Will they accept 10 months proof of income after converting Tourist visa to non O and finally to extension of stay

If i go to Vietnam get a tourist visa come back to Chiang mai, convert it to a O visa at Chiang mai immigration i believe it is good for 90 days then 30 days before it runs out convert it to a extension of stay .

But my question is if i do this i will have a total of 10 months proof of income 65000Bht Being deposited in a Thai bank via International transfers,

would i get declined as it is only 10 months (The new rules say 12 Months)

Regards

TB

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since it will be your first extension the 10 month will certainly be accepted. For the first extension the rules state one month can be accepted.

Well it wont be my first extension i had a problem applying for a renewal a few months ago I had been using the UK proof of income to acquire previous Extensions ( But as you  know all that changed) so i could only show 4 months Transfers of the 65000, from Jan to April,

i had 2 -3 years transfers of 65000 in Kasikorn but because i was using Transferwise the 65000 did not show up as a international transfer so i started using Bangkok Bank where they did, but consequently only had 4 months to show by the time my extension was due to be renewed, any thoughts?

Regards

TB

17 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

Well it wont be my first extension i had a problem applying for a renewal a few months ago I had been using the UK proof of income to acquire previous Extensions ( But as you  know all that changed) so i could only show 4 months Transfers of the 65000, from Jan to April,

I will be your first extension since you will have a new 90 day entry from a visa to extend.

They should of accepted the 4 months you had when you applied for your extension. 

26 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

Hold up, the new rules didn't start until March 1, so how can they ask for 12 months only 1 months into the policy? 

Edited by BoBoTheClown

13 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

Hold up, the new rules didn't start until March 1, so how can they ask for 12 months only 1 months into the policy? 

The rules for income came into effect in December and are only for those from 3 countries that cannot get proof of income anymore from their embassy.

March 1st was when the new rules for the money in the bank option went into effect.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules for income came into effect in December and are only for those from 3 countries that cannot get proof of income anymore from their embassy.

March 1st was when the new rules for the money in the bank option went into effect.

Nevermind 

Edited by BoBoTheClown

Just now, BoBoTheClown said:

So, how can they ask to see 12 months of income into a Thai bank if the policies are less than 12 months old? 

They have been told to accept less in a memorandum from the head of the Immigration Bureau at the time in December.

That is why I wrote they should accept the 4 months in an earlier post.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I will be your first extension since you will have a new 90 day entry from a visa to extend.

They should of accepted the 4 months you had when you applied for your extension. 

Yes i thought they should have accepted the 4 months but..

The immigration officer presented me with a list showing the requirements (See Attachment) that seemed to indicate the 65000Bht had to be pension income rather than what i figured to be as shown in the other document (See attachment again) just a income regardless where it come from. 

Looking at the list (Attachment) it says documents to show an income of not less than 65000 SUCH AS, then it goes on to give examples SUCH AS pension income, looking back on it i think she must have interpreted it wrongly and in doing so has caused me no amount of problems.

Border run for a 30 day exempt, then a 30 day extension 1900 bht  then a  7 day extension 1900 bht until i go back to the Uk.

Once in the UK apply for a tourist visa 25 UK Pounds, come back convert that to a 90 day 0 at immigration then 30 days before that runs out apply for the extension, what a load of faffing about LOL.

Yes i know i should have tried to explain the wording Such as but i really did not realise until i got home and started looking at it in detail.

Regards

TB

Requirement for extension of stay.jpg

14 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

Border run for a 30 day exempt, then a 30 day extension 1900 bht  then a  7 day extension 1900 bht until i go back to the Uk.

Once in the UK apply for a tourist visa 25 UK Pounds, come back convert that to a 90 day 0 at immigration then 30 days before that runs out apply for the extension, what a load of faffing about LOL.

Immigration was told in a memorandum done in December to be flexible and to accept less than 12 months of of transfers this year.

You can apply for the non immigrant visa at immigration with a 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration was told in a memorandum done in December to be flexible and to accept less than 12 months of of transfers this year.

You can apply for the non immigrant visa at immigration with a 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it.

Wasn't the person doing the "telling" Big Joke?

24 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Wasn't the person doing the "telling" Big Joke?

Yes but that does not matter. The directive is still valid. They do not end when a new commissioner is appointed.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes but that does not matter. The directive is still valid. They do not end when a new commissioner is appointed.

Lots of laws are valid. It's whether they get enforced, or not. This one still needs be proven. I know Phuket immigration have said, no flexibility.

• Like 1

You should go to Chiang Mai Immigration tomorrow and see if you can get a Non-Imm O visa.  Since your extension was denied in April there have been changes at CM IO.  A CM visa agent reported at the end of May that the 65k monthly income does not have to be from a pension (see link).   Another poster said his friend did a "dry run" and was told by CM IO that they are showing leniency this year for the first extension following the rule changes.

You may get another no, but it is worth trying.

@tigerbalm

Without going into detail, I have a friend in a very similar position.

Immigration advised he obtain a Tourist Visa nearby, then provided he can show them 2 monthly transfers of 65K into his Thai bank they will convert to Non O.

For the subsequent extension they want to see 5 monthly transfers of 65K.

• Thanks 1

[mention=61723]tigerbalm[/mention]

Immigration advised he obtain a Tourist Visa nearby, then provided he can show them 2 monthly transfers of 65K into his Thai bank they will convert to Non O.
Chiang Mai?

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:
[mention=61723]tigerbalm[/mention]

Chiang Mai?

No, Roi Et.

CM have changed their stance a little since April.

The OP should try again before going out to start again.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi Joe.

Well your reply gave me some hope so i decided to go to the Immigration office 

The first hurdle was i did not have 21 days left on my extension, no problem i said i will do another border run and get my second 30 day exempt (Only two in one year allowed )

Then gave me this form (Attachment) and then continued to point out that i can not use the embassy letter because the UK Embassy does not issue them any more. (Yes i know that)

Ok i said i will use the 65000 bht international  transfer being transferred every month method.

No you can not if your embassy doesn't issue a income statement then that part is null and void, you have to get  (Apart from the 800,000 bht in a Thai bank method that i don't have) a Non O from a Thai embassy or consulate and use the 65000 bht method where you show it is being transferred in to a Thai bank every month (plus a medical certificate and a police criminal record clearance certificate and all the other paraphernalia that goes with it)  what ive been told just doesn't seem correct, if it made sense then ok i cold except it, but it doesn't.

Also on the attachment what does it mean when it says 5.3 A document proving foreign remittance or  or what! lol

I am glad this has all come about because i was planning to go home to get a Tourist Visa with the intention of converting to Non O and finally Extension of stay at Chiang mai immigration but that now seems would have been a complete waste of time under the circumstances.

I would be grateful for your opinion Does the information i was given seem correct in you view?

418419978_Non0requirements.thumb.jpg.6c9d6f90db9c11657f0a556f372f90f7.jpg

The guy who was telling me all this was the same guy that turned down my original Extension renewal because the Income from overseas transfers) was not a pension income)

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

@tigerbalm

Yes was this Chiang Mai?

Sorry i realise now the question was answered It was Roi Et

Edited by tigerbalm
did not see the answer

2 hours ago, SEtonal said:

You should go to Chiang Mai Immigration tomorrow and see if you can get a Non-Imm O visa.  Since your extension was denied in April there have been changes at CM IO.  A CM visa agent reported at the end of May that the 65k monthly income does not have to be from a pension (see link).   Another poster said his friend did a "dry run" and was told by CM IO that they are showing leniency this year for the first extension following the rule changes.

You may get another no, but it is worth trying.

Hi 

Yes i did try it please see my post #21 It was worth trying but i just got the feeling i was given misleading information by the same officer that gave me misleading information before LOL

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

Also on the attachment what does it mean when it says 5.3 A document proving foreign remittance or  or what! lol

A bank statement showing International transfers from your foreign bank into your Thai bank.

Ok i said i will use the 65000 bht international  transfer being transferred every month method.

No you can not if your embassy doesn't issue a income statement then that part is null and void, you have to get  (Apart from the 800,000 bht in a Thai bank method that i don't have) a Non O from a Thai embassy or consulate and use the 65000 bht method where you show it is being transferred in to a Thai bank every month

I was told the same thing at Jomtien a couple days ago. Consistency at last...

1 hour ago, tigerbalm said:

No you can not if your embassy doesn't issue a income statement then that part is null and void, you have to get  (Apart from the 800,000 bht in a Thai bank method that i don't have) a Non O from a Thai embassy or consulate and use the 65000 bht method where you show it is being transferred in to a Thai bank every month (plus a medical certificate and a police criminal record clearance certificate and all the other paraphernalia that goes with it)  what ive been told just doesn't seem correct, if it made sense then ok i cold except it, but it doesn't.

You appear to be confused on a few issues.

For an extension based on retirement the financial requirements are basically;

800K deposited in a Thai bank, OR

65K monthly International transfers, OR

Combination of funds and income totalling 800K, OR

An Embassy Income letter.

For a Non O Visa, there is no requirement for a criminal record check or medical certificate.

Those requirements are for the Non Imm O-A Visa.

You appear to be confused on a few issues.

For an extension based on retirement the financial requirements are basically;

800K deposited in a Thai bank, OR

65K monthly International transfers, OR

Combination of funds and income totalling 800K, OR

An Embassy Income letter.

For a Non O Visa, there is no requirement for a criminal record check or medical certificate.

Those requirements are for the Non Imm O-A Visa.

Hi

Yes you are correct on your last point (Ive Highlighted it) I should have Said Non O/A (Apologies)

But on the other point which is also correct, only if one was renewing an existing extension of stay.

I was trying to convert a 30 day extension to a O visa at the immigration office with the intention of converting that to a extension of stay which is quite common, i did it back in 2010.

But according to the form i was given today see my post #21 it doesn't mention any thing about 65K monthly International transfers

Regards

TB

• Thanks 1

A bank statement showing International transfers from your foreign bank into your Thai bank.

Well that makes sense but why when i said to him in absence of the UK embassy letter of proof of income (Which we both agreed that the Uk along with a few others had stopped issuing them) ok then i will use the International transfers from my foreign bank into my Thai bank.

He then went on to say

No you can not if your embassy doesn't issue a income statement then that part is null and void, you have to get a non 0 (He probably meant NON O-A) from a Thai embassy or consulate.

I wish i had been on the ball at the time and mentioned to him, hey look here it says on the document  5.3 A document proving foreign remittance or

if it means as you seem to imply ( Which makes sense) providing proof of International transfers (proving foreign remittance) then i would assume i could go this route  ie give them the Thai bank statements showing income from overseas or failing that OR if i was a citizen from a country where there embassy were still issuing income letters go that route

It would make more sense if the form read what you need to do is 5.3 provide proof of a monthly income of 65000  Or

A letter from your Embassy showing a monthly pension not not less than 65000 per month.

The whole form if you read it does not make sense it is confusing to say the least (Well to me any way) LoL

I might have to go back and ask him what exactly does that mean (5.3 A document proving foreign remittance or)

Regards

TB

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Since it will be your first extension the 10 month will certainly be accepted. For the first extension the rules state one month can be accepted.

@ubonjoe Is that first extension after the rule change or first extension for an expiring visa? I've been here 8 years and only this March set up a bank account to do the transfers. My extension expires 25 Dec but I usually do the new extension about 45 days ahead of time. If I do it ahead, I will have 9 months of deposits or 10 months if I do it in December. 

David