Blinking TV

madmen

I have a 3 year old  TCL 55" tv  (never again !) Piece of junk that has given me problems from day 1. Anyhow the latest being its now Blinking on and off approx 1 second on 1 second off.

The only thing that is a temp fix is to restart the TV and thats stops the blinking for 10 minutes but then it starts again

1. Ive tried using a different wall socket

2. Turning tv off , unplugging it and holding the power button on for 30 secs and restart

3. Settings/ restore to default

Nothing is working, any ideas what could be wrong?

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Oh yeah I intend to now that 4k smart Tvs are much cheaper but I still want to fix this one as I use it for gaming/monitor

I had a 55" Samsung 4k UHD fail after 15 months, they couldn't repair it, total write off.

Samsung has a class action going against them in Oz for their constant and frequent failures.

I won't be buying another Samsung product of any kind.

So the big boys aren't any better.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:07 PM, BritManToo said:

I had a 55" Samsung 4k UHD fail after 15 months, they couldn't repair it, total write off.

Samsung has a class action going against them in Oz for their constant and frequent failures.

I won't be buying another Samsung product of any kind.

My 55in Samsung has worked perfectly since I bought it 8 years ago. In fact I keep rather hoping it would break down as that would give me an excuse to buy the 75in one I fancy.

On 6/19/2019 at 4:16 PM, BobBKK said:

Buy a real brand and don't be keeniow that's what the problem is.

Do you imagine "real brands" never fail? TCL has been around for quite a while now and if you look at the reviews they get pretty high praise.

Archived