Thai travellers: the best to have around

webfact

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Of course they are... great drivers too, always giving way, saying 'thank you' when I let them go first. They never push in in 7/11s, never pick their nose in public or leave those darn mobiles on in the massage parlor. Lighthearted too, of course, and never cheat or lie just like their government. 

A recent incident, I do some exercise walks around the lake nearby my house, I sat down at one corner having a quite muse an removed my wallet and ciggys from my back pocket and placed them next to me. 4 Thai youths, around 16 years old walked passed me several times also doing their rounds. When I got back home I realized I had left the wallet and ciggys at the lake, I rushed back with the motorbike in time to see the youths waving at me telling me that my stuff was at the corner where I had left it, I doubt in the UK it would have still been there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, soalbundy said:

A recent incident, I do some exercise walks around the lake nearby my house, I sat down at one corner having a quite muse an removed my wallet and ciggys from my back pocket and placed them next to me. 4 Thai youths, around 16 years old walked passed me several times also doing their rounds. When I got back home I realized I had left the wallet and ciggys at the lake, I rushed back with the motorbike in time to see the youths waving at me telling me that my stuff was at the corner where I had left it, I doubt in the UK it would have still been there.

That's true!  the exception that proves the rule. Lucky! 

7 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Strong smelling food, a confined space and recirculated air... not a good combination. Body odor is much worst, in my opinion.

But funny, maybe the Thais are more courteous on planes than they are on buses and other public transport... 

Body odor is much worst, in my opinion

........aromatic passenger (27 per cent)????

7 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Strong smelling food, a confined space and recirculated air... not a good combination. Body odor is much worst, in my opinion.

But funny, maybe the Thais are more courteous on planes than they are on buses and other public transport... 

They confiscate food at security check. Otherwise it'd be durian gas chamber.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

That's probably because UK is a <deleted>. In Finland they'd find your email/telephone and track you down to come and give you your stuff back. I've done exactly that. Thais? haasip-haasip.

https://www.rd.com/culture/most-honest-cities-lost-wallet-test/

4 hours ago, Alfa said:

Are you joking. Thai travelers are the worst with their cell telephones and talk loudy as hell.

Apparently you have never had the misfortune of trying to get a good night's sleep in a youth hostel filled with Germans.

"A total of 601 Thai travellers who had taken an average of either 11.2 personal flights or 10.1 business flight per year were surveyed."

Very representative survey!!!!!!!!!!  How many Thais do you know take 11 personal flights a year,in fact any country you would be lucky to find the average joe who takes that many flights.(I am not counting business travelers) 

The below was taken from a report on Thaivisa.com posted this very day with reference to a Thai female traveller demonstrating in true 'I am Thai, I do as I want, obay me' attitude.

So much for Thai being such wonderful travellers!!!

Sanook reported on a phone video posted to Facebook that featured a Thai woman ranting at an airport. 

The woman was furious that her bag weighing 14.2 kilos was not allowed to be loaded in carry-on.

The limit is 7 kilos. 

She refuses to have it loaded in the hold as she hasn't paid for that and rants about it containing oranges...

Paradise...

1 minute ago, Nsp64 said:

Not a very realistic result really.

Just shows that thais lie in a survey to save face and blame.

everybody or the majority lies in the surveys and that's why surveys are not reliable, they are only good for the ones ordering them, the result is always or pretty much always what they are looking for, almost like a fortune teller

I have always had good luck, flying around Thailand. I flew in China a few times and saw worse manners.  Beijeng was worse than Shanghai. In Thailand my worst experience was sharing a bus from Swampy in Bangkok to Pattaya with 40 smelly Indian tourists. I have seen bad behavior in Taipai as well with an unruly American traveller who was yelling at the airport staff.

Geezer

21 hours ago, zydeco said:

This covers Americans perceptions etc. Did find it interesting that 73% think peeing in pool not a good thing to do. Does this mean 27% think it is fine? Or maybe don't care if someone pees in pool. And I do love that euphemism "aromatic persons" rather than stinky mofo's or BO plenty

On 6/20/2019 at 6:46 AM, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

How about following rules?

I wonder if those Thais had to pay 4 times as much to enter the park? If only I had been sitting in the ticket kiosk when they arrived: "YOU FOREIGNER! STOP! Welcome to Amazing America! You pay $100. Americans only pay $25."  And then I would have given them the biggest smile, a smile so big they would have thought they had never left the Land of Smiles.

Archived