Jim Carrey reveals why he doesn’t take selfies with fans and it might change your life

snoop1130

Jim Carrey reveals why he doesn’t take selfies with fans and it might change your life

by Alicia Adejobi

SEI_74419809.jpg

Jim won’t take a picture but he’d love a good chat (Picture: Getty)

Last week we discovered that Keanu Reeves doesn’t touch female fans in photos and now, Jim Carrey has revealed that he doesn’t take selfies with his loyal following.

The Ace Ventura actor explains that he isn’t a fan of stopping to take photos, particularly selfies, with his fanbase as he would rather have a conversation with them.

Revealing his annoyance with selfies, the 57-year-old actor told The Hollywood Reporter: ‘I dropped the whole trying to be something for somebody a long time ago. I don’t feel there is a pressing responsibility to please everyone.

‘I’m not unkind to people, but I would much prefer saying hello and who are you and what are you doing today to giving a selfie. Because selfies stop life.’

Full Story: https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/18/jim-carrey-reveals-doesnt-take-selfies-fans-might-change-life-10010411/

Both sold their souls to the devil and Illuminati and tried to get out. Too bad, you cannot. When you join up, they build so much dirt on you, you will be buried if you try to get out. 

"Their on the Highway to hell" Yeah, Yeah, Yeah  and can't play with the ladys butts anymore either. Thats gotta be like livin in hell, especially with all their money. Walking Morons. 

Did anyone see the new movie Keanu was in "I love you forever, Maybe?"  Weird...

Good, I hate selfies. There's no point really. In the old days we took pictures of places, wildlife etc. I couldn't care less about your face.

2 minutes ago, balo said:

Good, I hate selfies. There's no point really. In the old days we took pictures of places, wildlife etc. I couldn't care less about your face.

No point in taking any photos without yourself or your friends in it.

With the internet you can find a better photo of any place you've visited, than you could take.

Wow some real Jim Carrey haters.   Believe amongst actors he is a well regarded comic.  Talented painter also

I like most comics - Adam Sandler is the wealthiest I believe because of his production company and movie business . Some news on Adam also today - making movies on Netflix for big money

Of course a commoner such as myself would feel very honored to have a selfie taken with anyone - 55

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No point in taking any photos without yourself or your friends in it

A picture with a group of people is fine, but that stupid selfie in your face is not. 

13 hours ago, PJPom said:

Who would want a selfie with that raving lunatic, people have no taste.

Totally agree. He's as funny as Toothache. I honestly cringe at his antics and can't for the life of me, see what if anything, is attractive about him or his routines.  

Personally, I think Hollywood and the likes should reward movie buffs with a Creep Of The Decade Competition. This Candidate could be put in wooden stocks and pelted with rotton cabbages where we could slip in a few cannon balls.... it would certainly relieve some pressure lol ...

Some posters are being rather harsh. I think some of his performances really got to the heart of the character he was portraying. I was particularly taken with his role in the "Dumb and Dumber" movies. I am afraid it is a long while since I saw those movies, can anyone refresh my memory... did Jim play Prayuth or Prawitt?

Not a Jim Carey fan but I agree with him on this point.  Selfies are simply over-indulging in narcissism.  We're both 'boomers' and selfies were not part of our makeup.  Group pictures?  Yeah.  Family picture and pictures with friends?  Nature pictures? Yeah. 
2 terrabyte or more of pictures of yourself, sometimes using inanimate or animate objects as props (like a celebrity)?  Videos of you 'opening a box?'   You know, there is something disturbingly pathological about that sort of behavior.  Which in turns says something about the latter year Millennials and Gen Z kids that indulge in selfie-centered, social media posted narcissism.  It may be the New Normal but personally I don't think it's a sign of a healthy mindset.  Imho.

*Caveat: my grandparents thought my generation was nuts too.  Soooo, there you have it.  

14 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Some are just compelled to hate probably as a means to overcome personal shortcomings.

Or maybe just speaking the truth Jim Carey is a disgusting POS and is a washed up actor still trying to stay relevant 

Good on him. A voice of reason, in this age of inane reality TV, social media and the mad dash to become famous on YouTube. It is all so trite, boring, fake, and lifeless. I totally get what he is saying. And respect him for it. 

If I was in his position, I would hate the fame. And I would probably behave the same way. Kudos to Carrey. A dose of reality, in this insane world of ours. 

15 hours ago, smilemaker said:

Both sold their souls to the devil and Illuminati and tried to get out. Too bad, you cannot. When you join up, they build so much dirt on you, you will be buried if you try to get out. 

"Their on the Highway to hell" Yeah, Yeah, Yeah  and can't play with the ladys butts anymore either. Thats gotta be like livin in hell, especially with all their money. Walking Morons. 

Did anyone see the new movie Keanu was in "I love you forever, Maybe?"  Weird...

WOW! You believe in the "illuminati"!

If you are talentless and have no success in your life, attack those who are the opposite of you.

i was bemused by the attacks on George Clooney.....what has he done to piss off so many people?

Oh that's right....he is good looking, he is wealthy, he is talented, he married well, he rides a motorbike, he has a house on Lake Como. 

Wow! Lots of good reasons to hate the guy.....well look in the mirror and see the loser looking back, or a well balanced happy person. It is your choice. A therapist once pointed out that most of the men that have big guts it represents their unfulfilled life and frustrations. Or you could say it is from drinking beer......why do you think you drank all that beer? To drown the frustrations of your own shortcomings......think about it and start changing today.....or not.

Okay, therapy over for today. I now need to vent my frustrations on any dumb animals near me, or my wife and kids, or my ex-wives.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, I drank the damn beer.

3 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

He's as funny as Toothache. I honestly cringe at his antics and can't for the life of me, see what if anything, is attractive about him or his routines.  

He is a 2 time Golden Globe winner - 55

7 hours ago, Proboscis said:

WOW! You believe in the "illuminati"!

I guess he do... but there´s nothing to "believe" - they control YOU!

Find out the truth about Carreys former girlfriend and why she killed herself, disgusting POS he is.

Archived