Will they accept 10 months proof of income after converting Tourist visa to non O and finally to extension of stay

4 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

@ubonjoe Is that first extension after the rule change or first extension for an expiring visa? I've been here 8 years and only this March set up a bank account to do the transfers. My extension expires 25 Dec but I usually do the new extension about 45 days ahead of time. If I do it ahead, I will have 9 months of deposits or 10 months if I do it in December. 

This year only 9 or 10 months should be accepted but it will depend upon your local immigration office.

They are supposed to accept less 12 months this year when you are on extension of stay already.

The first extension rule is only if you are getting your first extension of a 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

• Like 1

So what if i may ask are you going to do as i am in the same boat Regards TB

The fact that 2 immigration offices said the same thing (my jaw dropped when she told me) means somehow it's being passed round the offices.  I'll most likely use an agent 21,000 for 15 months or the immigration office offered to do it for 20,000 a couple days ago.

This also seems to mean they don't accept income method anymore for Brits, Aussies, American's, can't be right surely?

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The fact that 2 immigration offices said the same thing (my jaw dropped when she told me) means somehow it's being passed round the offices.  I'll most likely use an agent 21,000 for 15 months or the immigration office offered to do it for 20,000 a couple days ago.

This also seems to mean they don't accept income method anymore for Brits, Aussies, American's, can't be right surely?

Well if the immigration offered to do it what if you don't mind be asking what are they going to use if one is being told you can not use the income method or come to that what will the visa agent going to ask for in the way of documentation.

Regards

TB

We were told to get a BKK bank statement and BKK bank account direct deposit credit advice statement showing monthly incomes from overseas along with copy of my pension letter (2 pensions) showing showing the income and all the other married documents and Chiangmai would accept less than 12 months this year only. Using income method of 40,000+/Mo. So with right docs, looks like they are trying to accommodate the first year. Changing from retired to married visa. I will have 8 months out of 12 well above the required for married extension. Key was proof of monthly income (without affidavit) and the two statements from BKK direct deposit account. All marriage documents and changes of address are now finished.

Edited by Danthai

Well if the immigration offered to do it what if you don't mind be asking what are they going to use if one is being told you can not use the income method or come to that what will the visa agent going to ask for in the way of documentation.

Regards

TB

Jomtien Immigration said they will transfer in and out the 800k to my bank account, same as the agents arrange. Basically they just arrange for it to be signed off. I've heard reports that sometimes they don't even bother with the 800k.

They could show leniency to us and others but they don't want to as they want their tea money along with the rest of the office.

It's not even leniency really they just need to allow people to follow the rules.

Let us know how you get on. I don't need to do mine until early December

On 6/19/2019 at 5:45 PM, ubonjoe said:

Since it will be your first extension the 10 month will certainly be accepted. For the first extension the rules state one month can be accepted.

Yep - should be ok.  Just a word of warning: - It can depend on which immigration office you attend as they all have a degree of autonomy when it comes to Thai law interpretation. Go to that office as early as you can and ask them what do they require.

I am fortunate as I get on well with my local immigration boss who has provided me with good guidance that satisfies her.  She is happy with what I produce as evidence of income.  My bank book entries are enough.

7 hours ago, tigerbalm said:

Hi Joe.

Well your reply gave me some hope so i decided to go to the Immigration office 

The first hurdle was i did not have 21 days left on my extension, no problem i said i will do another border run and get my second 30 day exempt (Only two in one year allowed )

Then gave me this form (Attachment) and then continued to point out that i can not use the embassy letter because the UK Embassy does not issue them any more. (Yes i know that)

Ok i said i will use the 65000 bht international  transfer being transferred every month method.

No you can not if your embassy doesn't issue a income statement then that part is null and void, you have to get  (Apart from the 800,000 bht in a Thai bank method that i don't have) a Non O from a Thai embassy or consulate and use the 65000 bht method where you show it is being transferred in to a Thai bank every month (plus a medical certificate and a police criminal record clearance certificate and all the other paraphernalia that goes with it)  what ive been told just doesn't seem correct, if it made sense then ok i cold except it, but it doesn't.

Also on the attachment what does it mean when it says 5.3 A document proving foreign remittance or  or what! lol

I am glad this has all come about because i was planning to go home to get a Tourist Visa with the intention of converting to Non O and finally Extension of stay at Chiang mai immigration but that now seems would have been a complete waste of time under the circumstances.

I would be grateful for your opinion Does the information i was given seem correct in you view?

418419978_Non0requirements.thumb.jpg.6c9d6f90db9c11657f0a556f372f90f7.jpg

The guy who was telling me all this was the same guy that turned down my original Extension renewal because the Income from overseas transfers) was not a pension income)

Any i dears any one?

6 hours ago, tigerbalm said:

I was trying to convert a 30 day extension to a O visa at the immigration office with the intention of converting that to a extension of stay which is quite common

A 30 day extension from what (Visa exempt / Tourist Visa).

How many months transfers did you supply?

What method did you use to transfer funds?

Did you provide proof via a Passbook, or bank statement?

Were the transfers coded as FTT (Passbook), or International transfer (Bank statement)

5 hours ago, tigerbalm said:

No you can not if your embassy doesn't issue a income statement then that part is null and void, you have to get a non 0 (He probably meant NON O-A) from a Thai embassy or consulate.

He meant a Non Imm O single entry (90 day) Visa, which you can obtain from a local Thai Embassy/Consulate, with proof of funds.

The Non O-A Visa is only available from your home Country, or a Country you have permanent residency status.

11 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Lots of laws are valid. It's whether they get enforced, or not. This one still needs be proven. I know Phuket immigration have said, no flexibility.

Yep.

An acquaintance gone back now  to the USA to make a new O-A as his 4 months of 65k inputs was laughed at at Phuket Town.

Were the transfers coded as FTT (Passbook), or International transfer (Bank statement)
See what TB says but in my case the surly IO wasn't interested in any of that info. Monthly transfers not allowed for the Non Imm O. It was unclear whether they'd be accepted for the subsequent retirement year extension

10 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

A 30 day extension from what (Visa exempt / Tourist Visa). From a 30 day Visa extension from a Visa exempt

How many months transfers did you supply? None as i was informed if your embassy doesn't issue a income statement then that part showing income 6500 is null and void see my post #38

What method did you use to transfer funds? None but if i could have i would have shown International transfers for the required 65000

Did you provide proof via a Passbook, or bank statement? No if i had of done it would be a Bank letter confirming all the international transfers The pass book is a myth

Were the transfers coded as FTT (Passbook), or International transfer (Bank statement) If i had shown them yes

Regards

TB

18 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

How many months transfers did you supply? None as i was informed if your embassy doesn't issue a income statement then that part showing income 6500 is null and void see my post #38

That is absolute nonsense.

It's either funds, or income, or a combination, or an Embassy Income letter.

You should re-apply with supporting proof of International transfers, a copy of the order and ask to speak to the Supervisor.

17 hours ago, tigerbalm said:

Well that makes sense but why when i said to him in absence of the UK embassy letter of proof of income (Which we both agreed that the Uk along with a few others had stopped issuing them) ok then i will use the International transfers from my foreign bank into my Thai bank.

He then went on to say

No you can not if your embassy doesn't issue a income statement then that part is null and void, you have to get a non 0 (He probably meant NON O-A) from a Thai embassy or consulate.

I wish i had been on the ball at the time and mentioned to him, hey look here it says on the document  5.3 A document proving foreign remittance or

if it means as you seem to imply ( Which makes sense) providing proof of International transfers (proving foreign remittance) then i would assume i could go this route  ie give them the Thai bank statements showing income from overseas or failing that OR if i was a citizen from a country where there embassy were still issuing income letters go that route

It would make more sense if the form read what you need to do is 5.3 provide proof of a monthly income of 65000  Or

A letter from your Embassy showing a monthly pension not not less than 65000 per month.

The whole form if you read it does not make sense it is confusing to say the least (Well to me any way) LoL

I might have to go back and ask him what exactly does that mean (5.3 A document proving foreign remittance or)

Regards

TB

22 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That is absolute nonsense.

It's either funds, or income, or a combination, or an Embassy Income letter.

You should re-apply with supporting proof of International transfers, a copy of the order and ask to speak to the Supervisor.

I agree total nonsense, things seem to get lost in translation or interpreted differently out here depending on who is giving the advice, the phrase masters of confusion come to mind.

If you look at the above highlighted bit 5.3 provide proof of a monthly income of 65000  Or

seems to suggest that you can use a monthly income or, but he just skipped that bit I did not notice it until i got home or i would have mentioned it, i will probably have to go back to get some clarification, more faffing about. lol

Regards

TB

You entered on a Non Imm O and they are refusing an extension based on income.
Is that what your saying.
Nope tourist visa, changing visa to non O based on retirement, followed by retirement extension. As I've said before, there's the theory of what is allowed and then there's what the IO allows, can be quite different

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:
You entered on a Non Imm O and they are refusing an extension based on income.
Is that what your saying.

Nope tourist visa, changing visa to non O based on retirement, followed by retirement extension. As I've said before, there's the theory of what is allowed and then there's what the IO allows, can be quite different

Read my post #18.

That advise came from Immigration.

Did you run over your IO's dog. ????

Read my post #18.
That advise came from Immigration.

Did you run over your IO's dog. [emoji1787]
Yeah i read post #18 but as we know, every immigration office is different as well as IO, totally inconsistent as is suggested on their wall at Jomtien.

As for the surly IO, i think she was taking out her previous negative experiences with falang out on me. But to be fair she probably had the worse attitude of anyone I've dealt with ever

Just the beginning. With only a little over a month to go before it is finally not possible to use income letters from the embassies that have since stopped issuing them (allowing for 6 months validity and 30 days prior to expiry date) things are going to hot up. At least within a few months we are going to know one way or another if and how we are going to be able to satisfy Thailand Immigration that we do have incomes of over 65000 baht per month. 

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Haha that's funny, who do you ask for if you are already speaking to the person in charge of desk 7 in the case of Jomtien?

I have read here that such a request is  not complied with, and to ask to speak to the top man certainly not! It also irritates them. Would be interested to hear how one gets around an IO that is basically discriminating or blocking you. 

The big boss probably isn't in his office that much, like the Bank Managers.

Edited by jacko45k

I have read here that such a request is  not complied with, and to ask to speak to the top man certainly not! It also irritates them. Would be interested to hear how one gets around an IO that is basically discriminating or blocking you. 
The big boss probably isn't in his office that much, like the Bank Managers.
I'll make an appointment with BJ, I've heard he's coming back