Where to Pay Customs Bill in CM

AAArdvark

I received a ฿200 bill from customs.  Unfortunately it is 99% Thai.  I don't have a clue what the bill is for.  All I know is that is for ฿200 and I have until the 30th to pay.  The bill has the customs logo on it but, oddly, it came in an envelope fro Krungthai Bank.

Anyone have any idea where I can pay this bill?  The only part of the return address that I can decipher is the postal code of 10110, so Bangkok.  A random customs office or maybe Krungthai Bank? 

15 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And you are not the first :smile:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/980721-customs-letter-asking-for-200baht-payment/

(thread is archived so you can not add to that)

Thanks. Unfortunately, that topic was not particularly helpful  All I got out of it was that it was either a bill or a receipt. My condo office said it was a bill.  So, I guess that I will try my own bank first and see what they say.

I went to Bangkok Bank. The manager looked at it for a while with a <deleted> look and then pointed to something at the bottom of the document.  Apparently it says "don't pay".  So I won't pay but the whole thing is still a mystery.

I got a few of those years ago. I think it was a storage charge or special handling charge.  I seemed to get them when the packages didn't come straight through and instead got held overnight for inspection or additional review. Or maybe they didn't trust my valuation on the package and decided to top it up a little. I never tried to fight it for 200 baht. I figured that it was a bogus charge to make a little extra money.  I never paid it and nothing ever happened.  I think that 200 baht amount was already added into the amount that you paid when you received the package.

Yeah, it's still kind of a mystery, but it seems that you can safely ignore it.

Archived