BANGKOK 19 July 2019 02:42
webfact

DPM Wissanu confirms Prayut’s government remains in full control

DPM Wissanu confirms Prayut’s government remains in full control

%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%93%E0%

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam assures that the government of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is not a caretaker government, but a government with full power to take decisions of national importance until a new government comes into the office.

His defence of the legitimacy of General Prayut’s government, citing a provisional clause in the existing Constitution, was in response to an argument by Future Forward secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul that, since General Prayut was appointed post-election prime minister by Royal Command, he is no longer the junta-appointed prime minister and, hence, his cabinet was automatically disbanded.

Dr. Wissanu maintained that the government has full authority, although the number of cabinet ministers has dropped to 17-18 and General Prayut still remains the Prime Minister, adding that the cabinet still has to meet because there are many issues related to international affairs which need to be considered and approved.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/dpm-wissanu-confirms-prayuts-government-remains-in-full-control/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-06-20

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, 3 months after the election and you still have 44. 

And the guns.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam assures that the government of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is not a caretaker government, but a government with full power to take decisions of national importance until a new government comes into the office.

caretaker government definition: a government that has power for a short period of time until a new one is chosen.

Same, same, but no different !

image.png.2d5d05454b5d5f047cd3456576c9cd68.png

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

"Wissanu"

Translates as oily little weasel, who sells his soul to the devil.

Master of stating the bleedin' obvious.

• Like 1

Every time I see Wissanu's photo I'm taken back to my childhood watching Sleestacks in The Land Of The Lost.

• Like 1

As before, more than ever, the junta will be in power until the general considers it appropriate, no one has the power to eliminate the old and the new government!
Put your soul in peace and accept the inevitable!

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I do not, however, think that injustice can rule and reign forever ... 

Maybe not forever, but 87 years and counting...still going strong. Hell, I had a kid tell me the other day that it was difficult to single out one thing the new head honcho had did as being great, since he did so many great things for the country. 🙄 Nine years old - the future wailing song pra cha lern crowd