postage

essox essox

Every time I have sent anything to the UK (Airmail) it usually lands in the midlands, Birmingham airport I think, once it has cleared customs it is trucked to the sorting office for the region it's being delivered to then out fro the local sorting office & onto the address.  

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Every time I have sent anything to the UK (Airmail) it usually lands in the midlands, Birmingham airport I think, once it has cleared customs it is trucked to the sorting office for the region it's being delivered to then out fro the local sorting office & onto the address.  

Yup, goes to East Midlands & then on to wherever it's addressed.

Had to send some docs couple of years ago, used DHL & although it was fully tracked, it really wasn't so much faster, maybe two days.

And, it cost me 20 quid...

25 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

yeah i would agree with you...I did some checks after my post....found out it goes to Coventry then onward to local post office for distribution to  address.

Thanks anyway

10 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yup, goes to East Midlands & then on to wherever it's addressed.

Had to send some docs couple of years ago, used DHL & although it was fully tracked, it really wasn't so much faster, maybe two days.

And, it cost me 20 quid...

cost me 22 quid last saturday !!! using EMS

Just now, essox essox said:

yeah i would agree with you...I did some checks after my post....found out it goes to Coventry the onward to local post office for distribution to  address.

Thanks anyway

Just wondering what is wrong with that works the same in my country. It comes to a central place and then gets distributed onward. Is that not how post is supposed to work.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just wondering what is wrong with that works the same in my country. It comes to a central place and then gets distributed onward. Is that not how post is supposed to work.

As I did not know where post went to be distributed I just asked the question ON HERE and have had some good replies...

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have had a couple go to Langley (Heathrow) - then they got lost in the UK..........:sad:

4 hours ago, essox essox said:

this is the problem just how reliable is it posting to uk??

Inexpensive and fairly quick  3-5 days  to send by Thai Registered  post and I've tracked all the way to the actual  time delivered.

On 6/20/2019 at 6:46 AM, essox essox said:

YOUR WRONG....INITIALLY GO TO PARCEL MAIL IN COVENTRY THEN ONWARD TO LOCAL POST OFFICE FOR DISTRIBUTION, i found this out after I had posted on here.....

But you didn't SPECIFICALLY ask where it went to INITIALLY did you? Therefore, since it will ULTIMATELY go to the local post office for end-point distribution, my answer to your very poorly phrased question is 100% correct.

To be perfectly, grammatically correct, you should have asked "...where is it dispatched FROM in the UK?"

Since pretty much ALL countries have an inbound 'clearing house' post office for inbound international mail, I'm pleased to learn from your thread that for the UK it is in the Midlands at Coventry. FWIW, all inbound international mail for Thailand goes to Laksi Post Office, near Don Meuang airport.

...then it gets lost.

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

But you didn't SPECIFICALLY ask where it went to INITIALLY did you? Therefore, since it will ULTIMATELY go to the local post office for end-point distribution, my answer to your very poorly phrased question is 100% correct.

To be perfectly, grammatically correct, you should have asked "...where is it dispatched FROM in the UK?"

Since pretty much ALL countries have an inbound 'clearing house' post office for inbound international mail, I'm pleased to learn from your thread that for the UK it is in the Midlands at Coventry. FWIW, all inbound international mail for Thailand goes to Laksi Post Office, near Don Meuang airport.

...then it gets lost.

i asked to where does post go in England once despatched from Thailand. That is, in your words clearing house (obviously your a YANK, as we call them sorting offices),

IT does NOT matter NOW as MY LETTER HAS BEEN DELIVERED

so end of the post/comments on here.

OK

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:

i asked to where does post go in England once despatched from Thailand. That is, in your words clearing house (obviously your a YANK, as we call them sorting offices),

OK

why do you not write correctly WHAT is FWIW all yanks do not write the full words....happens a lot on FOX news i.e potus, spox etc do you get me??

7 hours ago, essox essox said:

Since pretty much ALL countries have an inbound 'clearing house' post office for inbound international mail, I'm pleased to learn from your thread that for the UK it is in the Midlands at Coventry.

You obviously missed my reply earlier in the thread - post I have sent to the UK has landed at Heathrow (close to London) whose sorting depot is at Langley close by.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:55 PM, topt said:

I have had a couple go to Langley (Heathrow) - then they got lost in the UK..........:sad:

Yes, I find that registered mail or EMS usually goes via Langley.

Certainly not 100% reliable though.  The last registered letter that I sent to UK I could track until it allegedly left Langley.  That was six weeks ago and, according to the Post Office tracker the letter is still 'in transit'.  In actuality, the letter was delivered - took about three weeks though.  I checked with the recipient.

On a different occasion I sent a package by EMS to my bank in the Isle of Man.  Correctly addressed, complete with postcode but got flagged as 'undeliverable'.   A phone call to Parcel Force eventually cleared that up but I never really got an explanation of what they thought the problem was.

Seems to me that we complain a lot about things going missing in the Thai post - as they do - but the UK post is maybe just as bad!

Not a very reliable service, it seems.  DHL is about the same cost as EMS so maybe that is a better option.

18 hours ago, essox essox said:

OK

No, I'm not a 'YANK' but thanks.

If I may be equally presumptuous, I take it from this and other somewhat turgid responses that include responding to your own posts, you may be a bit of a yanker, no?

Archived