Non O (Multi Entry) based on marriage in London?

I was due to go to the UK toget my Multi Entryas usual recently but found out about the new system and didn't want to be the "guinea pig". So I went to HCMC which was a very easy experience.

I have been informed now that apparently in London the Non O Multi Enty is no longer an available visa? To save my sifting through lots of posts can anyone confirm this to me?  

If this is true it will be a real pain in the arse for people that are married to a Thai but work overseas, (not UK)

So basically the Thai Visa system now is going to be responsible for a lot of broken marriages. I go to UK once a year to visit family there and get a Thai visa. I then spend the rest of the year going in and out of Thailand as I work in the Middle East. There is no way I am flying to UK every single time I need to go back to Thailand, and I assume they are still restricting the amount of "Visa Excempt" entries.

What a total crock of <deleted>..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildpikey said:

So basically the Thai Visa system now is going to be responsible for a lot of broken marriages. I go to UK once a year to visit family there and get a Thai visa. I then spend the rest of the year going in and out of Thailand as I work in the Middle East. There is no way I am flying to UK every single time I need to go back to Thailand, and I assume they are still restricting the amount of "Visa Excempt" entries.

What a total crock of <deleted>..

It is inconvenient for you I agree, but how often do you get vacation time off work in the ME? I only got a month every 4 so Visa Exempt entries worked for me. 

I work on contracts so inconsitent. But possibly going onto a 28 / 28 this year.

With all the uncertainty I can only guess that within time the little friendly places (HCMC and Savanakhet) will change their rules also to make it a virtually impossible task to be able hold down a succesful marriage.

The extension of stay is also a no no for me as I can never tellif I will in country to "renew it" meaning I would have to start the process again.

Oh well, to be fair Thailand is a boring place to be now anyway. But shame my marriage has to suffer to consequences.

• Like 2

You could go to Savannakhet Laos or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to get a multiple entry non-o visa while here with no financial proof.

Or Penang, Malaysia with 400k baht in a bank or proof of 40k baht income.

Edit: In reply to post done while i writing this one.

I don't think you have worry about the non-o visa not being available at locations near here. 

Edited by ubonjoe

Just got the onein HCMC and eadmittedly it was easy. Although London has always been easy until a sudden change.

What makesyou think that they won't just stop the Multi Entrys in Local Consulates on a whim? Seems logical that they will, and then a lot of people are going to be out of luck.

11 minutes ago, wildpikey said:

Just got the onein HCMC and eadmittedly it was easy. Although London has always been easy until a sudden change.

What makesyou think that they won't just stop the Multi Entrys in Local Consulates on a whim? Seems logical that they will, and then a lot of people are going to be out of luck.

Does it really matter, if ME stops just get single entries.

90 days in Thailand, then a nice little holiday to HCMC for a week or two.

CNX direct to SGN is only 1,300bht each way.

Edited by BritManToo

13 minutes ago, wildpikey said:

I used to fly into Thailand from the Middle east. Flying instead to Laos, Vietnam or Penang was not an option. Likely I would have had to transit in Bangkok anyhow. 

I too wonder if a tightening up of nearby consulates is to be expected. 

16 minutes ago, wildpikey said:

What makes you think that they won't just stop the Multi Entrys in Local Consulates on a whim?

They would not do it on whim. They have been available for many years at nearby embassies and consulates.

The are also available at many other embassies and consulate around the world.

London is using the online application system and the requirements shown on the site for them was based around the Beijing embassy rules is the reason for them not doing multiple entry non immigrant visas. Other than the OX and OA visas the only one that even mentions a multiple entry is for a non-b visa.

7 minutes ago, wildpikey said:

I work on contracts so inconsitent. But possibly going onto a 28 / 28 this year.

With all the uncertainty I can only guess that within time the little friendly places (HCMC and Savanakhet) will change their rules also to make it a virtually impossible task to be able hold down a succesful marriage.

The extension of stay is also a no no for me as I can never tellif I will in country to "renew it" meaning I would have to start the process again.

Oh well, to be fair Thailand is a boring place to be now anyway. But shame my marriage has to suffer to consequences.

It's a pretty sad situation, spent 13 years coming to Thailand with every hour of leave and time in lieu I could muster, then decided last year to give up (snap decision on availability of a deal with a sweetner) my employment in the UK early and also due to a temporary injury. Plans were totally based on the availability of the non O ME, and the £1400/month net UK income on the London embassy's website, with a comfortable margin index linked. Also a one of my pensions that exceeded the 40k/month also index, for sending for the income method for future use, now marginally above 40 due to FX rate.

I still love being over here, spending all my time with the son, and of course the wife (when she not busy at work).

But I view the system, as totally unstable, especially with the Fx GBP effect. Totally not confident for the coming years, in relation to their regulations. A Policy on roller skates

3 hours ago, wildpikey said:

I have been informed now that apparently in London the Non O Multi Enty is no longer an available visa? To save my sifting through lots of posts can anyone confirm this to me? 

Just posted:

3 hours ago, wildpikey said:

As long as the Local Consulate is not online, there is little chance of them stopping the Multi Entries. Of course, they could suddenly change the documentation needed to get a particular ME, such as requiring proof of money in a bank.   

A reliable poster said that the Online Visa Application system is "Global" and controlled by Bangkok, not the individual Consulates.  The same password and username can be used in the UK, China, and France.   So (according to me), I think visas can disappear with a keystroke from the Online Consulates.

Glad I got my ME back in March on my U.K visit...

I'm in the same situation though, so next year will be Savannakhet if they still issue them or maybe HCMC ??

I did visa exempts last year 3 times but they did question me on the last 2 entries in Krabi. Only a matter of time before they turn you around at the airport, which just impacts my holiday time ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They would not do it on whim. They have been available for many years at nearby embassies and consulates.

The are also available at many other embassies and consulate around the world.

London is using the online application system and the requirements shown on the site for them was based around the Beijing embassy rules is the reason for them not doing multiple entry non immigrant visas. Other than the OX and OA visas the only one that even mentions a multiple entry is for a non-b visa.

So, your considered opinion is that consulates near to Thailand are unlikely to switch to the online application system in the foreseeable future? I hope you are right.

39 minutes ago, BritTim said:

So, your considered opinion is that consulates near to Thailand are unlikely to switch to the online application system in the foreseeable future?

Yes

I am not even sure it will continue at the ones using it now without some significant changes. The are going to have to allow for different requirements at each embassy or consulate.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not even sure it will continue at the ones using it now without some significant changes. The are going to have to allow for different requirements at each embassy or consulate.

Well, in the case of London, they seem just to have decided to eliminate any options not provided in China. It is possible (being a pessimist) that they will simply go for the minimum set of visas available at any of the embassies and official consulates. An optimist will look for them to expand the options available at some embassies/consulates that are currently more restrictive. I personally doubt they will update the site to provide different options for each individual embassy/consulate, though it would be technically feasible. I suspect, in the end, it will all depend on the preference of a small group of decision makers at the top of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.