BANGKOK 18 July 2019 10:06
myjawe

Chicken carcass for dogs, any solution to break them easily ?

hi,

dogs eat BARF raw food, but it's not easy to break chicken carcass or feet.

Do you have a solution, or any machine that could help ?

thanks.

A hammer ?.....

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Should not give chicken on the bone to dogs as the bones splinter easily and can choke the dog.   This goes for any form of cooked chicken on the bone.

With fish bones it is also a risk.

I was advised by the vet of my last dog that not feedning chicken bones to dogs came from a time when chickens took a lot longer to grow and their bones became more dense.

These days with current farming techniques and chicken breeds, the bones are a lot softer and yield more instead of splintering.

Take it with a dash of fish sauce but it sounds plausible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

Should not give chicken on the bone to dogs as the bones splinter easily and can choke the dog.   This goes for any form of cooked chicken on the bone.

With fish bones it is also a risk.

I said RAW Food, and it seems that this is now the questions asked. I also think that I do not need any help to know how to feel my dogs well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

I was advised by the vet of my last dog that not feedning chicken bones to dogs came from a time when chickens took a lot longer to grow and their bones became more dense.

These days with current farming techniques and chicken breeds, the bones are a lot softer and yield more instead of splintering.

Take it with a dash of fish sauce but it sounds plausible.

There is clearly no problem to feed dogs with bones, or the whole web would be retarded.

But of course nobody with a brain feeds any cooked bones to dogs.

Posted (edited)

Had 8 huskies for years and they had no problem eating whole raw chicken. No need to break it down unless you have a chiwawa or something. 

Edit: If you really need to chop them then freeze them and use a machete, axe or heavy butcher knife. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

I have six soi dogs, one we were given as a pup and five orphans, rejects and cast outs.  Chicken carcass we boil and steam to make it easier with the cleaver, then cook cheap broken rice c22bt/kilo in the resulting broth, never waste a calory.  Those brown patties of chicken blood, very cheap, go down well too.   These are tough dogs,  beautifully natured, occasional strong discipline required.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

Had 8 huskies for years and they had no problem eating whole raw chicken. No need to break it down unless you have a chiwawa or something. 

Edit: If you really need to chop them then freeze them and use a machete, axe or heavy butcher knife. 

I used the machete and its very difficult anyway.

I break them to mix with vegetables, or maybe you have another solution to push them to eat vegs also ? Meat is not enough.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, nanglong218 said:

I have six soi dogs, one we were given as a pup and five orphans, rejects and cast outs.  Chicken carcass we boil and steam to make it easier with the cleaver, then cook cheap broken rice c22bt/kilo in the resulting broth, never waste a calory.  Those brown patties of chicken blood, very cheap, go down well too.   These are tough dogs,  beautifully natured, occasional strong discipline required.

Not useful and good to cook bones and carcass.

2 minutes ago, myjawe said:

Not useful and good to cook bones and carcass.

Give us the reason please

Just now, nanglong218 said:

Give us the reason please

check the web, no bone should be cooked, everybody know shits. Very easy.

14 minutes ago, nanglong218 said:

Hi, we cook the chicken carcass in the rice cooker with the cracked rice. 

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

A hammer ?.....

regards worgeordie

A hungry farang ,  would  devour it .  gbp 39 , and expected to fall .555

• Haha 2

It scared me when I stripped the backbone from a Sea Perch and it was snatched from my hand and gone in a flash.   Perhaps your's is a town dog. My initial searches show nothing about the shits but then I don't know where these dogs crap, out in a field somewhere......    I'll count  them in the morning to see how many are still alive.

• Haha 1