Extensions - BE WARNED - TM30 Required. 3 Queues. Disaster.

1 hour ago, parryhandy said:

If you stay at a hotel or someone's house and THEY don't report you for whatever reason do you understand that until the fine is paid you ain't getting your extension ?

You did realize that I wrote:

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You are the one that must have control over that your TM 30 has been done.

Right?

A hotel must register you. Keep the rwciept and show Immigration, and you are not responsible for the fine. If you stay at someones house, you are responsible to tell them and see to that they do a registration.

Edited by Matzzon

Right?

A hotel must register you. Keep the rwciept and show Immigration, and you are not responsible for the fine. If you stay at someones house, you are responsible to tell them and see to that they do a registration.
The hotel will not give you a TM30 receipt, as they do it on-line and there is no receipt.

If you stay with a friend, they might not file a TM30 and save you the trouble of filing one when you get home.

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Last year at BKK CW, the officer asked my wife in Thai for me to hand draw a map to our house. Instead, to her considerable surprise, I pulled out of my folder a printed Google Map page with our home and address marked on it. At least on that day with that officer, she was willing to accept that.  Next time, who knows...

I wondered the same question myself. Someone else here at some point suggested it was to check whether applicants really knew where their home was supposed to be... I'm not so sure about that potential explanation. But other than that, I have no idea!!!

Over at the Queue for I (Intoxication) there were several cops applying field sobriety tests to anyone who wanted one.

Do you need a TM 30 if you own your own house?
Yes. But it depends on your immigration officer. CW will answer yes or no, depending who you ask

30 minutes ago, Toany said:

The hotel will not give you a TM30 receipt, as they do it on-line and there is no receipt.

If you stay with a friend, they might not file a TM30 and save you the trouble of filing one when you get home.

1. If you stay at hotels and they report you, or you see to that they report you online. Then Immigration will have that in their database. That´s why the receipt was important.

2. That was exactly why I stated that you must tell your friend, and see to that they do it.

3. Yeah! In Romania cars have four wheels.

2 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

What possible reason is there for Immigration asking for a hand drawn map?

Goodness only knows.  The very nice but overworked IO who was doing my last extension asked me to draw a map, but did not seem at all interested in my very rough sketch once it was done.  I think they've been instructed to do it by higher ups and are going through the motions, just like us.

13 minutes ago, JTXR said:

Goodness only knows.  The very nice but overworked IO who was doing my last extension asked me to draw a map, but did not seem at all interested in my very rough sketch once it was done.  I think they've been instructed to do it by higher ups and are going through the motions, just like us.

Exactly what I experienced yesterday.  I could have drawn a picture of pumpkin.  She did not care.

This clearly is a dumb move (yes I know it's an old law from 1978, but why make it a big thing now?); okay so registering the Rabbit Card with a passport was dumb (money laundering, really???), but that didn't cause this mass annoyance.

I'm hearing it's causing mass stress for a lot of people at CW Immigration and some of the staff too are visibly getting annoyed by the amount of people who haven't heard about it - but not everyone spends their days on ThaiVisa and are aware of it.

What I can't understand is this - I can understand the registering part, but not if you go away for 24 hours - why does the landlady/landlord need to report these things, if the Hotels do it anyway? It makes you feel like you are on watch and not trusted, causes annoyance with your landlord and annoyance for yourself and this could/will have some impact to the country as a tourist destination and financially. Reasons are:

a) The foreigners living here, retired, working, enjoying life and respecting the country, who like to travel around now and again; helping tourism in other areas. Might not think it is worth all the hassle now.
b) Thais who rent out to foreigners. May not wish to rent out now, as not worth all the hassle.

c) Entrepeneurs and Investors - don't wish to deal with being monitored like this. Not worth the hassle.
d) The foreigners who will have enough and just think okay, this is far too stupid. I'm off.

But, will Immigration realise or even care about the above? Would they be too scared to lose face to ever admit the impact? Then, they will come out with another stupid scheme to grab more money from the foreigners that are left.

• Like 2

This is still not clear ! Where is the link to show where to get and submit TM30? For example does it have to be submitted when applying for re entry permit ? Does this TM 30 have to have an official stamp when used and where to get this after landlord has completed ! Where to get a weblink on all this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, JTXR said:

It just occurred to me someone, and I didn't think of it yesterday, should draw a picture of a vagina with fallopian tubes.  Put some street names on it and hand it in.  I'm betting no one will notice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

It just occurred to me someone, and I didn't think of it yesterday, should draw a picture of a vagina with fallopian tubes.  Put some street names on it and hand it in.  I'm betting no one will notice.

Rascal!   You can tell them, you live on Soi Vajayjay.... :cheesy:

2 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

This is still not clear ! Where is the link to show where to get and submit TM30? For example does it have to be submitted when applying for re entry permit ? Does this TM 30 have to have an official stamp when used and where to get this after landlord has completed ! Where to get a weblink on all this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Stop. Any "link" won't help.

It depends on which imm office you use. For example, myself and zillion others have never done a tm30 while having been in los MANY years. CW (just to use one example) have now done crackdown. I won't spell out the rules as have been mentioned in many current threads. 

You can obtain TM30 form online and have 3 options how to file. All clearly explained in the threads.

Its not an issue until/if you need attend imm. 

Personally I will file ONE tm30 at CW by mail after my last reentry to los prior to my next extension. 

As for the form. Type "tm30 form" into Google. 

Which bit is difficult?

31 minutes ago, shady86 said:
4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, you need to give approval to your ownself to stay in your own home. Only in Thailand!

It is not an approval to stay. It is a notification of the arrival of a foreigner who arrives to stay at your residence, regardless of this foreigner's ownership of anything.

• Like 1

Apply for a multiple entry non-o visa at the consulates in Savannakhet Laos or Ho Chi Minh city. No financial proof is needed.
Or get a single entry non-o visa and apply for one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Thanks Joe

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/19/2019 at 9:17 PM, 4675636b596f75 said:

Be warned,that they will ask you for things that are not spelled out in the regulations. Nobody should be asking me for a copy of what the landlord should file. I told him unabashedly, that I should not be responsible for what the landlord does or does not do. I told them that I follow their law as it applies to me, and I had complied with everything that they had written. And they greeted me that I shouldn't be involved in what the landlord is supposed to do. I reminded them the landlords Thai and she should know  the lawn her own country. I told them that although I paid the fine I would be taking it out of my rent, whichthey told me I should absolutely do because it's not right. Go figure out that one. They also asked me to sign for landlord.

That's why Thai Officials start to dislike Westerners, etc. They not like being TOLD. 

16 hours ago, norbra said:

Hey Jacko you can submit TM 30 by mail similar address to 90 day reports just change the recipient to indicate person responsible for TM 30

I just have never really trusted the mail here. At my home it is somewhat random!

16 hours ago, sumrit said:

Sounds great. Do you have to take and collect your passport to/from your agent for him to do your 90 day report or does he do the fetching and carrying as well? ????

In my case yes, the agent collects and returns my passport for 90 day reports - and for retirement extensions, also collects all the other documents required.  It's not a cheap service (here on Phuket), but worth paying as I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it to avoid the stress.

Back on topic, I was very worried when first learning that under the latest rules (......) all sorts of documentation (and even possibly presence at Immigration!) was required from my landlord, bearing in mind I live on Phuket, and he lives in Bangkok. 

There was obviously no way I could force him to complete the documentation/provide the various photocopies required of ID card/'blue' (?) book/new rental contract (I'd been living here approx. 10 years and there had never been a reason previously to ask for a new rental contract after the original one year contract) etc.

As it turned out I was worrying un-necessarily as my landlord provided everything required (including the TM30) - but the point is that the 'rules' keep changing and us 'expats' are tired of the ever changing 'rules'.

To look on the bright side, it's good to hear that Immigration are accepting a TM30 completed by those renting a property, rather than requiring it to be completed by the landlord.

In my case yes, the agent collects and returns my passport for 90 day reports - and for retirement extensions, also collects all the other documents required.  It's not a cheap service (here on Phuket), but worth paying as I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it to avoid the stress.

Back on topic, I was very worried when first learning that under the latest rules (......) all sorts of documentation (and even possibly presence at Immigration!) was required from my landlord, bearing in mind I live on Phuket, and he lives in Bangkok. 

There was obviously no way I could force him to complete the documentation/provide the various photocopies required of ID card/'blue' (?) book/new rental contract (I'd been living here approx. 10 years and there had never been a reason previously to ask for a new rental contract after the original one year contract) etc.

As it turned out I was worrying un-necessarily as my landlord provided everything required (including the TM30) - but the point is that the 'rules' keep changing and us 'expats' are tired of the ever changing 'rules'.

To look on the bright side, it's good to hear that Immigration are accepting a TM30 completed by those renting a property, rather than requiring it to be completed by the landlord.
Sometimes. Nothing in constant

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Basically, and legally, you need an up to date TM30 to be filed if you're simply staying in Thailand.

Confusion comes because, at the moment, not every office is insisting on it.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 9:17 PM, 4675636b596f75 said:

Nobody should be asking me for a copy of what the landlord should file. I told him unabashedly, that I should not be responsible for what the landlord does or does not do. I told them that I follow their law as it applies to me, and I had complied with everything that they had written

So you had filed a TM28 on your own (which then put the issue of TM30 squarely on the landlord). 

If you hadnt.. Then your open to not having reported. 

What do you do if you can't contact your landlord?   

I've not seen or heard from mine in 7 years. 

Even when I don't pay the rent for a month she doesn't bother me (I guess because she knows I'll pay it the following month).