Joe Biden under fire from rivals for remarks about civility with segregationists

webfact

16 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I didn't say he is too old. I merely suggested the if you want to beat Trump maybe the poster should figure out what is more important. You always have such a warped spin on every single post you make. 

Actually, I wasn't responding to your post so much as to the "like" you gave this comment:

"He's too old for the job. I don't even care what he has to say."

Go ahead and spin that away.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, age is a factor.   It's not a big factor, but I do believe that in spite of the historical perspective Biden may have, he is getting too old for the job -- not just physically, but mentally.   It's time the world start moving into the 21st century.  Younger and stronger is better.   

1 hour ago, Credo said:

For me, age is a factor.   It's not a big factor, but I do believe that in spite of the historical perspective Biden may have, he is getting too old for the job -- not just physically, but mentally.   It's time the world start moving into the 21st century.  Younger and stronger is better.   

I'm hoping he gets pushed out of the way by year's end.  He's always been a business-as-usual senator, a thowback to the pre-Gingrich/Rove/Cheney GOP days when both parties were usually able to come to terms to some degree because they weren't all that different.  He's doing well in the polls because he's the only one with nation-wide name recognition.

None of these polls matter until next year, this whole bs of extending the primaries into the preceding year is just a money-making thing fostered by political hacks, pollsters, and of course the various media outlets.  These campaigns burn through $$$ like a prairie fire, and the masterminds pull in big bucks.  Remember Jeb?  It was reported his 2015-16 campaign burned through $330 million.  Gotta wonder where it all went...

But yes, sorry Joe, you gotta go.

I have a contrarian view. I think all the higher tier democratic candidates can beat "trump" except Bernie Sanders who I think would be crushed with red baiting (and I also think he would have lost last time if nominated). I don't think ANY of the choices are really generating much excitement from large numbers of democrats. Certainly not Biden. Maybe Warren has the best excitement factor, but still, not all that much. Mayor Pete has the novelty act factor so I wouldn't bet the house on his chances of being nominated. That does concern me for whoever is nominated. "trump" because he's a vicious toxic demagogue is going to keep and excite his base. I'm hoping a choice emerges that can do similar in a positive way in order to beat him. I don't know who that is going to be yet. It's way to early to lose hope that the right candidate will emerge. So I wouldn't get too obsessed with the Biden or not question so early. Let this play out.

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think all the higher tier democratic candidates can beat "trump" except Bernie Sanders who I think would be crushed with red baiting (and I also think he would have lost last time if nominated).

I was watching Chris Matthews show one day during the 2015-16 primaries.  He had Ted Cruz on, who was pushing a book.  Usually Matthews sucks up to the pols, in awe of anyone in power etc.  but this interview he was constantly laughing and giggling, right in his face.  Asked about the Dem candidates, Cruz said he liked Bernie.  Matthews laughed, "so Ted Cruz endorses Bernie Sanders!"  Yeah, the GOP liked Bernie the way they liked Kerry in the 2004 primaries, meaning they had the playbook all laid out.

Archived