

Maybe Prayut himself should listen and act upon issues decided by ASEAN, such as the abolition of import taxes on most goods from member nations! Where is the duty-free beer from Laos and Vietnam? Why are Malaysian-made Volvos not sold at Thai car prices? Etc.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

As chair of ASEAN this year, Gen. Prayut said every Thai should pay attention to the Summit, which will impact Thailand’s future.

Sure, just as you wanted them to pay attention to all the other candidates (who you allowed to campaign against you for about 24 hours) in the March 24 rigged election.

Yes Sir, we'll do as you say. 555

I am assuming Prayut is going to the chair the ASEAN summit in Thai as he is unable to converse in the official language of it. 

I can already picture how awkward he must look doing something like this and I would love to see video evidence. A charlatan far out of his depth, whereas someone like Thanathorn would be comfortable and confident. 

16 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And why doesn't he pay attention to the fact the real majority of students and people do not like him or want his crooked cheating double standard ways running Thailand. 

I was just going to say that he be better off saying "Pay Attetion you people and learn how to cheat in elections like i did"

Pay attention....but don't say anything. And as soon as he negotiates away any favorable deals to Thailand it will be a 180 turn to "why are you paying attention to things you do not understand?" But any educated observer will know who doesn't understand.

Archived