Surin family begs for murdered daughter’s return from Portugal

webfact

Surin family begs for murdered daughter’s return from Portugal

By Wichit Chunhakitkhajorn 
The Nation

4baab7b376aab9b8bf051352d1a6e0f3-sld.jpe

The Surin family of a 41-year-old female masseuse who was murdered and dismembered in Portugal in March called for the authorities to transport her remains back to Thailand for religious rites.

"We've been waiting for more than three months. My 76-year-old mother is getting sick out of grief, crying every day and being unable to sleep or eat well," said the victim's elder sister, Somwang Jai-ngam, 46. 

She said the brutal murder of Natchaya Jenjob, a key provider for the family, led to the death of their 86-year-old father Miad Jenjob on April 14. 

The family said it was told the Royal Thai Embassy would provide an update on the body’s transport later.

"We want her body returned to Thailand for religious rites but that involved a lot of money which our family, which is already struggling to make ends meet on daily basis, couldn't afford," the elder sister said. "We wish the authorities would speed up the process to bring her home and to punish the murderer. 

“There is no progress, just a phone call from my brother saying it may take another six months because the rest of her remains had not been found," she said.

Natchaya travelled to work overseas two years ago and had been supporting her family in Thailand. Her head was found on March 7 at the Leca da Palmeira beach in the north of Portugal and her female compatriot, with whom Natchaya reportedly partnered in running a massage parlour, was later arrested and confessed to the brutal murder and dismemberment of Natchaya over a dispute over €10,000.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30371379

thenation_logo.jpg

6 minutes ago, Razek said:

It would never happen to you because your daughter has lernt to borrow money and bring it back

But this lady lernt to be crook

You must not have any children.

I dont know what lead to this poor girls demise. Whatever the circumstances  I dont think it makes any difference to the pain a parent feels. 

Yes of course I feel for the pain and suffering of the family but did the lady have adequate insurance for her travel to Portugal?

We read on this forum about non-existent medical insurance for foreigners who have succumbed to either an accident or death, but not a mention of this in the case of a Thai national.  I guess she wasn't insured.

RIP

This story is incomplete; read the "fine print" as

..... her female compatriot (i.e. also a Thai national), with whom Natchaya reportedly partnered in running a massage parlour, was later arrested and confessed to the brutal murder and dismemberment of Natchaya over a dispute over €10,000 .....
unquote

Is the legal proceeding against the unknown "partner" completed and finished, what was the dispute all about? The murder happened in Oporto, Northern Portugal (which is much easier to understand than Leça da Palmeira and, until the murder case is solved it might be possible that the Portuguese authorities keep the evidence for whatever reason.

Yet another Thai life got wasted - one would have to ask the question, why a 40+ Surin woman has to travel 13'000kms (one way that is) to work in a massage so to feed the rest of the family back home. Financially speaking it must have been the best possible solution - one would assume. I've seen too many families sitting around and waiting for the cash to be transferred in from far-away countries by the (mostly) daughters and sons of Siam - how sad! There would be plenty of work in Thailand but the grass is usually greener on the other side of the fence. RIP Khon Surin ????

20 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Yet another Thai life got wasted - one would have to ask the question, why a 40+ Surin woman has to travel 13'000kms (one way that is) to work in a massage so to feed the rest of the family back home. Financially speaking it must have been the best possible solution - one would assume. I've seen too many families sitting around and waiting for the cash to be transferred in from far-away countries by the (mostly) daughters and sons of Siam - how sad! There would be plenty of work in Thailand but the grass is usually greener on the other side of the fence. RIP Khon Surin

European countries pay much better than local massage shops here in Thailand, why do you think so many are heading out from Thailand into south Korea at the moment.

17 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Why the obsession with dead bodies? they will only cremated it so cremate it first then send it back, very cheap solution.

" You no undertand "

17 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Why the obsession with dead bodies? they will only cremated it so cremate it first then send it back, very cheap solution.

Are you really so lacking in understanding of Thai culture and religious observance, as well as in compassion?

5 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Are you really so lacking in understanding of Thai culture and religious observance, as well as in compassion?

Compassion as nothing to do with it, anyone needing bodies returning on planes at enormous expense, Thai or not,  are foolish. Buddhism does not require bodies to be pawed over, but then Thais are not real Buddhists. Burn and send, she's dead!

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

European countries pay much better than local massage shops here in Thailand, why do you think so many are heading out from Thailand into south Korea at the moment.

In the past, South Koreans went for haircuts three times a week - now they frequent Thai massage parlours ........ assume it is the same in Portugal although I never saw a Thai massage when I was there!

23 hours ago, sirineou said:

How sad for the Parents.

As a father I can't imagine their grief. If something like this happened to me I don't think I would survive it. 

The authorities need to help these people.

I'll hope to see your similar remarks on frequent similar happenings to farangs in Thailand. ????

12 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I'll hope to see your similar remarks on frequent similar happenings to farangs in Thailand. ????

Regardless of nationality 

All life is precious

Most parents love their children

On 6/19/2019 at 10:51 AM, webfact said:

was later arrested and confessed to the brutal murder and dismemberment of Natchaya over a dispute over €10,000

those €10,000 where are they? they are more than enough to transport  back to surin whatever part  was found from the murdered poor lady

Archived