Fisheries Dept to present fishery sector’s achievements at ASEAN Summit

webfact

Fisheries Dept to present fishery sector’s achievements at ASEAN Summit

da9fc24c04aad636da6fd3162d16a54b_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT)-The Department of Fisheries will present the country’s achievements in the fishing sector at the 34th ASEAN Summit, which will be held in Bangkok from June 20 to 23, 2019.

The Deputy Director-General of the Department of Fisheries, Arunchai Puthcharoen, said the exhibitions of the Thai fishing sector will be organized under the framework of the ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Agriculture and Forestry (AMAF).

The department will present the idea of setting up the ASEAN IUU Network to help curb illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing in the region. The member states will work together to monitor fishing activities and develop mechanisms to enhance cooperation in this field. Previously, Thailand hosted the ASEAN Meeting on Combating IUU Fishing in Partnership with the EU on April 4 and 5 this year.

Mr. Arunchai said the ASEAN Sectoral Working Group on Fisheries will gather ideas on this issue and discuss them at its meeting in Vietnam later this month.

He said Thailand has been successful in tackling IUU fishing and has managed its marine resources in a sustainable way. Thai fishing industry standards have been elevated to those of international standards and has has received worldwide recognition.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-20

Thai fishing industry standards have been elevated to those of international standards and has has received worldwide recognition.

He must be talking about the brown turd now in abundance and swimming merrily at many locations????

Achievements ? Are they kidding? Without being forced by the EU they would still be using slave labor and practice unsustainable exploitation of marine resources!

What a bunch of disgusting crooks trying to take credit for something they have been forced to “achieve” by the threat of tariffs and boycott!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said Thailand has been successful in tackling IUU fishing and has managed its marine resources in a sustainable way.

Oh good oh. I must have been misinformed - I thought that they had escaped being put onto various international banned lists by the skin of their teeth, and that they were still at the top of various watch lists.

Glad it is all sorted.

51 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

He must be talking about the brown turd now in abundance and swimming merrily at many locations????

I think you are confusing that with bullshit - which is always available in vast quantities whenever achievements are to be proclaimed at ASEAN summits!

Archived