DPM Wissanu confirms Prayut’s government remains in full control

webfact

DPM Wissanu confirms Prayut’s government remains in full control

%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%93%E0%

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam assures that the government of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is not a caretaker government, but a government with full power to take decisions of national importance until a new government comes into the office.

His defence of the legitimacy of General Prayut’s government, citing a provisional clause in the existing Constitution, was in response to an argument by Future Forward secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul that, since General Prayut was appointed post-election prime minister by Royal Command, he is no longer the junta-appointed prime minister and, hence, his cabinet was automatically disbanded.

Dr. Wissanu maintained that the government has full authority, although the number of cabinet ministers has dropped to 17-18 and General Prayut still remains the Prime Minister, adding that the cabinet still has to meet because there are many issues related to international affairs which need to be considered and approved.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/dpm-wissanu-confirms-prayuts-government-remains-in-full-control/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-06-20

1 hour ago, webfact said:

is not a caretaker government, but a government with full power to take decisions of national importance until a new government comes into the office.

i feel so much better, maintaining the standards of the past 5 years; so hopeful ????

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam assures that the government of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is not a caretaker government, but a government with full power to take decisions of national importance until a new government comes into the office.

caretaker government definition: a government that has power for a short period of time until a new one is chosen.

Same, same, but no different !

image.png.2d5d05454b5d5f047cd3456576c9cd68.png

I wonder where this dear little chap will fit in to the new order of things - after all he is not an MP is he?

I'm sure that he will still be in place though, to explain things to us so clearly; sort of comforting to know that nothing much will change!????

This guy has reached a maximum severe annoying level almost same as the guy he is protecting. But did we really expect anything different for the response to the accusation coming out from FFP about the legitimacy of fat head to have the reigns in his hands until the new house opens up.

22 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

This guy has reached a maximum severe annoying level almost same as the guy he is protecting. But did we really expect anything different for the response to the accusation coming out from FFP about the legitimacy of fat head to have the reigns in his hands until the new house opens up.

You are right, Holy Cow CM: they can just conjure up, out of thin air, any law, clause, paragraph or interpretation that they choose. It does not matter whether it really exists or not. The mere stating of it becomes (in their minds) Reality.

And there is almost nothing the Thai people can effectively do. I do not, however, think that injustice can rule and reign forever ... 

As before, more than ever, the junta will be in power until the general considers it appropriate, no one has the power to eliminate the old and the new government!
Put your soul in peace and accept the inevitable!

30 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I do not, however, think that injustice can rule and reign forever ... 

Maybe not forever, but 87 years and counting...still going strong. Hell, I had a kid tell me the other day that it was difficult to single out one thing the new head honcho had did as being great, since he did so many great things for the country. ???? Nine years old - the future wailing song pra cha lern crowd

32 minutes ago, Eligius said:

You are right, Holy Cow CM: they can just conjure up, out of thin air, any law, clause, paragraph or interpretation that they choose. It does not matter whether it really exists or not. The mere stating of it becomes (in their minds) Reality.

And there is almost nothing the Thai people can effectively do. I do not, however, think that injustice can rule and reign forever ... 

So, it should be entertaining to see how this plays out after a new government is formed.
Then what?  Temper tantrums?  More cardboard cutouts in front of microphones? Slow motion train-wreak? Boxing match challenges?
It should be an amusing show - for we non-participants.  Probably not amusing at all for a certain segment of the actual stakeholders, particularly Thai young adults and Northerners.  But angst does something manifests as change.  Time will tell... In the meanwhile, pop the top on your favorite beverage, sit back, relax, and watch the show! :thumbsup:

54 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Yeah got that right too! Its always like, "OH No that is incorrect and it is not like that and is totally ok" because if you look at it this way citing article blah or blah blah or blah, this over rides that point and article and cannot be looked at any other way because we say so. But when they lash out it is like hell is freezing over being only one way as they get all the relevant departments to act instantly and almost simultaneously to rack their opponent up. On another point, Chuan Leekpai will do no sincere justice as the house head as he is one of the cronies and always has been in the elite status. His legacy sprouted just after that nasty little coup killing 50 civilian protestors by the now army commander and chief's father, and his administration is riddled with offenses as well. He married a Khunying (Elite) and has a common law wife now. Top it off, he is a lawyer by trade. Enough said.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

I wonder where this dear little chap will fit in to the new order of things - after all he is not an MP is he?

The imperial Court is always in need of spineless, obsequious, and dedicated eunuchs....they're useful for a wide variety of reasons.

26 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

The imperial Court is always in need of spineless, obsequious, and dedicated eunuchs....they're useful for a wide variety of reasons.

Always job openings in this field too.  :wink:

images.jpg.683a5300f318b3ebd4fb5d662d6cfe4c.jpg

3 hours ago, JAG said:

Currently DPM for Legal Affairs. No reason why he wouldn't continue in the new government.

Otherwise, Prayut has used the Office of the Prime Minister for "parking positions" for untitled appointments - kind of like an inactive duty station but compensation and full benefits remain intact.

26 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Chuan's brother also embezzled a Thai bank out of billions and escaped justice.

Ran off to Taiwan until the statute of limitations expired.

But that is ok because he stayed away till the statute of limitations ran out on his sentencing and probably became a monk or thought about becoming one, so he has uplifted and cleansed his corrupt little soul so his family has restored their face. 

Don't know if anything more to that story, but don't need to. Amazing Thailand! 

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Chuan's brother also embezzled a Thai bank out of billions and escaped justice.

Ran off to Taiwan until the statute of limitations expired.

you can't talk about that, you're opening the pandora's box

8 hours ago, SABloke said:

Maybe not forever, but 87 years and counting...still going strong. Hell, I had a kid tell me the other day that it was difficult to single out one thing the new head honcho had did as being great, since he did so many great things for the country. ???? Nine years old - the future wailing song pra cha lern crowd

Guess for an 9 YO, it's difficult to choose between deck chairs and lottery prices without considering street vendors cluttering the streets... 

Archived