Yamaha Tricity for rent in Pattaya ?

WhatsNext

Thanks, didn't know about that dealership , will have a look soon and report back.

Watched many video's on the bike and regulary see a few moving about in pattaya, considering the sometimes terrible road surface a bike like this would be a bit safer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have been to the Watchara Marine Yamaha dealer, but sadly they only have a few bigger bikes and a lot from Triumph. No Tricity.. 

Mityon doesn't stock it either. A very uninterested salesmen pointed me at some previous previous pcx models for 78.000 or the new one for 93k, which should be 83k according to the Honda Website.

It seems dealers in Pattaya are ripoff artists and stock only Aerox and PCX. 

Grateful for any tips on the Tricity or any dealer really which doesn't price above retail, whats wrong with the market here ? 

5 hours ago, BigT73 said:

is there any reason you prefer the tricity?  

I drive a Nmax now (rented), great bike but..

The roads in and around Pattaya are pretty bad at times, and i like to dedicate all my attention to the traffic without having to look at the road surface all the time as well. What i understand from the reviews the Tricity gives you a more car like stability with potholes, bad surfaces and so on

The new PCX is an alternative maybe but at 93.000 for the non hybrid its a total ripoff, the hybrid at least is for retail available at 99.900 but thats the same as the tricity which has ABS and the 3rd wheel...

7 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

I drive a Nmax now (rented), great bike but..

The roads in and around Pattaya are pretty bad at times, and i like to dedicate all my attention to the traffic without having to look at the road surface all the time as well. What i understand from the reviews the Tricity gives you a more car like stability with potholes, bad surfaces and so on

Just a little feed back on Tricity ownership - I owned a 155cc TriCity with ABS.

I wouldn't hesitate to get another other if in the market for a Scooter.

The front end it not significantly heaver (as some suggest), it rides, swerves, counter-steers to flick it about just like any other bike.

The two front wheels offer better braking (on scooter sized tires), especially in the wet, especially with ABS. Potholes are smoothed over, one wheels goes through the pot hole, the other doesn't and takes the weight of the bike (it a big pothole with both wheels and you feel it, but you would on any other bike) - but its far from 'car like' stability, its still a motorcycle and you can fall off like any other motorcycle, it just rides the bumps better and the front end grips and brakes better. 

Storage is good like most scooters (can fit a helmet under the seat)

The bike is heavier than regular scooter - so go for the 155cc instead of 125cc which may be underpowered due to the weight (I'd avoid the 125cc).

Try contacting the dealerships in Bangkok if you are not getting any joy from Pattaya dealerships - you may have to suck it up and just end up buying one (which you'll probably have to order anyway) - if you don't like it, it will resell, I sold mine for 80k baht after a year of use (98,000 baht new).

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found one in soi 13/3 labelled as 155 with nice paintwork but after checking the model number it turned out to be a 125 of 5 years old. Nice trick ! Tried it, liked it, tried buying at several Pattaya dealers but none have any and of course i mean the new 155 model. 

Mityon said they had a black and a white black one but have to wait 4 months for whatever reason. Really nice bike, impossible to buy it seems. Tried to sell me everything else on 2 wheel, but i really do like the 3 wheeler...

Second hand found several 5 year old ex rentals for around 40k, but not interested in buying the 125cc with god knows how many badly driving kilometers without any warranty. 

I asked on the Yamaha stand at the motor show and I was introduced to 2 Bangkok dealers.  One had 2 new 125's at a "very good price" - but as I was considering the 155 I didn't keep the details, but I remember the dealers was on the 'dark side' of the river.

The other dealer was on Rama 4, and they said they could get a 155 in 3 days.  They also mentioned that all the The Tricity production from Yamaha Thailand was bound for Europe - so it would need to be a special order.

Swiss bike rental located behind LK pavilion has a few , also shop in Soi buffalo ( do not recall shops name) but can see all parked outside .

i own one, solid ride but little too heavy for the engine size , mine is 125 or 135, do not recall. 

On 7/23/2019 at 12:27 AM, Kinnock said:

One had 2 new 125's at a "very good price"

The other dealer was on Rama 4, and they said they could get a 155 in 3 days. 

Thanks for this, good i didn't buy a 2 wheeler yet, i will phone around and hopefully find one.

Today i think a 155 fully black model passed me somewhere in Pattaya with a Thai girl on it as driver, a first !

The 125 will be fine for me as well, as the bike i had rented was a fake 155, and i was happy with the performance, it's no rocket but neither am i ????

3 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Thanks for this, good i didn't buy a 2 wheeler yet, i will phone around and hopefully find one.

Today i think a 155 fully black model passed me somewhere in Pattaya with a Thai girl on it as driver, a first !

The 125 will be fine for me as well, as the bike i had rented was a fake 155, and i was happy with the performance, it's no rocket but neither am i ????

Try Watchara Yamaha on Sukumvit road, this is where i got mine, but it was years ago.

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/dealer-services/dealer/5000

I should also tell you in case you do not know, maintenance on this is much more expansive than the regular bikes. For example wheels tubeless, and from memory about 1200 baht per tire, Had brake pads changed on mine, from memory around 600 baht.

11 hours ago, BestB said:

Try Watchara Yamaha on Sukumvit road, this is where i got mine, but it was years ago.

Was there already but they don't sell it. 

The only offer i got in pattaya was from Mityon with a 3/4 month wait for some reason

Called yamaha support and they said it was discontinued for thailand due to lack of interest. Ill give up and get an nmax/filano/whatever with 2 wheels

10 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Was there already but they don't sell it. 

The only offer i got in pattaya was from Mityon with a 3/4 month wait for some reason

You know it’s really weird. Before there were plenty on show and not selling well. I actually thought it would be discontinued. 

But instead Yamaha introduced 150cc and possibly 300cc is coming out yet as you say can not get one

really weird 

On 7/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, BestB said:

You know it’s really weird. Before there were plenty on show and not selling well. I actually thought it would be discontinued. 

But instead Yamaha introduced 150cc and possibly 300cc is coming out yet as you say can not get one

really weird 

The Yamaha rep at the motor show said it sells well in Europe and they also sell in Australia and New Zealand, but no demand in Thailand - so they make for export only.

But he added thay can supply to order within 2 or 3 days.   But this was earlier in the year, perhaps they are harder to get now.

Phoned around bangkok as well, nothing.. so finally got myself an Yamaha Nmax, with 500 baht discount and a free electric pan.

Yay for thailand's "competition"

Then again shouldnt complain even with the high baht the bike is not even 2/3 of the price in germany. 

On 7/28/2019 at 10:23 AM, MrJ said:

how much was the Nmax? I paid 77k more than 3 years ago

The 2018 "new" mat black model with gold wheels list price was 81.500, i got mine with a huge discount of 500 baht ... So 81.000 

With a free jacket and a choice of rice cooker or electric sukiyaki pan ! 555

It shows how <deleted> up the market is in Pattaya with really only Mityon as a dealer. However... even with the strong baht the Nmax is still only 2/3 of the price that it is in Germany.

The bike is nice, stable, fast, and feels great with a passenger, looks cool too in black. On the negative side : The suspension is too hard for my taste and the gas too responsive. It's hard to ride it smooth in traffic like you can with a filano. 

Took a third party 1st class insurance including theft cover for 5.300 per year and declined mityons 2 years theft cover only for 2700

Archived