Extensions - BE WARNED - TM30 Required. 3 Queues. Disaster.

18 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

If you never ever got a TM-30, including when you first moved in, you might have a case.  However, if you left the country or stayed in a hotel somewhere else and failed to notify the owner, you do not.  The TM-30 issue(s) has been an all to frequent subject on TV.  Some people heeded the warning and others did not but the warning was out there.

I never ever got one.  I've been here almost 3 years.

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Bully for you. Many don't have that experience. My agent does my 90 day reporting too.

Sounds great. Do you have to take and collect your passport to/from your agent for him to do your 90 day report or does he do the fetching and carrying as well? ????

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I like your thinking. Wouldn't it be lovely if there was a conduit between farang and Thai imm. I think there is some input groups but the frustrating thing is very difficult to voice an opinion here in los. I wonder what would be outcome of peaceful  quiet sit down protest at entry of CW re TM30 nonsense. Rhetorical question.

Never. They don't care about us alone.

I'm about ready to contact my embassy. Tell them I only support spousal visas, university students and young travelers 25-30.

Government officials, single entry up to two weeks if must.

Also complain about Thailand manipulating currency. The economy is not so strong as to warrant the strength of currency. One of the lowest productivity rates in the world. Currency is bulletproof.

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, noted. Actually I knew there was much more on the list of complaint. Just want to take my hat of, for all of you out there that choose to stay and get extensions in a country you fell don´t want or respect you. You´ve have chosen the hard way to deal with all the complaints during your retirement or married life. I am just baffled over how you really want to put yourself through all this pain and suffering.

Except that if everyone just accepts the system, and nobody complains, the system will never change for the better. Unless you are saying the system is just about perfect and doesn't need to be questioned or changed?

The former immigration boss listened to complaints about delays and inefficiencies at Chang Mai immigration and things changed for the better. Now that office is more customer orientated.

I guess that is why corruption continues without check and why those in authority are never questioned. Perhaps it is why systems that systematically persecute, or ingrain petty beaucracy and fiefdoms, can happen. Ask no questions and get told no lies.

Perhaps you should read slower.  Last year I was in and out in 25 minutes.  My income letter was dated Dec 31st.  The word extortion comes to mind, pay me or you don't get your extension.  Who said my paperwork wasn't in order.  Maybe you should read even more slowly.  I had everything I needed.

Aren’t you the lucky one !

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

The first most people hear about these "rules" is when they're hit by fines for something their landlord hasn't done. Maybe they should double the fines for anyone happily excusing such blatant racketeering. 

You just can´t say that you get fines for something your landloard should have been doing. You are the one that must have control over that your TM 30 has been done. If the landlord will not do it, you are the one that must do it. That´s why the option for possessor is on the form.

• Like 1

Im starting to get a little bit flustered
I just heard london /Thai embassy are cancelling non O Visas(multiple)
Only 1 from now on !
I am 48 soon ,i have a house, wife and Family,
What the Fxxk am i supposed to do now!
Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

5 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

Im starting to get a little bit flustered
I just heard london /Thai embassy are cancelling non O Visas(multiple)
Only 1 from now on !
I am 48 soon ,i have a house, wife and Family,

Apply for a multiple entry non-o visa at the consulates in Savannakhet Laos or Ho Chi Minh city. No financial proof is needed.

Or get a single entry non-o visa and apply for one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Perhaps you sho    uld read slower.  Last year I was in and out in 25 minutes.  My income letter was dated Dec 31st.  The word extortion comes to mind, pay me or you don't get your extension.  Who said my paperwork wasn't in order.  Maybe you should read even more slowly.  I had everything I needed.

Reading slower, I still find that your paperwork was not in order as far as to what Immigration required.  I still find they were nice to accept your 2018 income letter.  I still find they were nice to have a way for you to complete the TM30 without making a second trip.  And, I additionally find that calling your experience a 'disaster' is just a bit on the dramatic side.   Bend with the bamboo.

21 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

They also asked me to sign for landlord.

Will someone sue or arrest you later for fraud or something? Best not to trust the Thai's anymore. Not that they are crook's but because no one knows and sooner or later a Thai will take advantage of that unknown.

I am not attempting to throw shade at the Thai's so much as venting my frustration with the ever changing 'system'.

Edited by IAMHERE
add weasel words
  • Thanks 1

I haven't done one before in all the years been here, luckily I only visit CW once a year to redo my retirement visa but now I better start this TM 30 thing off.

Can you do this TM30 thing online for the first time, or do you have to go to CW then register online.

Has anyone sent their thai wife alone to do this TM 30 at CW could be easier being a local.

One other I am sure I read somewhere that you could register at the local police station, but that could be just B/S

21 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

the whole thing was set up to collect 800 Baht bounty

Consider it chicken feed once a year, my wife gets upset when we get flagged down by roadside cops saying we did this or that, I just slip the guy 100 baht, he accepts and off we go, however it happened twice last month in Udon Thani, she said it's starting to get expensive ????

58 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You just can´t say that you get fines for something your landloard should have been doing. You are the one that must have control over that your TM 30 has been done. If the landlord will not do it, you are the one that must do it. That´s why the option for possessor is on the form.

If you stay at a hotel or someone's house and THEY don't report you for whatever reason do you understand that until the fine is paid you ain't getting your extension ?

If you stay at a hotel or someone's house and THEY don't report you for whatever reason do you understand that until the fine is paid you ain't getting your extension ?
And, how will immigration know you stayed there?

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

6 minutes ago, Toany said:

And, how will immigration know you stayed there?

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

Yes your right unless you stay in 2 places and 1 doesn't report, you'd probably be ok.

Edited by parryhandy

22 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

What possible reason is there for Immigration asking for a hand drawn map?

Last year at BKK CW, the officer asked my wife in Thai for me to hand draw a map to our house. Instead, to her considerable surprise, I pulled out of my folder a printed Google Map page with our home and address marked on it. At least on that day with that officer, she was willing to accept that.  Next time, who knows...

I wondered the same question myself. Someone else here at some point suggested it was to check whether applicants really knew where their home was supposed to be... I'm not so sure about that potential explanation. But other than that, I have no idea!!!

Last year at BKK CW, the officer asked my wife in Thai for me to hand draw a map to our house. Instead, to her considerable surprise, I pulled out of my folder a printed Google Map page with our home and address marked on it. At least on that day with that officer, she was willing to accept that.  Next time, who knows...

I wondered the same question myself. Someone else here at some point suggested it was to check whether applicants really knew where their home was supposed to be... I'm not so sure about that potential explanation. But other than that, I have no idea!!!

At my last extension they asked for the map, my gf drew it in front of them and was accepted, I asked if I should be drawing it !, they said “ no problem “.

But then they did follow it up with a house visit, so maybe it’s to help them find the house [emoji51]

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

At my last extension they asked for the map, my gf drew it in front of them and was accepted, I asked if I should be drawing it !, they said “ no problem “.

But then they did follow it up with a house visit, so maybe it’s to help them find the house emoji51.png

They've been asking for the home maps for the past year or two for retirement extensions as well at BKK CW... not just marriage extensions. And there are no Immigration home visits for retirement extensions, especially in BKK.

They've been asking for the home maps for the past year or two for retirement extensions as well at BKK CW... not just marriage extensions. And there are no Immigration home visits for retirement extensions, especially in BKK.

Mine is a retirement extension and I got the home visit, Ayutthaya.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Mine is a retirement extension and I got the home visit, Ayutthaya.

That's why I specifically said BKK.  They don't seem to do retirement extension home visits here, probably because there would be just too many applicants involved.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

The first most people hear about these "rules" is when they're hit by fines for something their landlord hasn't done. Maybe they should double the fines for anyone happily excusing such blatant racketeering. 

The fine is for something the house-master (ie  the tenant) or the possessor (ie the tenant) or the owner has not done. See section 38 of the Immigration Act.